PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question for CB watchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
These four all clock in with sub-4.4 speed at the Combine or a Pro-Day; Bassey, Hill, and Cromartie all have good quickness in the 3-cone and short shuttle - I have no data on Rushing, and I suspect he is much shorter.

I'm looking for any impressions you might have on how physical they were and how well they tackled. Did opposing QBs challenge them or shy away?

Eric Bassey 6' 195 Oklahoma

Ty Hill 5'9" 179 Clemson - I watched Hill at the Senior Bowl and thought he played too sloppy, relying on his speed to make up for his poor positioning. Anyone have a different impression?

T.J Rushing 5'11" 180 Stanford

Antonio Cromartie 6'2" 205 Florida State

I just know about Cromartie and Hill.

Remember Fabian Washington? I think he was more talented then Hill, Hill has a BAD backpedal, and like you said doesn't get good position. Hill is aggresive and will sometime miss tackles going for the big hit.

Cromartie has very fluid hips, and a great back pedal. He wraps up his man well, but isn't a hard hitter, he's more of a pure coverage corner, then an Antrelle Rolle physical corner. Cromartie, in my opinion, will be a pro-bowler in 2-3 years. He was EXTREMELY impressive at his pro day, and he can return kicks.

Thanks Mav! :rocker:

box, heres a better, proffesional scouting report

Hill
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/tyehill.html

Cromartie http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/antoniocromartie.html

Bassey was ranked as the 32nd corner, and as a late round/fa

also a report from si.com on cromarties pro day

Cromartie turned in a pair of solid workouts at the combine and pro day. Considered a true shutdown corner, he ran in the low 4.4s on Thursday, posted a 42-inch vertical jump, had an excellent showing in punt-return drills and an even better showing during defensive-back drills.

Last edited:
Box
I use the same scouting as Mav., and Broadway Joe posted a quick note on Cromartie. I also saw another report on him, and he is listed as a good tackler but not a physical player there as well. I will try to find the link.

As we talked about earlier, I REALLY like this guy. That bump and run blanket cover corner that you can go man-up with anyone. Not what BB has drafted lately, but could be like that person we let walk a year ago or so. My biggest concern is his history of injury....

Bring him in at corner and "ssshhhh!" at safety, and this backfield is deadly.

ya i love cromartie too
and his reasoning for leaving is very respectable

his mom has breast cancer and his grandma is sick

hes comin off the injury though

if he hadnt gotten injured and came out, he prob would be a top ten pick

but i really would not mind the pats pickin him at 21

I met Cromartie at a track meet, and though he is really confident he seems like a good guy. Also athletically he is a beast. Plus in high school he was also a WR, which allows him to have great ball skills. At 6'2 he can go up with about any WR and have a good chance of coming away with the ball.

At 6'2 he can go up with about any WR and have a good chance of coming away with the ball.

I know I'm going to sound obsessed, but this guy has a 42 inch vertical.

I would not mind sending next years first rounder, along with maybe a fifth rounder this year for an extra first round picks,

DeAngelo Williams and Antonio Cromartie in one draft :rocker: :singing:

ya i really think a few yrs from now this kid could be one of the best if not the best cb in the league, no kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News