PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Only two things really matter: Our record and our health

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a terrible analogy. You are a customer of the restaurant, not a fan. Your restaurant isn't competing every week against another restaurant and usually winning.

No it isn't. The restaurant is competing for your business with all the other restaurants in town and it's usually winning (your business, that is). A customer and a fan are virtually the exact same thing.

"Do oyu really think that you are exercising a 'complaint to management' to make the team play better by grousing on a message board?"

No but this is akin to telling your friends and neighbors what your think is wrong with the restaurant.

All I'm saying is that you can complain about legitimate things wrong with your favorite team without getting called a "quitter" and whatnot by people saying you're not grateful for their past success.

Something BB said earlier today rings very true.

Patriots FWIW are one of the healthiest teams in the league. They have lost a few key players along with some guys who we hoped would be developing, but all in all they could be in a lot worse shape at this point in the season. Just look at last night's Broncos/Giants game.

So with that in mind, to think that some fans/media want the Pats to score 30+ and allow 10 or lower every week or else the win is "bad" or "worrisome" is crazy. Nothing is perfect, of course not. And there are concerns okn this team but #12 is still there with the rock in his hands. As long as this team continues to stay healthy and remain consistent, that's all that matters.

No it isn't. The restaurant is competing for your business with all the other restaurants in town and it's usually winning (your business, that is). A customer and a fan are virtually the exact same thing.
Not even close. Or are you a fan who picks a new favorite team every year based on who is the best?

"Do oyu really think that you are exercising a 'complaint to management' to make the team play better by grousing on a message board?"

No but this is akin to telling your friends and neighbors what your think is wrong with the restaurant.
How is it even close to that?
Is your goal to get people to change their allegiance to a new team?

All I'm saying is that you can complain about legitimate things wrong with your favorite team without getting called a "quitter" and whatnot by people saying you're not grateful for their past success.
Well thats a better comment than your analogy, which was terrible, but isn't being a Patriot fan right now unique, in that you have seen them do it for so long (and benefited from it as a fan) that Belichick, Brady and the system in place deserve some credit and patience. THEY LOST 2 GAMES. There is nothing in this franchises history for 17 years as it is currently constructed that would give any reason to believe that losing 2 games is a death knell or that any issues on the field won't be corrected.
I just dont get why people decided to whine and ***** instead of understanding this isn't the Browns and the team is in good hands and a problem with this team is less meaningful than a problem on any other team, because they always fix them, because they are the best at what they do.

Your analogy should be you've gone to a restaurant for 20 years and it has been by far the best ever but you get one meal that isn't great so now you go tell the world they are falling apart, aren't what they used to be, and never go there again.

Sure you do. That's the whole reason why Yelp exists. And of course you'd tell your friends about it.

And if you do that over and over and over they write you off as a whiney little *****. You quit on the Patriots already and you think they suck, we get it, no need to keep crying and *****ing just go find a team that never loses and you will be all set. Good luck with that.

And if you do that over and over and over they write you off as a whiney little *****. You quit on the Patriots already and you think they suck, we get it, no need to keep crying and *****ing just go find a team that never loses and you will be all set. Good luck with that.
Not to mention that if the "Patriots restaurant" deserves to be blackballed, eventually you will run out of restaurants to go to, because all will be unacceptable.

You're the one putting words in my mouth, muchacho. All I said is that you can be a fan of a wildly successful team and still have concerns about the team this year despite their past success.

First of all your analogy sucks, and second you were called a quitter because you did just that after the Carolina game, when you cried about how they would never beat Tampa Bay and they would lose to Atlanta. You whined about how bad they were and gave up on them, that’s called quitting, and there are a number of posters in this site who do that yearly and then pretend they were with them all the way when they win. Every team has to go through adversity to win it all, unfortunately some fans can’t deal with that so they whine and cry and quit in them, and that’s on them, not those who call them out on quitting on the most successful team in NFL history.

First of all your analogy sucks, and second you were called a quitter because you did just that after the Carolina game, when you cried about how they would never beat Tampa Bay and they would lose to Atlanta. You whined about how bad they were and gave up on them, that’s called quitting, and there are a number of posters in this site who do that yearly and then pretend they were with them all the way when they win. Every team has to go through adversity to win it all, unfortunately some fans can’t deal with that so they whine and cry and quit in them, and that’s on them, not those who call them out on quitting on the most successful team in NFL history.

I'm glad you have an extensive file on me. I haven't thought about you. At. All.

You know what I don't like. People finger-wagging fans who have legitimate gripes about the team's performance this year because they won the championship last year. The Pats are not above reproach because the beat Atlanta earlier this year. This 2017 team is not the 2016 team. And there are way more question marks this year than there were last.

That's what I find the most annoying.

I find it more annoying when people constantly armchair QB and second guess every decision made by the best coaching staff in the game and the best head coach to ever be a part of the game.

I don't even think the hot takes here are as bad as other fanbases, but admittedly there are some head scratchers. On my anime website, there are users who call anime trash all day and fight with each other over taste in anime. I think that_s why I am fine with the hot takes here because its so much worse other places and on my anime websites Its pretty annoying seeing fellow anime "fans" call it **** everyday.

So you don’t go back to the restaurant, that’s your choice, you don’t stand outside it crying and ****ting on them. You made it clear two weeks ago that you had quit on them, so quit, stop your f.cking crying and *****ing. You don’t believe in this franchise, that’s your choice, imo they have earned our belief. So adios, have fun rooting for the Chiefs, or Eagles, or whoever else is in first place at the time.

If the team is performing poorly there has to be room for discussions. I don't mind the discussions or the negative feedback the team gets as long as it's reasonable and coherent. Stuff like "This defense sucks" or "Brady's old and throwing fluttering passes because his athletic processing has declined" gets on my nerves because it's just a bunch of bumper sticker bull ****. I've never put Arch in that category.

the "Patriots restaurant" deserves to be blackballed

It's their cheese fries. I mean velveeta? Seriously? No one has told them the latest thing is parmesan and fresh dill on your cheese fries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back