PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders owner Al Davis passes away at age 82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to sound completely distasteful but I find it hilarious how everyone is talking about how great he was. For YEARS lately, all people have done is ridicule him and talk about how once he's gone, the Raiders will be able to draft better, make better financial decisions, etc. Now that he IS gone, people are going back on what they said. Are people afraid to say what they really think because it may seem distasteful? If so, that's pathetic.

Al Davis had a huge impact on the game. Some good, some AWFUL. In my opinion the Raiders will become a stronger team without him...

With that being said, RIP Al Davis

I understand what you are saying but there is a time for everything. In the cycle of life, there are two pivotal points that all must stop to celebrate the good part about it; birth and death. There would be countless moments to come where his faults will be well examined, but just for today we have chosen to highlight his best moments and character.

Last edited:
Wow. Yeah, I'm sure we all knew it was coming but still... it's a shock.

Goodbye to one of my favorite punching bags. I hate when this happens. You will be missed, Mr Al Davis.

RIP

There are several great books that go into detail on this, most notably, "The American Football League, a Year by Year History," by Ed Gruver.

I have that book, though it's been several years now since I read it. But IIRC, wasn't Davis one of those who wanted the AFL and NFL to stay separate but be governed by a single commissioner, like in baseball? Davis's version of that scheme, of course, included that he, not Rozelle, would be the commish of that arrangement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News