PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Radical Defense Overhaul

Status
Not open for further replies.
You no nothing about me, but you come at me with these comments about me.
Your posts tell a lot about you, and it isn't flattering.

Hey you want to talk football we can do that. I kept it to football. You want to run your mouth then we have problems. I don't take crap from the people I arrest and I REFUSE TO TAKE it from you. Do you understand me!!! And I am not joking at all. Do you understand me!

I have delt with the worst of the worst and with your 10,000 + post tells me all I need to know.

you got pissed like drunk teenage girls do.

Tell me where in my posts where I am calling you SFB, dumd arse? I am not a scum bag like you

you are worse poster I have ever seen

I think you drank too much

I think I earned my respect son. Was in the Military and now am a PO. I think I have the respect thing down pretty well.

I'll take the high road and will not go down to that low of a level.
:rofl:

101_header.jpg

I made it out of Firebase Currahee and the A Shau in '68...nuff ced on the topic

Last edited:
Well I for one am grateful for your service to this country and for your service as a police officer, a thankless job if there ever was one.

dont worry about some of these folks here who's only claim to fame in life is being a "front row" member of a football chat room. Whoopie.
Very Important.

Just remember, if THEY say something, its witty and impressive. If someone else says it, they are idiots. Got it? ;)
Respect is to be earned, not awarded just because another Joe Blow signed up for the Army and became a PO, which anyone with half a brain can do. People like you are what lead to Cuban totalitarian states.

If you're grateful for his service, then get off your ass and help out all his veteran friends who these "thankful patriotic Americans" have left rotting on the street with no health care or job, and a pocket full of PTSD. Now that might be worthy of respect.

Last edited:
You no nothing about me, but you come at me with these comments about me. I'll take the high road and will not go down to that low of a level.

Actually, I've learned quite a bit about you. You're a hypocrite. You are an arrogant arse who thinks that his being a police officer and military person some how gives his the right to be a jerk to people. And when people respond in kind, you get all whiny and try to act all high and mighty. OH, you're an internet tough guy to boot.

Its hard for you to take the high road when your comments are continuously arrogant. As they were to Mgteich.

101_header.jpg

I made it out of Firebase Currahee and the A Shau in '68...nuff ced on the topic
My father served in that exact regiment. Maybe I'll do the same one day.

Drafting an OLB and depth at CB and S is what we need.

Mayo and Meriweather are the only ones on D who look like they have energy out there.

Guyton has been a great surprise. Crable should get playing time next year. Seymour is having one of his best seasons and nobody mentions this???

The players on defense who really haven't looked too good have been Vrabel and at times, Adalius Thomas. Both OLBs. Also both CB's could be upgraded, and should.

If the secondary would play better, the opp. QB would have to hold the ball a bit longer and give our DEs and OLBs a little more opportunity to get to him. Obviously that's not the only answer but it would help. I'm interested to see what the Pats will do in the off-season with free-agency and the draft, but for now I'd like to see more legal interference with the WRs to throw off their timing and routes, and some variety of pressure schemes to keep the QB guessing.

There have been times when our OLBs have not even got CLOSE to the Qb.

I know you probably love Vrabel and all, but its time to move on. His replacement is our highest priority this off season.

Actually, I've learned quite a bit about you. You're a hypocrite. You are an arrogant arse who thinks that his being a police officer and military person some how gives his the right to be a jerk to people. And when people respond in kind, you get all whiny and try to act all high and mighty. OH, you're an internet tough guy to boot.

Its hard for you to take the high road when your comments are continuously arrogant. As they were to Mgteich.

I likewise have learnt alot about you. I have the same feelings towards you. So lets do everyone a favor and keep it to football. I know for a fact that I could go at with you all day and love every minute of it. You seem like the same.

I don't think everyone wants to read our trash we are putting on the Board.

I think you have good football knowledge, are you wrong alot, yes. I think we can both agree that we have our own thoughts.

For Spacecrime. Me and this guy were giving each other shots back and forth. I think he and I would agree on that. I did not ask what you thought and could care less what you think.

I think I earned my respect son. Was in the Military and now am a PO. I think I have the respect thing down pretty well.

You do not get respect because of your station in life, you get respect because you earn it.. you remind me of people I used to work with in corrections when I started a shift I would say oh crap not him tonite, when I became a union leader this would be the guy I would spend all my time with and resources defending and when I became an administrator I would fire.

Anyone who thinks they have the respect thing down, does not..

Last edited:
Respect is to be earned, not awarded just because another Joe Blow signed up for the Army and became a PO, which anyone with half a brain can do. People like you are what lead to Cuban totalitarian states.

If you're grateful for his service, then get off your ass and help out all his veteran friends who these "thankful patriotic Americans" have left rotting on the street with no health care or job, and a pocket full of PTSD. Now that might be worthy of respect.

What the crap? How would you know what I have or havent done ya big nutcase?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

My blocking fullback who averages 2 yards/carry doesn't get enough running plays and neither does level 5 inactive guy sitting on our roster.

Translation for those of you who don't get the reference:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Last edited:

I know you probably love Vrabel and all, but its time to move on. His replacement is our highest priority this off season.

Since posting my last comment I read that Vrabel only has two sacks this season (and both against KC I think) vs 12.5 last year, so I concede the point. I don't think he's completely done, but he doesn't seem to be the threat he used to be. Is there a OLB version of Mayo out there?

I don't know if that would be our highest off season priority, though. I would put a couple of DBs first (esp. CB), then OLB, then OL...

The Patriots defensive scheme is "bend don't break" that is why it has great sucess against teams without patience, unfortunatley nobody is mroe dink and dunk, and has seen the APats defense more than old noodlearm, which is why he always looks like a HOFer against us. The defesne is far from stellar, and lacks any kind of pass rush, but it will match up much better against the Steelers.

I would not abandon the 3-4 for no other reason than the Pats have the best Nose Guard in the business. Vince has been incredible this year. I wish that they Pats had someone that could bring some pressure, but they have been solid against the run all year, and they will make other teams go the lenght of the filed and throw to score, unfortunatley both the Jets and the Phins seemed to have no problem doing just that. The problem has been 3rd down, how many 3 and 10s did they make? Everyweek I see the young guys player better Merriweather has gone from a borderline bust, to a solid starter, Mayo had the game of his life against the Jets, lets just hope that Guyton can suplant Woods.

Mayo had the game of his life against the Jets, lets just hope that Guyton can suplant Woods.

No, let's not hope that at all, given that Guyton is an ILB and Woods is an OLB.

Or one of them, at least.

Unless there's available an OLB whose value - in the FO's estimation - is just too high to bypass, I don't see our 1st-rounder being used on that position. The combination of Vrabel, AT, Woods, Crable & Redd might be given another season to sort itself out.

I feel that the FO should look very, very closely at CB & SS for their first pick, if not their first 2 picks.

If we are given an end-of-3rd pick as comp for A$ante, then that would give us 5 picks in the top 100. The positions of CB, SS, OLB, pass-rushing DE and OLman should be the only positions chosen with those 5 picks. And if the FO doubles-up on CBs and instead chooses a DE or OLB later on the second day, then I could def. live with that.

I hope they do whats best for the team regardless of fan opinions :D

I hope so as well, need some good D, probably use most pics for some good def. players, all of the top pics except for a second that will go to the cin. for chad johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes