PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ProFootballWeekly: Pats intent on extending Wilfork

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming that you're saying this to get us going. But I'll bite, it should be fun.

Neutralizing him? Lets take SD first. The Pats played SD twice last year and beat them both times. After both games the SD players said that Wilfork played dirty (i.e. kicked their butt). They also said that the Patriot cheerleaders, mascot, and food vendors also play dirty. Now if the SD players say that the Patriots are dirty, then it must be true. Because we all know that the SD players are the most classiest, up-right citizens, best role models, and most humble players in the NFL. If you don't believe this, then just ask them yourself. The SD players will be the first to tell you about themselves again, and again, and again....

Now for the Giants. First off they are to be congratulated for a great game and for winning the SB. God knows I wish the Pats won, but you have to give credit where credit is due. The Pats defensive line didn't lose the game, the Pats offensive line lost the game. The Giants defensive line and lbs owned them. The Pats defense gave up 17 points. After the game, a bunch of Giants players took back or recanted their remarks about Wilfork.

As a Kazur and the pain killers goes. He got caught, he owned up, and he helped nab a drug dealer. It doesn't make him a saint, but at least he owned up like a man. BTW: I'm sure every team has one or two guys that do this including the Bills. I'm not saying its right but don't throw stones...

Now we get to Lynch. He hits a person with his SUV and then takes off. He leaves the person not knowing how badly she is injured or if she's even alive. We call that hit and run. He doesn't call the police and refuses to meet with them. His car is impounded and it is proven that it was his car. He still refuses to meet with the police. Witnesses come forward stating that he was in the car. He still refuses to meet with the police. He attends the Bill's mini-camp. He still refuses to go to the police unless he gets a plea bargain.

So you point is?

My point is that Lynch is pleading guilty to a traffic violation--some hit and run, huh? There's testimony from him and the other guy in the car that they didn't even know they hit someone and witness testimony that backs them up on that (in that they didn't stop). They apparently hit a woman wearing dark clothing at 3:30 am in a rain storm while making a turn in a very crowded part of town while her drunken friend was dancing across the street in dramatic fashion. She had two bruises and a cut requiring 7 stitches. My personal guess (based on the location of the incident) is that he hit her with his side mirror--can't think of what else would cut you and fall off (part of the car was found at the scene.) Lynch made no attempt to hide the car, as also pointed out by the police/DA.

Personally, I wish Lynch had spoken more publicly about this rather than hide behind his lawyer, but I chalk that up more to his being 22 years old (barely) and inexperienced in such matters more than any kind of actual malice here. In addition, his lawyer has stated that Lynch wanted to talk publicly, but that he wouldn't let him (and for good reason, as the victim came forward this week dragging a scumbag plaintiff's lawyer with her--surprise, surprise, but too bad for her that a lot of these facts (like the extent of her injuries and other witnesses saying that Lynch drove off without stopping, consistent with his story) already got on the record before she could manipulate it.)

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/377851.html

In watching the reaction to this story on Bills message boards, what strikes me most is that folks there don't back Lynch blindly on this issue--in fact, I'd say at least 30-40% of posters thought Lynch was in the wrong at least in not talking publicly about the matter and reacting so slowly to it. A bit different tack than other boards I know, where morality seems to turn on whether it's your guy or not in the crosshairs.....

On Kaczur, here's an article on the ordering $4000 worth of pills every few days--you do the math....

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma.../06/04/patriot_arrested_then_aids_drug_sting/

"Kaczur said he had begun buying OxyContin in November 2007 and purchased 100 pills every few days, paying tens of thousands of dollars over time."

If that ain't a felony, I'm not sure what is. Who knows, maybe he was personally using $400k worth a year of the stuff? If so, I feel even worse for him than I did before.

On Wilfork, we'll have to agree to disagree, but back to the point of my original question (didn't mean to hijack the thread), if I were Pioli, I'd consider in my calculus that this is someone who may find his career cut short by a cheap shot in retaliation for his own cheap shots. Should be some interesting negotiations.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe