PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro-Brady article in the NYT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you believe Troy Vincent acted completely on his own?
I don't recall saying that. I do recall saying Goodell ruled based upon one side of the story and now has the other side.

I don't see many of those other owners as "lap-doggy" to Goodell as Kraft is.

How many of the Snyders, Irsays, Jerruhs are willing to "take one for the Commish" is arguable.
It's not a matter of the other owners being lap-doggy (although I do agree that right now Kraft is the top lap-doggy) but that if Goodell agrees to drop the Brady suspension and leave in place a 50 - 75K fine for non-cooperation - no matter how much fans may holler the owners won't say a word.

Look, any of the teams that wanted the Pats to be put thru the wringer and set at a competitive advantage should be quite happy. Based on the most gamed investigation since the Stalin-era and with not a real ounce of evidence, Goodell has hit the Pats with the most severe team penalty in NFL history!

Reading that really makes my disgust with Kraft come back like a bad green chili-cheeseburger.

It is with the 31 owners of those franchises however.
And there is zero evidence that him doing the right thing with Brady would harm his jopb security in the least.

And not one of them possesses the blind, lap-dog loyalty to Goodell that Kraft does.

Kraft is clearly the outlier owner in the NFL.
We don't know that.

T
hey will drop him like a two ended lit cigar if he drops the Brady and Patriots punishments to nothing.
There is nothing to support that comment. Nothing at all. Show me any evidence that any owner at all would fire Goodell over his ruling on a Brady suspension, or any suspension at all.
You are simply making up an argument and saying it is true with nothing behind it.

He will probably lighten Brady's punishment (and possibly, the Patriots' due to backroom dealing with his BFF for his loyalty). But complete vacating of the punishments would have to come in the second step from the court system.
Again, this is nothing but total speculation.

Goodell completely washing it clean by himself means the end of his commissioner-ship.
Ludicrous. You keep saying the same thing and offer no fact to back it up.
Why in the world would the owners who otherwise support Goodell fire him for doing the right thing?
There could be reasons, I suppose, but I have not heard any legitimate ones offered.

My point is that if Goodell decides to back off on Brady, the other owners will go along. Their fans may scream for a bit but that will not change anything. I am sure a number of jealous owners would want to see the Pats hamstrung but they will support Goodell. In fact the better play is for RG to fold - those same owners will be happy that the Pats lost 2 draft choices and the fans were distracted from the failures of their own teams.
Of course.
It would simply be ridiculous for Goodell to find the facts do not support any penalty at all for Brady and then have the owners fire him because he didn't give one anyway.
Are we saying in the future they will tell him to find ways to penalize the Patriots with no reason, or they will fire him?
I understand the misguided idea that he would save face by sticking behind Wells, but that really isn't true either. He will ultimately get more credit from more corners by being wise enough to overrule Wells.

Has any one of the other 31 owners even publicly mentioned this fiasco?

When I think of New York, I just think of fat loudmouths like Turtle from Entourage. That's what I see when I watch any New York city team home games and they pan the crowd. A bunch of Turtles.

or, as they say in the Bronx...Toitles

When I think of New York, I just think of fat loudmouths like Turtle from Entourage. That's what I see when I watch any New York city team home games and they pan the crowd. A bunch of Turtles.
I see lots of guys with square-shaped heads, slicked-back dark hair, white tank tops, hairy upper arms and back and gold neck chains. THAT is your typical New York fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back