PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Radical Defense Overhaul

Status
Not open for further replies.
im sure that if our coaches thought that switching to a 4-3, even just for half a season was worth it, theyd do it. probably too hard to switch base D's midseason on the go

*ROFLMAO* OOOOoooooo.. An internet tough guy. Does the fact that your standing as a police officer means nothing in here make you feel impotent? Heck, your little tirade makes you look like a friggin punk, not a police officer. If you don't like what you've earned, maybe you should change your own style. You are the one who started attacking me in the other thread with your BS claims.

I am happy talking football. Unfortunately for you, you attempted to hijack the thread because of your own personal little vendetta. I was on topic. You weren't. Maybe you should try staying on it from time to time. You might actually earn the respect you erroneously think you deserve.

wow. good thing you are on the internet so you can act that way toward a police officer, otherwise you might have a nightstick stuck somewhere.

i still cant believe you called Ians thread stupid.

I was having a liitle fun with the Vrable thing, but you went over board with the name calling. I pointed out facts to you that didn't work for you, so you got pissed like drunk teenage girls do.

Tell me where in my posts where I am calling you SFB, dumd arse? I am not a scum bag like you and wouldn't do that. Do I think you are worse poster I have ever seen, well yes. You try to cover up bad perfromace with excuses. I think you drank too much of the Kool aid, thats fine.

I think you got upset that you were proven wrong and you could not handle it.

I deal with enough Jerks and came to the board to talk football. My standing as a PO has nothing to do with it. I am just letting you know so where clear I am not going to take your crap.

Be a man and grow up.

I think I earned my respect son. Was in the Military and now am a PO. I think I have the respect thing down pretty well.

Last edited:
Amid tallthe bellyaching, I think I should point out that the Pats Offense is the 7th rated Offense in the League out of 32.

The Defense is not as good. It is merely the 12th rated Defense in the League out of 32.

Yes, that certainly is pretty poor, considering that we are playing 10 people who were not with the Team or starting last season. Pees and Capers are surely doing a poor job of integrating all these newcomers. :eek::snob:

It is merely the 12th rated Defense in the League out of 32.

Yes, that certainly is pretty poor, considering that we are playing 10 people who were not with the Team or starting last season. Pees and Capers are surely doing a poor job of integrating all these newcomers. :eek::snob:
However the New England Patriots defense has allowed 27 and 28 points, respectfully in the last two games. The New England Patriots defense is going in the wrong direction.

However the New England Patriots defense has allowed 27 and 28 points, respectfully in the last two games. The New England Patriots defense is going in the wrong direction.

I agree, I don't think overall ranking has much to do with anything. I think the biggest stat would be points allowed.

It's the 3rd out of 4 weeks that the other team has moved the ball effortlessly through the air in similar fashions (wide open receivers in the 5-15 yard range).
I think if a major adjustment was coming, it would have happened in the previous weeks.

I agree, I don't think overall ranking has much to do with anything. I think the biggest stat would be points allowed.

The Patriots are 9th in the league in scoring defense, despite all the injuries and resultant personnel changes.

wow. good thing you are on the internet so you can act that way toward a police officer, otherwise you might have a nightstick stuck somewhere.

i still cant believe you called Ians thread stupid.

First of all, no police officer would act the way that schmuck did. And if he did act that way, he's not an officer deserving of any respect from anyone.

As for what you believe, I don't particularly care. You've proven that you don't use the grey matter that's inside your head. I am entitled to my opinion and I'm sorry. At best, the thread is stupid at this juncture because no trade can happen until March. The last I looked, that was over 90 days away. Also, threads like that should be in the Practice squad room and a sticky should be in the main forum directing people to the Practice squad thread.

I was having a liitle fun with the Vrable thing, but you went over board with the name calling. I pointed out facts to you that didn't work for you, so you got pissed like drunk teenage girls do.

No you didn't. You started the garbage over in the other thread and brought it here. You didn't point out facts. And I didn't make excuses. I provided the facts. You are the one who started saying I didn't know what I was talking about.

BTW, I didn't get pissed in any way, shape, or form. Idiots like yourself just make me laugh. Especially when you start with the tough guy garbage.

Tell me where in my posts where I am calling you SFB, dumd arse? I am not a scum bag like you and wouldn't do that.

No, your just a pathetic internet tough guy who thinks that he can just go around spouting garbage and saying that others don't know what they are talking about without bothering to provide a shred of evidence.

Do I think you are worse poster I have ever seen, well yes. You try to cover up bad perfromace with excuses. I think you drank too much of the Kool aid, thats fine.

Your opinion doesn't mean anything to me. And you proved that with your internet tough guy routine. BTW, no one was covering up bad performance with excuses. I provided fact. Just because you can't comprehend the differences in assignments from one position to the next and one game to the next doesn't mean that the rest of us aren't able to comprehend it.

I think you got upset that you were proven wrong and you could not handle it.

Except that you haven't proven me wrong. And, I am man enough to admit when I am wrong. I've done it publicly and on this board more than a few times.

I deal with enough Jerks and came to the board to talk football. My standing as a PO has nothing to do with it. I am just letting you know so where clear I am not going to take your crap.

Maybe you should have just talked football and stayed on topic then. Maybe you should have shut your trap and not brought up your standing as a Police Officer. If you are going to sit there and dish out garbage, you'd best be prepared to get it in return. You don't like it. OH WELL. Maybe you should have thought about that before you were dumb in the other thread with your spewings.

Be a man and grow up.

I think I earned my respect son. Was in the Military and now am a PO. I think I have the respect thing down pretty well.

You haven't earned a damn thing and you sure as hell don't show respect to others. Not in here anyways. You want to talk about growing up. Look in the mirror and follow your own advice.

Hey you want to talk football we can do that. I kept it to football. You want to run your mouth then we have problems. I don't take crap from the people I arrest and I REFUSE TO TAKE it from you. Do you understand me!!! And I am not joking at all. Do you understand me!
Lighten up, Francis.

now am a PO.
Oh, God. Another cop with a hair permanently across his arse and a complete inability to manage internal anger.

I
You have obnoxious and pompous down pretty well, but you don't earn respect by being in the military. I spent two tours in Vietnam with the 25th Inf. So what? So BOR and MLR and everyone else should bow down to my opinion? Well, yeah, they should, but that's because I'm smarter than them, not because I was in the Army.

Last edited:
2713053534_49fefc628a.jpg

istockphoto_3929482-punch-in-the-face-impact.jpg

istockphoto_3929480-punch-in-the-face-impact.jpg

istockphoto_3831142-punch-in-the-face-impact.jpg

TKO scored by DaB....

We need a linebacker or two, a good corner... Other than that, I think the team is pretty set to go all the way to the SB... Just my opinion.

I heard Bill's talk on WEEI on the 3 - 4 defense which relies heavily on the linebackers being effective. Reading between the lines on what he said, I think he would be more than happy to recruit some additional firepower for our defense.

At the start of the season, I (like most others) was extremely worried about the offense. Of course, now, we have tremendous confidence in Cassel's ability to lead this offense. Granted there are the cold November games and other hurdles but I think he'll pull it off. I can't wait to see how we do against the Steelers. My prediction ? Our defense will rise up and stop their offense, which has been struggling. I don't see the Steelers making big plays against our defense, especially in their running game.

Lighten up, Francis.

Oh, God. Another cop with a hair permanently across his arse and a complete inability to manage internal anger.

You have obnoxious and pompous down pretty well, but you don't earn respect by being in the military.

I spent two tours in Vietnam with the 25th Inf. So what? So BOR and MLR and everyone else should bow down to my opinion? Well, yeah, they should, but that's because I'm smarter than them, not because I was in the Army.

I am not impressed at all if your trying to prove some point.

You no nothing about me, but you come at me with these comments about me. I'll take the high road and will not go down to that low of a level.

By the way my uncle was in the 25th. Got shot in the neck, talks a little weird, but great guy. Has never talked about it at all even with my Dad being in the Army for over 30 years has never talk to him about it.

Last edited:
Drafting an OLB and depth at CB and S is what we need.

Mayo and Meriweather are the only ones on D who look like they have energy out there.

Guyton has been a great surprise. Crable should get playing time next year. Seymour is having one of his best seasons and nobody mentions this???

The players on defense who really haven't looked too good have been Vrabel and at times, Adalius Thomas. Both OLBs. Also both CB's could be upgraded, and should.

Last edited:
my Dad being in the Army for over 30 years has never talk to him about it.
You should learn from your father and STFU about you should be respected because you were in the military. Being a veteran has nothing to do with posting or football. This place is full of veterans who also know football and aren't a-holes. You're nothing special even if you are telling the truth, which I doubt.

I hope they do whats best for the team regardless of fan opinions :D

I agree. We drafted D this recent draft and the early results are overall positive. I think we should maintain the best player available philosophy and fill the blanks in FA.

I am not impressed at all if your trying to prove some point.

You no nothing about me, but you come at me with these comments about me. I'll take the high road and will not go down to that low of a level.

By the way my uncle was in the 25th. Got shot in the neck, talks a little weird, but great guy. Has never talked about it at all even with my Dad being in the Army for over 30 years has never talk to him about it.

Well I for one am grateful for your service to this country and for your service as a police officer, a thankless job if there ever was one.

dont worry about some of these folks here who's only claim to fame in life is being a "front row" member of a football chat room. Whoopie.
Very Important.

Just remember, if THEY say something, its witty and impressive. If someone else says it, they are idiots. Got it? ;)

I certainly hope the New England Patriots draft heavily on defense in 2009.

1)OLB
2) CB

2b)bpa at rb or wr
3) SS
4) OG

It should go something like that, but ofcourse it depends on who is available

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back