PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Random Thoughts about the Draft

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Just some thoughts.

#1 So last year was a disaster for the draft and particularly for the first round. The Networks were 20 minutes behind and intentionally holding pics back from public announcement for really no reason. I understand a 1 minutes holding period to get your highlight package ready but the next team should not already have picked by the time you announce the prior teams pick. Hopefully they learned their lesson by how annoyed the fans were.

#2 Also if you are going to hold the picks back please don't tell the announcers the picks while on the air. It was so obviously last year seeing them guess pick after pick right after laying out 1-2 options. As history shows the draft is never so obvious and no one ever has that batting average. In real time even as you update your board you are lucky to get 12 picks right. Lets not see that BS again as i found it highly distasteful and it still ticks me off. Basically a spoiler before the pick even if you stayed off twitter so the NFL guys can play know it alls.

#3 Not every pick is a value pick or a steal. Not every pick is a great pick. If you listen to the announces you would believe 32 HOFs just got snatched up and everyone got a steal. When you do that it cheapens actual steals and actual value picks. So when Joey Bosa goes at pick 1 or 3 or 5 anywhere around there remember.. not a steal. Just a good solid choice and about where he should go.

#4 The draft does not end at rounds 1 and 2. Whenever you hear draft coverage it is 80% of the time about round one (half of which is about top QBs and the top 5-10 picks) and 19% on round two. I rarely see people go deep into draft conversations on TV. Some people all they do for work all year in NFL draft stuff. I would think they have more insight then telling me how great the top 5 picks are and how this QB "really won't bust this time! promise!". I would love some time donated to 3-7 or god forbid... interesting UDFAs.

Last edited:
That's asking a lot in our highly consumerist society. ;)

I would love some time donated to 3-7 or god forbid... interesting UDFAs.

Who would watch? How many watch the late rounds now?

Live shows on guessing which of the 6th or 7th rounders might be the one to make a roster really wouldn't be interesting to very many. Even message board folks would really only care about those picked by their team.

And yes, there are draft analyses that include all the picks by a team.

ESPN is such a cast of losers. They would be better off just turning it over to Mel diaper and an announcer and throwing everybody else away, including tons to blubber berman.

I would be very curious to hear opinions of the regulars on this board as to their thoughts 1 year later on the Jordan Richards pick. I still think he was selected 2 rounds to early

I would be very curious to hear opinions of the regulars on this board as to their thoughts 1 year later on the Jordan Richards pick. I still think he was selected 2 rounds to early

I think most people here think he was selected to early. He could have been had later. However i do like the player and he showed flashes but should have been picked in the 5th for max draft value and he played like a 3rd round pick. Showed some solid back up play and seems to have upside.

I think most people here think he was selected to early. He could have been had later. However i do like the player and he showed flashes but should have been picked in the 5th for max draft value and he played like a 3rd round pick. Showed some solid back up play and seems to have upside.

Thx, BD, I feel we have to maximize and hit big at 60 & 61 this year given the theft of #29.
Best corner avail at 60 and either a tackle or a big running back would be my preference at 61..

Just sayin'........................

I just hope that BB doesn't flush the draft down the toilet By drafting Jaylon Smith with pick
#60 and Keenan Reynolds with pick #61.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back