PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders stockpiling picks...not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamanai

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
According to GBN, the Raiders only have two picks in the 2012 draft, a 5th and a 6th. They are down a couple of selections for 2013 too...

I suppose they may pick up a Compensatory selection for Nnamdi Asomugha and Robert Gallery, but Off hand I don't know who they signed.

And they are unlikely to make hay in Free Agency...because they have already committed $136 million into next year, the second highest amount in the NFL. Seymour will be on the books for $15million, including a $7.5 million roster bonus in March. That may get interesting.

Last edited:
The question is, will Oakland be quite so gung ho in trading away next years picks with Al Davies no more?

I'd give em their 2nd back. Gonna be 48. For their 1st in 2013. They'll be dying to make a pick by the middle of the 2nd. They will prob get 2 comp picks for losing Nnamdi and Robert Gallery. I'd guess 2 thirds.

I'd give em their 2nd back. Gonna be 48. For their 1st in 2013. They'll be dying to make a pick by the middle of the 2nd. They will prob get 2 comp picks for losing Nnamdi and Robert Gallery. I'd guess 2 thirds.

They can't trade their 2013 1st, as it's still in play in the Carson Palmer trade. If they make it to the AFC title game next year, then they give Cinci their 1st in 2013 rather than their 2nd.

The question is, will Oakland be quite so gung ho in trading away next years picks with Al Davies no more?
They made the Palmer trade after Davis had died.

Speaking of Raider picks, their #1 is 17th, does that made their #2 (which we get) the 16th in the second round ? I think the teams inside a tied group move up a spot each round.

Last edited:
They made the Palmer trade after Davis had died.

Speaking of Raider picks, their #1 is 17th, does that made their #2 (which we get) the 16th in the second round ? I think the teams inside a tied group move up a spot each round.

Correct. As Patsfaninpa wrote the Patriots will have pick 48 in the upcoming draft courtesy of the Raiders.

They can't trade their 2013 1st, as it's still in play in the Carson Palmer trade. If they make it to the AFC title game next year, then they give Cinci their 1st in 2013 rather than their 2nd.

LOL You can put a condition on it. If by chance they make the AFCCG the pick is moved to 2014.

Meanwhile, their trade partners, Bengals and Pats, are all set.

The Bengals have a great chance to become a very good team if they hit on the 2012 draft to build around the good D/ A.J and Dalton. They have two 1sts and two 5ths. (thanks Chad...) The year after they have two 2nds and two 6ths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back