PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

QB coach T.C McCartney

Has been TE coach for a while right? Njoku had a great year last year. Seems like a good coach. Wonder how he will do transitioning to QBs though he has done it before.

I hear that 'with a little luck' he is 'coming up'.
Reaction Confused GIF

McCartney has the track and the profile to be an OC in the future. All he is missing is QB coach experience. Wouldn’t shock me that’s an hire for the future. A succession plan to AVP if he leaves in a couple of years.

McCartney has the track and the profile to be an OC in the future. All he is missing is QB coach experience. Wouldn’t shock me that’s an hire for the future. A succession plan to AVP if he leaves in a couple of years.
Well, that's just superb. I'm "coming up."

Profile says quarterbacks coach in Denver in 2019.

Former quarterback at LSU? Is there a talented quarterback from LSU in this draft? Asking for a friend.

Profile says quarterbacks coach in Denver in 2019.

Former quarterback at LSU? Is there a talented quarterback from LSU in this draft? Asking for a friend.
Is there?

He was also a QB in college, so he has experience playing the position.

If you're going to revive Corky Mac from the grave, you need a whole team of people.

The great irony is that (some) folks moaned about BB hiring within his trusted network … and now Wolf is doing the same, leaning on former colleagues to fill staff positions.

The great irony is that (some) folks moaned about BB hiring within his trusted network … and now Wolf is doing the same, leaning on former colleagues to fill staff positions.
To be fair, its more about how people feel that the FoB (Friends of Bill) aren't actually good coaches (with few exceptions) more than that they are nepo hires.

The NFL is all about Nepo hires, each team does it and most coaches hires friends or friends of friends, or children of friends

To be fair, its more about how people feel that the FoB (Friends of Bill) aren't actually good coaches (with few exceptions) more than that they are nepo hires.

The NFL is all about Nepo hires, each team does it and most coaches hires friends or friends of friends, or children of friends
Dan Quinn is a perfect example of that crap.

I won't pretend to know everything about all these coaches coming in but I am happy that we seem to be putting together a full coaching staff and they all have titles.

I won't pretend to know everything about all these coaches coming in but I am happy that we seem to be putting together a full coaching staff and they all have titles.
Here's a few notes from his bio on the Browns website:

· Named tight ends coach in 2022 following two seasons as an offensive assistant. Rejoined the Browns staff after serving as an offensive assistant with the club in 2014.
· Returned to the Browns in 2020 and helped the offense to some of its best numbers in generations. Cleveland's 408 points were its second-most in franchise history, while the club also finished with its second-best total in scrimmage touchdowns (48) and tied for the second-most first downs (355). Worked closely with the quarterbacks as Baker Mayfield's rating jumped from 78.8 in 2019 to 95.9 in 2020 and his interceptions dropped from 21 to eight.
· Helped the Browns lead the NFL in rushing average in 2021 with a 5.09 mark, the highest average by a Browns team since 1966. The team's 6,090 scrimmage yards were the fourth most by the club in a single season.
· Spent 2019 as the Broncos quarterbacks coach, where he helped rookie Drew Lock finish with a 4-1 record as a starter, tied with John Elway for the most wins by a rookie quarterback in team history. After starter Joe Flacco was placed on injured reserve at midseason, helped prepare Lock and Brandon Allen, who each recorded victories in their first NFL start.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back