PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

QB Patrick Ramsey deciding between NE and TEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: QB Patrick Ramsay deciding between NE and Ten

I could see if he had a better chance to start there, but maybe he does? Maybe Fisher told him I'm stuck with Young for a little, I'll let you play though if Collins sucks.

I mean, what else can it be? If he comes here he's the guy the second Brady goes down. If that happens, please god no, he'd be throwing to Moss, Faulk, Welker, Galloway, etc. It's a no brainer.

LOL Why, because you recognize his name?? He's the guy we knocked onto IR last year in week 7 after we knocked Cry Baby out of the Denver game. He's 30 years old, a couple of inches too short, has never been successful anywhere, has only appeared in a handful of games in the last 4 years and he's not even a veteran presence by BB standards since they have 8 seasons under their belt in which they've had some success as well as experiencing failure. He'd be here to push O'Connell and Gurierrez through camp lest either of them became complacent during the Bradyless season.

unoriginal said:
Ramsey played in a spread shotgun offense at Tulane, and was drafted by Steve Spurrier to run his Fun'N'Gun offense in Washington, before Gibbs took over.

Sound familiar?

He also had decision making issues (INTS) at Tulane and didn't work out as planned for Spurrier either... As soon as Gibbs benched him he asked to be traded...sound out of character for a BB QB?? He's been a backup JAG ever since. He's just camp fodder to keep the other two honest. If he were to pass either of them on the depth chart they're in big trouble...

Last edited:

Really? Aren't Jeff Garcia and Byron Leftwich both still free agents? Either of them are better than Ramsey, especially Garcia.

WHAT in the WORLD makes you think Garcia would play back up for us? WHAT IN THE WORLD???? Do you have any concept of reality? Do you know how many millions this guy's made? Do you know, that he has probably the HOTTEST wife on the planet? Do you think his plan, with all his accomplishments in his career, is to play BACKUP? Even if that was his first option, don't you think he would retire? This isn't Madden

Now Ramsey, I think signing him now is a good idea. We sign him for min. We don't have to pay him a thing until Game 1 preseason. If he doesn't make the team or someone better get realised, no foul. Besides, maybe Favre, after all he's done and his hard work throughout his career, will finally get the chance to play backup for NE.

WHAT in the WORLD makes you think Garcia would play back up for us? WHAT IN THE WORLD???? Do you have any concept of reality? Do you know how many millions this guy's made? Do you know, that he has probably the HOTTEST wife on the planet? Do you think his plan, with all his accomplishments in his career, is to play BACKUP? Even if that was his first option, don't you think he would retire? This isn't Madden

Ok, you can calm down....

I don't see why it's so far fetched to think he'd play backup. He signed on as a backup with Detroit and Philadelphia not too long ago....

And I was simply saying that I would LIKE to see him on the Pats, not that he would sign with the Pats.

He also had decision making issues (INTS) at Tulane and didn't work out as planned for Spurrier either... As soon as Gibbs benched him he asked to be traded...sound out of character for a BB QB?? He's been a backup JAG ever since. He's just camp fodder to keep the other two honest. If he were to pass either of them on the depth chart they're in big trouble...

And if he did it'd come from the fact he had some background in similar systems. I want Gutierrez to do well, as he's the younger QB, but he's already been cut once before because of a weak arm. Ramsey definitely has a stronger arm.

Ok, you can calm down....

I don't see why it's so far fetched to think he'd play backup. He signed on as a backup with Detroit and Philadelphia not too long ago....

And I was simply saying that I would LIKE to see him on the Pats, not that he would sign with the Pats.

Oh Im sorry. Well since we are in madden franchise mode, why stop there. I would like to see Manning getting QB min and backing up Brady. That way if TB gets injured again, we don't lose much at the QB spot.

YOU were also saying that Ramsey was not a good move with guys like Garcia and Leftwich out there right? Well just because there's better players available, doesn't mean they are available to us and willing to backup TB. Yes it's far fetched.

So MY point is, not to hurt your feeling, Let's get real :)

Really? Aren't Jeff Garcia and Byron Leftwich both still free agents? Either of them are better than Ramsey, especially Garcia.

WHAT in the WORLD makes you think Garcia would play back up for us? WHAT IN THE WORLD???? Do you have any concept of reality? Do you know how many millions this guy's made? Do you know, that he has probably the HOTTEST wife on the planet?
If having a hot wife meant you were a good QB, then I'd be starting for some team in the NFL!

Last edited:

If having a hot wife meant you were a good QB, then I'd be starting for some team in the NFL!

I hope you showed that to your wife and are getting some action right now.... but have you seen his wife?? you don't get THAT from playing backup!

Oh Im sorry. Well since we are in madden franchise mode, why stop there. I would like to see Manning getting QB min and backing up Brady. That way if TB gets injured again, we don't lose much at the QB spot.

YOU were also saying that Ramsey was not a good move with guys like Garcia and Leftwich out there right? Well just because there's better players available, doesn't mean they are available to us and willing to backup TB. Yes it's far fetched.

So MY point is, not to hurt your feeling, Let's get real :)

I'm not in "Madden franchise mode". Jeff Garcia is not even close to Peyton Manning level, so that comparison doesn't make much sense. Jeff Garcia has signed on as a backup as early as 2006 with the Eagles, and even lost his starting job to Brian Griese in early 2008, so don't act like he's some untouchable starting QB in this league. There have been plenty of established NFL QBs that have been willing to take backup jobs in the past.

I never said that signing Ramsey wasn't a good move. I simply said that I believe Garcia and Leftwich to be the best free agent QBs still out there to someone else that mentioned that they thought Ramsey was the best. Nothing to get crazy about.

And his hot wife has absolutely nothing to do with anything regarding football.

I hope you showed that to your wife and are getting some action right now.... but have you seen his wife?? you don't get THAT from playing backup!

You simply have to be single. Or you've gone full ******.

nevermind..............

Last edited:

You simply have to be single. Or you've gone full ******.

You're 2 cents aren't worth sh*t. You're simply wrong. And you ARE a ******.

I'm not in "Madden franchise mode". Jeff Garcia is not even close to Peyton Manning level, so that comparison doesn't make much sense. Jeff Garcia has signed on as a backup as early as 2006 with the Eagles, and even lost his starting job to Brian Griese in early 2008, so don't act like he's some untouchable starting QB in this league. There have been plenty of established NFL QBs that have been willing to take backup jobs in the past.

I never said that signing Ramsey wasn't a good move. I simply said that I believe Garcia and Leftwich to be the best free agent QBs still out there to someone else that mentioned that they thought Ramsey was the best. Nothing to get crazy about.

And his hot wife has absolutely nothing to do with anything regarding football.

He lost his job to Griese because Chuckie was being an A hole and not because of his ability. But fine, to your point of it being an option, I'll agree. I would LIKE to see him as our backup too. I just don't think its going to happen. But we'll see. Truce

He lost his job to Griese because Chuckie was being an A hole and not because of his ability. But fine, to your point of it being an option, I'll agree. I would LIKE to see him as our backup too. I just don't think its going to happen. But we'll see. Truce

Yeah, I don't think it's likely to happen either. Just saying that I like Garcia and wouldn't mind having him as a Pat.

nantucketguy, it is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought an idiot than to open it and remove all doubt.

Last edited:

nantucketguy, it is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought an idiot than to open it and remove all doubt.

so why are you talking? take you own advice

What in the world????

medium_simplejack.jpg

Sadly, you went there.

The one posibility i see is denver trading their 3rd pick in 2010 for Kevin .Josh has worked with him for a year and from what resis wrote the one who went and spend time ,evaluated him before he was drafted.

if Josh is forced to trade cutler he might ask BB to give kevin with a conditional second thrown in.

now patrick signing makes even more sense.

satz

The one posibility i see is denver trading their 3rd pick in 2010 for Kevin .Josh has worked with him for a year and from what resis wrote the one who went and spend time ,evaluated him before he was drafted.

if Josh is forced to trade cutler he might ask BB to give kevin with a conditional second thrown in.

now patrick signing makes even more sense.

satz
Drafting a guy with a third in 08 and trading him for a third in 2010 is bad business. I'd say it'd take a 2nd this year to start the conversation.

Don't you have to be over 13 to post on the internets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back