PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss drops longtime agent, plans to go rest of career without one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Randy Moss changes agents

If Randy Moss goes the Tedy Bruschi route, I'd like to see him remain a Patriot the rest of his career. He's still the best weapon that the Pats have. I'm sure he will drop off a little bit due to age, but there have been quite a few receivers that were still productive late in their careers and I think Randy can be one of them.

I think we have a real tendency to take things players say TO THE MEDIA as if they were saying it to a loyalty trusted friend and confidant.
Moss is very intelligent about the way things go in the NFL, and the way contracts and free agency work.
Any word out of his mouth to a reporter is intended to sent the message he thinks will help his negotiating position, not to communicate every thought in his mind with unbiased truthfulness and candor.
Moss will use the media to get out the word he wants, not allow the media to use him to get his every thought on the matter published.

Personally, I think Moss' comments that 'I don't think I'm in the plans after 2010, and thats fine' is Moss trolling for a response because he is concerned the market may be thin, and because it would sure be nice to sign that contract now rather than hit free agency and suffer the impact of a lockout. I think Moss will stay with Brady as long as the Patriots are offering a reasonable deal.

Re: Randy Moss changes agents

I maintain now, as I did several times during the season, that Tom and Randy didn't seem as close to each other this past season, as they were in 2007. I hope I'm wrong, but in 2007, they were BFF, on and off the field, and in 2009, it didn't appear that way, at least not on TV.

Having said that, I agree with Andy's observation.

Last edited:
Silly me. I thought the avatar WAS Kontra!

I know. I always think the avatars are the actual people. I think you are a robot who flails his arms when excited.

I know. I always think the avatars are the actual people. I think you are a robot who flails his arms when excited.

PWP is at least 2x as smart as a robot, and can move around a lot better when his arthritis isn't acting up;)

Indeed. I'm an overweight black man. :D

I agree, and he's also just a great guy in general. He's been a terrific edition to the Herald, and a great resource for all of us.

addition...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes