Welcome to PatsFans.com

Progress on the CBA?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by JoeSixPat, Feb 16, 2006.

1. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +112 / 2 / -3

I'm not sure if this was broached in the all too long "Kraft Benching the NFL" thread but there appears to be some progress on the CBA if this report is to be believed.

Though it seems to me that the definition of Defined Gross Revenues is much easier than agreeing how much should go to player salaries - let alone how the team owners will share such revenues among themsleves.

So this still looks like a pretty steep hill to climb to me - a three way tug of war

- the players who are simply looking for more money and don't really care where it comes from,
    - the owners who financed their own stadiums and projects and depend on team revenues to finance their projects,
    - and those owners who expect the public to finance their teams while ALSO getting a share of the revenues earned by other team owners (Aid to Families with Dependent NFL Owners)

Looks like a mess in the works to me, so I hope the optimism of this article is true

2. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +183 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Not great news but good news.

In the end, I really don't care what they finally agree to as long as the greatest game on earth continues to be played.

3. oldrover

oldrover Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Don't care about progress. Only a final deal.

4. groundgame

groundgame Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

After Jerry Jones and Bob Kraft were recently savaged (painted as incredibly greedy owners for not volunteering up their earned money in a give-away to other owners) in an editorial by Pro Football Weekly editor Hub Arkrush, do any other national media types mention the fact that the Patriots are already subsidizing/supporting a majority of NFL franchises by way of sharing their existing revenue stream which boasts the NFL's highest ticket prices per seat for Gillette Stadium's estimated 62,500 non-luxury box seats?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2006