Random Guys Mock Draft 2.0!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-cat

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
changes to my draft and here they are.

1a.Cameron Jordan, Cal 3-4 DE
An absolute beast who can do a good job rushing the passer and also can swallow up the run. Hes got great size and is a perfect fit for DE

1b. (surprise alert) Martez Wilson, ILL OLB
I know hes a middle linebacker right? not so fast! He has played ILB, OLB, AND DE! So hes very versatile which BB covets and he is great in rushing the passer AND can cover in space. Might not be to great at the run but with a little adjustment i think he'll be able to hold his own.

2a. Gabe Carimi, Wisconson OT
We need an eventual replacement for light and he may possibly be a day 1 starter if we cant hammer out a deal with Light. He is HUGE so that fits BB standard for tackles. hes a great pass blocker which our offense is built for and can hold his own in run blocking

2b. Christian Ballard, IOWA DE
An amazingly athletic guy for his size who can get sideline to sideline. He is a great run defender but leaves much desired in the pass rush department. If we get Cameron Jordan I believe Ballard would be a great eventual replacement for Warren.

3.a Clint Boling, UGA G
Great work ethic and can hold his own in the pass and run an overall solid pick

3.b Jake Kirkpatrick, TCU C
Koppen is still a good player but in the future may need to be upgraded. I think center is good value with this pick

4. Niles Paul, Nebraska WR
I know i know we have enough recievers but might as throw one in for some competition. He was booed for some drops one game but from what ive heard from practices at the senior bowl hes made strides and has more sure hands

5. Greg McElroy, BAMA QB
An absolutely accurate and poised kid who can make all the throws....except for the deep ones. He has a great pocket presence and a good feel for the game. I think he could develop into a good lead and push Hoyer

6. Brian Lainhart, Kent FS
TURNOVER MONSTER! Granted it was vs lesser competition but still he has unbelievable stats. I think drafting lainhart will put some competition in the FS area since BM is starting to get a lil shaky.

ok thats it now tell me what you think!

Last edited:

An absolute beast who can do a good job rushing the passer and also can swallow up the run. Hes got great size and is a perfect fit for DE

I know hes a middle linebacker right? not so fast! He has played ILB, OLB, AND DE! So hes very versatile which BB covets and he is great in rushing the passer AND can cover in space. Might not be to great at the run but with a little adjustment i think he'll be able to hold his own.

We need an eventual replacement for light and he may possibly be a day 1 starter if we cant hammer out a deal with Light. He is HUGE so that fits BB standard for tackles. hes a great pass blocker which our offense is built for and can hold his own in run blocking

An amazingly athletic guy for his size who can get sideline to sideline. He is a great run defender but leaves much desired in the pass rush department. If we get Cameron Jordan I believe Ballard would be a great eventual replacement for Warren.

3.a Clint Boling, UGA G

Koppen is still a good player but in the future may need to be upgraded. I think center is good value with this pick

I know i know we have enough recievers but might as throw one in for some competition. He was booed for some drops one game but from what ive heard from practices at the senior bowl hes made strides and has more sure hands

5. Greg McElroy, BAMA QB
An absolutely accurate and poised kid who can make all the throws....except for the deep ones. He has a great pocket presence and a good feel for the game. I think he could develop into a good lead and push Hoyer

TURNOVER MONSTER! Granted it was vs lesser competition but still he has unbelievable stats. I think drafting lainhart will put some competition in the FS area since BM is starting to get a lil shaky.

4 lineman in the top 5! throw in a WR or a RB in the first 4 picks (unless we pick one up if there is a FA). i think McElroy is a wasted pick. Hoyer played well in spot duty last year, and we always only carry 2 QBs. Edelman would prob be the emergency QB (god help us) plus, we prob wont be making at least 2 of those picks after BB trades them away.

I agree with the addition of only one linebacker. After all, we have plenty of youngsters already in Cunningham, Spikes and Fletcher. I think that there should be better fitting linebackers available than Wilson, especially at 28. We badly need an OLB to set the edge. HOWEVER, if Belichick simply wants to add a talented LB to the mix, then you have made an interesting choice. I do think that he is a bit of a reach for us at 28 or even 33. I think that he may be drafted that early by someone who really needs an ILB.

3.a Clint Boling, UGA G

5. Greg McElroy, BAMA QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes