PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

R.I.P., Marquise Hill (1982-2007)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, someone explain to me why Marquise Hill is not elected to the Pro-Bowl and Sean Taylor is?

While both deaths are tragic, Taylor was shot during a botched robbery and Marquise died saving someone's life.

Why won't the NFL honor Marquise?! :mad:

Hey man, I am sure you heard about eight Pats getting selected for the Pro-Bowl! Unbelievable, isn't it? Never thought we might see the day when so many Pats players get a recognition. Looks like it tied the last time we did it way back sometime. Anyway. Hope that doesn't reduce the fire in us.

As an earlier poster mentioned, it is a bit irritating to find that the NFL missed an opportunity to recognize you for the superb human being that you were. But, who cares, right? Maybe the players realize it and play with more motivation.

Off to take on Miami this weekend. Let's hope that none of us get hurt and we are able to get a convincing W.

So, someone explain to me why Marquise Hill is not elected to the Pro-Bowl and Sean Taylor is?

While both deaths are tragic, Taylor was shot during a botched robbery and Marquise died saving someone's life.

Why won't the NFL honor Marquise?! :mad:

Because Taylor would likely have made the Pro Bowl this year if he'd lived.

Christmas brings it all home -- the sad loss of a young life, a son and a mother without the man of the family, and all the rest.

Including Jarvis Green's (and his wife's) good deeds in stepping up for Hill's family.

Because Taylor would likely have made the Pro Bowl this year if he'd lived.

Well, that's ******ed! Didn't Taylor blow his knee out and was about ready to go on IR? And if Taylor lived and played another NFL game who's to say that he didn't get a career ending injury on the first set of downs he played.

Who knows about Marquise? Maybe the light goes on and he started tearing up the league this year. You don't know.

Voting someone into the Pro-Bowl posthumously is dumb and insulting if you don't do it for all the players that have died over that year.

"Standing on the doorstep of history" is what a columnist termed us after our W over the Fins.

One more game to go this Saturday and we will know for sure if we are in history's books.

Hope you put in a kind word for us with Mother Nature that makes it easy for TB/Moss get some individual records too. :)

Well, that's ******ed! Didn't Taylor blow his knee out and was about ready to go on IR? And if Taylor lived and played another NFL game who's to say that he didn't get a career ending injury on the first set of downs he played.

Who knows about Marquise? Maybe the light goes on and he started tearing up the league this year. You don't know.

Voting someone into the Pro-Bowl posthumously is dumb and insulting if you don't do it for all the players that have died over that year.

At the time voting closed -- not just at the time of his death -- Sean Taylor led all NFC free safeties in takeaways. Ditto in passes defensed. He currently stands #2 in INTs, #2 in takeaways, and #4 or #5 in PDs.

Last edited:
NFL Network did a special tribute to Marquis I'm sure they'll repeat it. Such a talented life cut short for the lack of a life jacket and his little boy has to grow up with only dim memories of his Dad.

16-0! Man!! This is amazing!!

Wish you were here to see it.

Regular season over and a whole bunch of records set.

On to the playoffs hunting for our fourth SB. Wish we do it style.

NYCPatsFan - Really like your posts in this thread. Well done :)

Amen.

Marquise, we can feel you smiling on us.

http://www.boston.com/news/world/gallery/2007deaths/

A list of notable deaths in 2007 compiled by the Boston Globe. The list has both international, national, and local people of note. Marquise Hill was not listed. I politely emailed the Globe and alerted them to this oversite. Would be great if others could drop them a polite note to remind them of Marquise's tragic passing this year.

This evening I got the SI end of year issue, the one with BB on the cover. Inside there is a section on the sport legends that passed in 2007. And No.91 was not there. Seriously pissed me off.

Erdoboy

It makes me sad. The talking heads want to talk like the Redskins are the only team that had a fallen teammate. The Patriots lost Marquise Hill and the Broncos lost both Darrent Williams and Damien Nash. R.I.P. to all the fallen.

But this season, Marquise, it's dedicated to you. Wish you were here, but you'll always be a part of it. We love you man, rest in peace.

Last edited:
The talking heads want to talk like the Redskins are the only team that had a fallen teammate.

Because the evil Pats aren’t capable of having emotions. :rolleyes:

Finally some recognition. NFLN just did a tribute to those lost during the 2007 year and they showed Marquis. It was a nice picture showing a close-up of him and his little girl. :)

I met Jarvis Green a few weeks back and he displayed Marquise's shoulder pads that he wears in every game. It was a touching moment.

2007_12_jarvis_green.jpg

"In one of their last telephone conversations, Marquise Hill confided in his mother, Sherry. Back in his native Louisiana for a weeklong visit before the New England Patriots’ June minicamp, Hill, a 24-year-old reserve defensive lineman, said: 'Momma, guess what. I feel like we’re going to be unstoppable.'

Sherry Hill’s voice cracked as she recounted the conversation. 'All I can say,' she said tearfully, 'is Marquise was right.'" From NY Times of 1/10/08

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/10/sports/football/10hill.html?_r=1&oref=slogin&pagewanted=print (reg may be required)

"In one of their last telephone conversations, Marquise Hill confided in his mother, Sherry. Back in his native Louisiana for a weeklong visit before the New England Patriots’ June minicamp, Hill, a 24-year-old reserve defensive lineman, said: 'Momma, guess what. I feel like we’re going to be unstoppable.'

Sherry Hill’s voice cracked as she recounted the conversation. 'All I can say,' she said tearfully, 'is Marquise was right.'" From NY Times of 1/10/08

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/10/sports/football/10hill.html?_r=1&oref=slogin&pagewanted=print (reg may be required)

Aww. :( RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back