PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

R-E-L-A-X

Status
Not open for further replies.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">From spies in Foxboro: Julian Edelman was seen running, cutting, and stopping at full speed on the Practice field this weekend.</p>&mdash; Mike Loyko (@NEPD_Loyko) <a href="">January 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

if true, that would potentially change our offense ALOT. it wasnt until Edelman went down that our team started to look bad

Calm tf down peeps.

The following people will more than likely be ready in 2 weeks:

Offense
  • Starting Tackle (Vollmer)
  • Starting Guard (Kline)
  • Backup Tackle (Waddle)
  • Starting WR (Edelman - Pro-Bowler, #1 Target)
  • Starting WR2 (Amendola - Closer to 100%)

Defense
  • Starting ROLB (Hightower - Borderline-Pro Bowl Player)
  • Starting RE (Jones - Pro-Bowler, Sack Leader)
  • Starting Safety (McCourty - Pro-Bowler, Closer to 100%)
  • Backup CB (Coleman)

Not to mention REST for Brady (who has been getting killed), the rest of the OL, Gronk, Amendola.

Just chill out, we are the #1 or #2 seed in the NFL playoffs (again). We will be fine.

It really would be a shame to throw a season away that began so well. My big question is how long will this "walking wounded" team last in the next game? Will a good number of them go down, again? If so, will they make it back for the next game..if they win? Fair questions. o_O

I notice you mention of Amendola and McCourtey states "closer to 100%." So, how about the rest. Will they be at 100%? And if they are not, is that a formula for disaster? :eek:

BB has always said that he's only worried about the players on the field; those who can play. Perhaps, this off-season, it will be time to think about those who cannot stay on the field? :confused:

As if it's not enough that the NEP lost 4 of their last 6 game, they are also pulling players out of retirement just to field a team. :rolleyes:

I can't r.e.l.a.x.! I'm too preoccupied thinking I can't stand it anymore...

If things fall the way I think they will fall the Patriots will play KC in the divisional round and Pitt at home for the championship. I'm fine with that. The alternative is going to Denver for the AFCCG and I'm fine with that as well.

We're on to the Divisional Round and a pissed off Patriots team is going to kick ass.

It sounds good to say a "pissed off" Pats team is going to wreck people, but if they're pissed off and the OL keeps getting abused, they're not going to wreck anyone other than Brady.

Pointing out fact has nothing to do with how long I've been here. Season tickets since 84, more then qualified to point out crap when I see it!!

So compared to the 80's and most of the 90's this should be a treat for you right? Or do you want Grogan to start in two weeks?

It sounds good to say a "pissed off" Pats team is going to wreck people, but if they're pissed off and the OL keeps getting abused, they're not going to wreck anyone other than Brady.

Here is the big problem, they are NOT getting any running backs back. Yet you can bet the house they will try to establish the run in the first PO game. By the time the realize it won't work, it will be too late. Do you think the rest of the league has figured out yet that they run a draw play on 3 rd and long EVERY TIME???!

Here is the big problem, they are NOT getting any running backs back. Yet you can bet the house they will try to establish the run in the first PO game. By the time the realize it won't work, it will be too late. Do you think the rest of the league has figured out yet that they run a draw play on 3 rd and long EVERY TIME???!

Why would you think they would play the same way in a PO game? Are you serious with this?

So compared to the 80's and most of the 90's this should be a treat for you right? Or do you want Grogan to start in two weeks?

I'm happy you are ok with the lack of effort and total surrender this team showed past 2 weeks. Don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out when the run game is dead!!! I guess josh is NOT a rocket scientist!!!

Why would you think they would play the same way in a PO game? Are you serious with this?

No the point is we should NOT be going to Denver ..... And if you say you are ok with that then BS is your middle name!!

Seattle did EXACTLY what was needed to be a key factor in the playoffs, got hot at the right time.

The "right time" to get hot is in the playoffs. Consider...

2009 SB Champs: New Orleans. Last 3 games: 0-3, two of those were at home. That included a loss at home to 3-13 Tampa Bay.

2010 SB Champs: Green Bay. Last 5 games: 2-3. That included a 7-3 loss to 6-10 Detroit.

2011 SB Champs: NY Giants. Last 8 games: 3-5. That included a two-TD loss to 5-11 Washington.

2012 SB Champs: Baltimore. Last 5 games: 1-4.

2013 SB Champs: Seattle. Last 4 games: 2-2.

2014 SB Champs: New England. Last 5 games: 3-2.

So none of the last 5 Super Bowl champions were "hot" going into the playoffs. All 5 of them were mediocre at best, and downright awful in a few cases. Even the 2007 Giants were 1-2 in their last 3. The 2008 Steelers were 1-1 their last two. The 2006 Colts were 2-3 in their last 5 and 3-4 in their last 7. You really have to go back to the 2005 Steelers to find a team that was hot at the end of the season and went on to win the Super Bowl.

Long story short, it is absolutely, positively FALSE to claim that you need to be hot going into the playoffs to win a championship. You just need to be hot IN the playoffs. Ergo, the right time to be "hot" is IN THE PLAYOFFS.

And the Patriots, if healthy, are as good a bet as almost anyone to get hot in the playoffs.

I'm happy you are ok with the lack of effort and total surrender this team showed past 2 weeks. Don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out when the run game is dead!!! I guess josh is NOT a rocket scientist!!!

So Dr, let's play all the injured players to get the bye and have the risk of them being injured more or worse, sucks they gotta play next weekend...oh wait...

Calm tf down peeps.

The following people will more than likely be ready in 2 weeks:

Offense
  • Starting Tackle (Vollmer)
  • Starting Guard (Kline)
  • Backup Tackle (Waddle)
  • Starting WR (Edelman - Pro-Bowler, #1 Target)
  • Starting WR2 (Amendola - Closer to 100%)

Defense
  • Starting ROLB (Hightower - Borderline-Pro Bowl Player)
  • Starting RE (Jones - Pro-Bowler, Sack Leader)
  • Starting Safety (McCourty - Pro-Bowler, Closer to 100%)
  • Backup CB (Coleman)

Not to mention REST for Brady (who has been getting killed), the rest of the OL, Gronk, Amendola.

Just chill out, we are the #1 or #2 seed in the NFL playoffs (again). We will be fine.
The team coughed up HFA and has looked attrocious for most of two months. This is not a slight on your OP but what does it mean "we will be fine"? Of course they will be fine every team will be "fine". This team is not winning anything though unless some miracles happen. Edleman better be fine. They suck without him and the stats show it.

No the point is we should NOT be going to Denver ..... And if you say you are ok with that then BS is your middle name!!
Yea think?

Why would I be ok with going to Denver? In fact that is not a certainly.

What seems certain is that you seem to think that this team is going to trot out and play the same exact way in the playoffs. The fact that you even hinted it shows you dont understand the game, despite being a "season ticket holder since 84" lol

Yep

This Denver team is scaring the sj.t out of me.
Both Denver and Pitt are playing better football and have more team "fire" and energy than we do now...

So Dr, let's play all the injured players to get the bye and have the risk of them being injured more or worse, sucks they gotta play next weekend...oh wait...
Yes. Home field with the status of this team is a huge factor....they layed down today, sad you are ok with that. Why not throw at LaFell and Martin and work them into game shape more !!

Both Denver and Pitt are playing better football and have more team "fire" and energy than we do now...

The same Steelers who lost to Mallett and their back ups last week...any given sunday...

Don't care for Suh, but not a cheap shot on Brady.. Kline got beat so badly he face masked Suh into Brady!! Kline is horrible. The offensive line and injuries will be reason NE won't make a repeat!! The team is just to banged up and flat, I hate to see them limp into playoffs..
Kline and Cannon have both been very rough this year

Here's the thing, this is what the Pats offense does well, their bread and butter: spread them out and kill them slowly with the quick/short passing game. Guess what they haven't done for weeks? Exactly that. IMO it's almost like they've purposefully NOT done what they're best at. I don't know if that's for experience or to protect guys or what. But look at it this way...

1. The quick/short passing game helps the offensive line tremendously. Brady gets the ball out extremely quickly so they don't have to protect as long. Defensive linemen don't come up quite as hard because they won't be getting there most of the time and never know when they might suddenly have to cover a screen or an RB slipping out.

2. It also opens up the passing game as a whole. If you're killing them short, they keep creeping up and you can eventually hit them long.

3. The team is getting Edelman and Amendola back healthy and this is what they excel at. It will be interesting to see how defenses cover the receivers if, say, McDaniels puts Gronk, Edelman, Amendola, Martin and White on the field. It's guaranteed there will be a mismatch on at least one of them. If defenses double Gronk, the receivers will find openings. That's one benefit of these injuries - Martin has blossomed somewhat with the reps and will be a truly excellent 3rd receiver.

4. The team hasn't played "their game" in weeks. Will opposing defenses gameplan against them effectively? Will they be ready for short passing game?

I hated watching my Patriots lose the way they did today (especially with Brady hurting his ankle). :( However I've watched the Pats long enough to know that BB has a way of bringing out the best in his players when it counts the most. I remain optimistic that our Patriots will successfully (as Devin McCourty said after the game) 'hit the reset button,' have productive practices over the next two weeks, and WILL end up representing the AFC in the Super Bowl.

Have faith, fellow Pats fans! Stop with the f'ing "gloom and doom." The best is yet to come. GO PATS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes