PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss is the cornerstone of teams defensive tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are absolutely right in your observations. In Minnesota, Moss routinely let the Vikings play in effect 10 on 9 football. The first season after he was traded the Vikings offense went from a perennial top 5 offense to a bottom 5 offense within the span of 1 year! Division rival players were quoted by reporters remarking at how shockingly easy the Viking offense was to defend against.

That's why I'm here, to watch the show. I hope Moss gets his Super Bowl ring after being disappointed twice. Vikings fans still have not recovered from 1998 and Moss was nearly in tears after the 2000 41-0 pounding. He said that the whole team gave up halfway through the first quarter.

Patriots offense looks like its never looked before, sure the pats would most likely still be 6-0 with #81 but lets take a closer look at what Randy is doing to most defenses. The TV does not show what is really going on, it only shows the snap/o-line area at hand. Randy Moss was being covered like paper on glue, the safety's rolled out to his location when cowboys played double nickel and in their 2 front zone blitzs..the weak side DB blitz was just a decoy and would follow randy moss throughout the game..Moss has *always* 2 bodies on him and for alot of the game, 3 bodies!!! How easy can it get for tom brady when Welker is being covered by LB's and then zone once he gets past them, and donte stallworth 1 on 1, those two guys only see double coverage when they run into a zone that is cross-patterned by a randy moss route OR in the redzone. I was at the game and I must tell you guys, which im sure you already know,Moss is a huge asset. Moss will never get more then a TD or 40-60yds with the way defenses are covering him, and if he does, it'll be on a brady bomb that moss fingertips. I am a Cowboys fan but Ive loved Randy since day one, its just amazing on the conflicts he can create.

No chance.......... In the short run, perhaps, but eventually teams are not just gonna douple/triple Moss and let Welker/Stallworth/Watson (when he comes back) kill them all year long. At some point, they're gonna have to shift back over with some zone help, giving Randy a little more room. They'll still be spying him, but they will not be content to just let those other guys run free racking up points as they go.

It'll be a constant shell game all year how defenses willl go about shutting this offense down. Moss will have a few more 150 yds days and a bunch more TD's, as well as those days like he had in Dallas. At the end of the day though, the premise that teams will be content with losing by 21+ points, so long as they tell themselves they keep Randy's numbers down is just silly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case