PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Reportedly Hire O-Line Coach With MMA Background - Scott Peters

Dude should have been hired way sooner to this level of a role.

Browns are a masterclass at line development. What they did developing guys like Wyatt Teller has been incredible.
This was also my thought. A bit of a surprise Peters hasn't already been promoted, and also a surprise that they didn't promote him to replace Callahan. I guess it's possible they might want to go in a bit of a different direction below Stefanski?

Browns are a masterclass at line development. What they did developing guys like Wyatt Teller has been incredible.

It‘s good coaching.

I don't yet know how Trent Brown will be replaced, but still, he needs to be let go and have some other team cut him a check to do the very least that he can do.
I am on board with letting Trent Brown walk. Trying to constantly motivate him is a waste of time. To bad because he could be a solid tackle if he gave a consistent effort.

Last edited:
I don't know when it was made official, but Klemm had a screaming match with on of Groh or Wolf last October. It was soon after that he took the "Medical leave of absence". It was noted that prior to this, Klemm was teaching his own techniques and that, after he left, Yates and Ferentz went back to teaching Dante's methods. With both Groh and Wolf still hear, it was just a matter of time before he was replaced.
Yes, I think that's all we know at this point. There's been no announcement of Klemm either staying or leaving has there?

I am on board with letting Trent Brown walk. Trying to constantly motivate him is a waste of time. To bad because he could be a solid tackle if he gave a consistent effort.
In fact, had he taken his profession seriously (weight, strength and conditioning, effort) he could have been a HOF caliber OT. A sad case of wasted talent.

This is probably my favorite hire this offseason so far tbh

Yes, I think that's all we know at this point. There's been no announcement of Klemm either staying or leaving has there?
Not in as many words, no.

Love this hire. I consider Callahan up there with the likes of Dante. Hopefully he was a good understudy and bring it here.

I remember Stephen Neal was a wrestler before playing in the NFL and while he was eventually limited by injuries he was one of the best linemen we have had in the dynasty era. Also happy to hear that Peters learned under Callahan who is up there with Dante as some of the best to ever coach offensive line.

I remember Stephen Neal was a wrestler before playing in the NFL and while he was eventually limited by injuries he was one of the best linemen we have had in the dynasty era. Also happy to hear that Peters learned under Callahan who is up there with Dante as some of the best to ever coach offensive line.
I'm not going to pretend to be some sort of OL expert but I've never seen anyone pull quite like he did. He would fire around those corners and find someone to block quick, accurately, and with force.

I like this hire a lot.

I don't know what to make of Klemm. The OL sucked last season, but also, if I was in charge of it and had been given the players to play tackle that he was given, I would have tried to kick Groh and Wolf's asses, too.

I think he's been in a coma since October

This is a joke but legitimately the last we heard about him was he was leaving the team with an illness and he just permanently peaced out since then
Di-a-beet-us. Which…likely lead to clots.

Putting pieces together from what has been reported

It will be interesting how they handle the OT the Browns traded to us last season.

Did they like him or were they looking to dump him?

Last edited:
I was not a fan of the Klemm signing.
He was a meh player and the Pitt o line was bad under him.
He coached at Oregon ok, maybe he brought us Gonzalez thanks for that.

I'm not going to pretend to be some sort of OL expert but I've never seen anyone pull quite like he did. He would fire around those corners and find someone to block quick, accurately, and with force.
He was super athletic and strong and used to maul guys back then. I always seem to end up with a favorite O-lineman during various parts of the dynasty and Neal was my favorite early on.

I bet he lights a Fire under Trent Brown's @ss glad useless Klemm is Gone! Yeah I'm hoping we keep Trent new regime clean slate.
Uh...no. Why on earth would you want to keep the guy who's quit on the team multiple times and is going to want a lot of money. Plus, it seems a little harsh to be ragging on a guy who was so ill he had to leave the team.

Uh...no. Why on earth would you want to keep the guy who's quit on the team multiple times and is going to want a lot of money. Plus, it seems a little harsh to be ragging on a guy who was so ill he had to leave the team.
I want no part of Trent Brown. I also could be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if Klemm's "illness" came about the same time he allegedly screamed at someone in the front office.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back