PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss is a dog-faker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop blaming Moss. Ask yourself what Peyton manning would do with Moss right now.

The problem is Brady has no other choice.

The reason he forces to Moss is because Moss is the only decent true wide reciever on the team.
When I see Wes Welker routinely line up on the outside and run 15 yard slants, posts, and outs I will call him a wide reciever. Right now he is basically a running back lining up wide.
He cannot stab deep into the offense.

By treating Welker as a true number two reciever the Patriots have shortchanged their passing game. He should be an outlet, not a feature reciever.

Bingo all-over-the-place.

Greg Lewis, Joey Galloway, Jabar Gaffney, Donte Stallworth, Kelly Washington all say hello. I agree about Welker's role--Randy Moss is this team's ONLY wideout.

Aiken has stepped up as much as he can, but has no business on the field as our #2 WR. People who say that Edelman can fill that role when he returns are insane. He's a Welker clone.

Yet another colossal mistake by BB and the FO--thinking we could let Gaffney, Washington, Lewis and Galloway all walk, in the hope that Brandon Tate could just step in and be that guy after being activated, while patching it with guys like Edelman and Stanback in the meantime. If Watson was anywhere close to being a downfield threat, you might get away with it. But teams figured out how to take Watson out after 2 games.

Does anyone know if Randy has pet dogs? Maybe he's a dog whisperer. Or if he steals dogs, he's a dog taker. Heaven forbid if he lived in China, he could be a dog baker.

Nearest I can figure, the OP thinks Randy is "doggin'" it and "faking" it, hence dog-faker. Interesting term regardless, I wonder if he made it up or it's new street lingo.

that's the best explanation I've heard. Doesn't make much sense, but I don't think any explanation will.

Yet another colossal mistake by BB and the FO--thinking we could let Gaffney, Washington, Lewis and Galloway all walk, in the hope that Brandon Tate could just step in and be that guy after being activated, while patching it with guys like Edelman and Stanback in the meantime. If Watson was anywhere close to being a downfield threat, you might get away with it. But teams figured out how to take Watson out after 2 games.

You assume that Galloway/Lewis could have gotten it done here (yet Galloway didn't and was here for a bit). You also assume the FO "hoped that Tate could just step in" and be that guy. They tried to get a #2, Lewis, Galloway, Tate etc.... they may have failed but Galloway/Lewis walking was not wrong.

The misstep was maybe in not doing more to keep Gaffney, but they had a decent chance of success at replacing him. Just a case of many valid options at one position all failing this season. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

He didnt have it last week. I am not saying he lost his "clutchness" by any means, but he wasn't clutch last week.

What exactly is this "clutchness" you speak of. Is it a quantifiable? Is it predictable? Is it learned?

I'm of the opinion that it's a crock of spit. He's a great QB and will succeed far more often than not, but he will fail at the same rate when it matters most.

Last edited:
What exactly is this "clutchness" you speak of. Is it a quantifiable? Is it predictable? Is it learned?

I'm of the opinion that it's a crock of spit. He's a great QB and will succeed far more often than not, but he will fail at the same rate when it matters most.

Clutch is those comeback drives, leading teams to wins in the 4th quarter. Driving the team down the field and scoring a TD in that last possession on Sunday would have been clutch

You assume that Galloway/Lewis could have gotten it done here (yet Galloway didn't and was here for a bit). You also assume the FO "hoped that Tate could just step in" and be that guy. They tried to get a #2, Lewis, Galloway, Tate etc.... they may have failed but Galloway/Lewis walking was not wrong.

The misstep was maybe in not doing more to keep Gaffney, but they had a decent chance of success at replacing him. Just a case of many valid options at one position all failing this season. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

Probably true that in hindsight re-signing Gaffney would have been the safest bet. But as it turns out, they didn't give themselves a decent chance of replacing him--how can you when you just cut guys like Lewis, Galloway, and Washington before giving them a legit chance at developing game-speed repoire/timing with a QB who hasn't played in a year? It was definitely going to take longer than training camp and the preseason. Sadly, money almost always plays into these decisions. So welcome to our stellar class of low-cost WR depth on the other side of Moss--Aiken, Edelman, and Stanback and an IR'd rookie.

Clutch is those comeback drives, leading teams to wins in the 4th quarter. Driving the team down the field and scoring a TD in that last possession on Sunday would have been clutch

I agree it would have BEEN clutch, but is that clutchness thing an ability? Whereby you can succeed in the clutch more often than you succeed in the not-so-clutch?

Probably true that in hindsight re-signing Gaffney would have been the safest bet. But as it turns out, they didn't give themselves a decent chance of replacing him--how can you when you just cut guys like Lewis, Galloway, and Washington before giving them a legit chance at developing game-speed repoire/timing with a QB who hasn't played in a year? It was definitely going to take longer than training camp and the preseason. Sadly, money almost always plays into these decisions. So welcome to our stellar class of low-cost WR depth on the other side of Moss--Aiken, Edelman, and Stanback and an IR'd rookie.

It's also possible if not likely that even if Lewis, Washington, Galloway were given more time that Aiken would be the best option in this offense.

They may not have had much time to a fan's perspective (i.e. seeing them get multiple pass attempts in games) but the coaching staff surely saw enough of them. Galloway wasn't exactly tearing it up while he was here. Should we have just stuck with him all year?

The 4th and 1 catch vs Atlanta was with 2 minutes left and the Pats were up 26-10

The TD vs the Dolphins was the 1st drive of the game and it was 58 yards not 75 and the Dolphins didnt even have the ball yet in the game.

These are great plays, but not clutch. Clutch is in the 4th quarter or 2nd half when your trailing and you need to make a play to win a game.

first miami game

first miami game

My mistake. Probably the closest thing to clutch he has done all season. He has had a good season numbers wise, just hasnt been making clutch plays when we need him to.

My mistake. Probably the closest thing to clutch he has done all season. He has had a good season numbers wise, just hasnt been making clutch plays when we need him to.

And you attribute that to what exactly? Is he not trying when we need him to try? Is he not getting his dose of magical clutch fairy dust before the games?

And you attribute that to what exactly? Is he not trying when we need him to try? Is he not getting his dose of magical clutch fairy dust before the games?

He isnt getting it done in the clutch. You can say its a lack of effort, not taking it to a second gear, etc. Whatever the reason he just isnt producing in big time situations like he is capable of.

Last edited:
He isnt getting it done in the clutch. You can say its a lack of effort, not taking it to a second gear, etc. Whatever the reason he just isnt producing in big time situations like he is capable of.

Perhaps it's Brady who isn't getting it done in the clutch. You know, he is the one who has to actually throw the ball to him. How about the O-line? They have fallen apart in the 2nd half of each of our losses. How is Brady supposed to give Moss time to get open if the line doesn't block for him? Finally, if the defense focuses on Moss in big time situations (double/triple coverage), it's Brady's job to find someone else open.

I mean, you could say "Where was Welker at the end of the game, he didn't do **** when we needed a first down to end the game", but it wouldn't make you right.

Perhaps he has a chihuahua ... which is really not a dog ... more like a rat .. a fake dog.

Perhaps he has a chihuahua ... which is really not a dog ... more like a rat .. a fake dog.
I haven't seen Randy carried around in a handbag yet. Perhaps he might like it? :p

Did he mean poodle-faker? At least I know what that is. What a dog-faker is, I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News