Predictable Walsh Talks May be Near...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Here we go, and as many of us expected, the name Matt Walsh raises its ugly head by an even uglier John Tomase... coincidental with the draft to maximize face time for Tomase and Walsh.. this goes on and on and on and on and on....

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...g?articleid=1088014&srvc=sports&position=also

It has been more than two months since the name Matt Walsh entered the local sports lexicon, and we may finally be close to knowing what light, if any, he can shed on the Patriots [team stats]’ videotaping practices.

Speaking at the SMU athletic forum luncheon in Texas on Wednesday, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell expressed hope that a deal allowing the former Patriots video assistant to talk will be struck soon.

“I have never met Matt but I’m hoping to meet him some time in the near future,” Goodell told those in attendance in comments relayed by the Dallas Morning News. “He’s indicated he has evidence and new information that would lead to further disciplinary action. I’m anxious to meet with him. I hope that’ll happen some time in the next couple weeks.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Predictable Walsh Talks May be Near..

Here we go, and as many of us expected, the name Matt Walsh raises its ugly head by an even uglier John Tomase... coincidental with the draft to maximize face time for Tomase and Walsh.. this goes on and on and on and on and on....

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...g?articleid=1088014&srvc=sports&position=also

It has been more than two months since the name Matt Walsh entered the local sports lexicon, and we may finally be close to knowing what light, if any, he can shed on the Patriots [team stats]’ videotaping practices.

Speaking at the SMU athletic forum luncheon in Texas on Wednesday, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell expressed hope that a deal allowing the former Patriots video assistant to talk will be struck soon.

“I have never met Matt but I’m hoping to meet him some time in the near future,” Goodell told those in attendance in comments relayed by the Dallas Morning News. “He’s indicated he has evidence and new information that would lead to further disciplinary action. I’m anxious to meet with him. I hope that’ll happen some time in the next couple weeks.”

I tried to post a comment on the Herald site that said;

"How on earth did the Herald hire such an irresponsible hack like tomasse? I guarantee everyone that nothing will come of Mr Walsh's comments if & when the are reported. I also predict that Tomasse will lose his job (God, I hope!) and will end up in Hawaii making up stories with Matt Walsh."

But it kept saying I typed in the wrong security code...which I did not.

If I ever see Tomasse anywhere in my lifetime, I will surely "bump" into him by accident.

Last edited:

Well the draft is near, something to put the Pats in a bad light needs to happen again.. I guess Tommose is upset about not getting any cake for Bill's birthday...

Isn't this essentially word for word what Goddell has been saying for 2 months?

Hmmmmm, 8 days from the draft and here we go again. Perhaps they are trying to pry away the 7th pick?

This has to stop. Do real fans, real journalists and the NFL really think that the Pats were the only team doing this stuff??????? That is the absurd part of all of this. It's like if I were to get caught for speeding and society basically dosowned me. Most every driver on earth has gotten away with speeding.

People hate this team because they do not give the media great quotes and they consistently win with "lesser talent".

Enough is enough, go away!!

**** it, I hope he talks.

If not - this will just forever be over our heads. If we did nothing wrong then there should be nothing to worry about - let Walsh talk.

Isn't this essentially word for word what Goddell has been saying for 2 months?

Exactly. This is the EXACT same thing Goodell has been reporting since the days after the Super Bowl.

We're still waiting, Mr. Walsh...

Hmmmmm, 8 days from the draft and here we go again. Perhaps they are trying to pry away the 7th pick?

This has to stop. Do real fans, real journalists and the NFL really think that the Pats were the only team doing this stuff??????? That is the absurd part of all of this. It's like if I were to get caught for speeding and society basically dosowned me. Most every driver on earth has gotten away with speeding.

People hate this team because they do not give the media great quotes and they consistently win with "lesser talent".

Enough is enough, go away!!

everybody's been doing this since before papa bear halas.

Another Herald stroy about nothing new. You can just take Goodells comments over the last two months and cut and paste them each week or day.

If not - this will just forever be over our heads. If we did nothing wrong then there should be nothing to worry about - let Walsh talk.

The longer he waits to tell his story, the more people will start to realize that he doesn't have @#%()&. Seeing as he's already got a lawyer working for him, if he had the tape people ascribe to him, he would have released (or, for that matter, sold) it already.

The longer he waits to tell his story, the more people will start to realize that he doesn't have @#%()&. Seeing as he's already got a lawyer working for him, if he had the tape people ascribe to him, he would have released (or, for that matter, sold) it already.

2 lawyers, actually. Our own Harvard educated FootballFanetic is working for the Good and Just Matt Walsh.

Can't really fault fatso on this one. More like Commissioner numbnuts. I really do think this clown is dense, and he is totally incapable of managing media. He was faceless middle management material, never meant to be front and center - just doesn't have the charisma or capacity to think on his feet before he opens his trap, which is what led to all the uproar to begin with.

A savvy Commissioner's answer to this line of questioning would have been ..."As has been the case since last September, our door remains open IF Mr. Walsh has any evidence or information he feels is worth sharing regarding essentially unsubstantiated allegations he is rumored to have made and which the Patriots have strongly denied. Frankly I hope to meet with him soon because we need to move on beyond rumor and inuendo, and both the league and the Patriots would welcome closure on this matter..."

Instead the commissioner who never learns from his mistakes said “I have never met Matt but I’m hoping to meet him some time in the near future. He’s indicated he has evidence and new information that would lead to further disciplinary action. I’m anxious to meet with him. I hope that’ll happen some time in the next couple weeks.”

This is the administrative version of situational football and Goodell has virtually no strategic grasp of the X's and O's. I think after 20 years of unfettered growth and prosperity under Tags the owners assumed even a 5th ballot compromise JAG could occupy the NFL commissioners office and they wouldn't miss a beat. They're unfortunately going to find out that was not the case. Pair him up with the volitile Gene Upshaw and you have a slam dunk recipe for a work stoppage come 2010. The silver lining is that will likely end both of their NFL careers.

Agreed. Even worse that the inept way he's keeping the Walsh issue alive by poor phraseology, this 3rd rate commish is likely to botch the owner-player negotiations. If you think this off season is long, try a whole season without NFL football and possible dismantling of franchises and loss of fan fav players. If the NFL becomes MLB, I'm not interested.

And "if' he does have something, I hope by now Belichik has some former CIA agents assigned to derail his "proof". Unlike some, I don't think it should come out even if we did do something wrong. It was all part of the NFL culture back then and EVERYONE knows it.

The Patriots played the fall guy once, let's do anything and everything to prevent it from happening again. There's just too many compromised jurors for any information to be treated impartially. Since the fix is in, lets hope our "agents" distroy the evidence before it comes to light.:D

Last edited:

Well the draft is near, something to put the Pats in a bad light needs to happen again.. I guess Tommose is upset about not getting any cake for Bill's birthday...

Tomasse doesn't just want some of the cake.....he wants the WHOLE cake for himself. This crap doesn't even phase me anymore, until this douchebag come out and says what he has publicly, I could care less about Walsh.

I really wish Goodell would just shut up at this point. He and the Patriots did a very good job throwing it back at Walsh in the owners meeting, but anything he says now will get picked up by someone and blown into more than it is.

Tomase wrote an article about nothing today. It will no doubt get picked up everywhere because the words Matt Walsh in a story is big news (well, except if it is shattering his credibility) even when there is nothing new to report. Goodell just used the same line he used two weeks ago at the owners meeting and now it is breaking news.

Is this something walsh has indicated this fresh to someone or is goodell just saying what has been rumored since ever.

I really wish Goodell would just shut up at this point. He and the Patriots did a very good job throwing it back at Walsh in the owners meeting, but anything he says now will get picked up by someone and blown into more than it is.

Tomase wrote an article about nothing today. It will no doubt get picked up everywhere because the words Matt Walsh in a story is big news (well, except if it is shattering his credibility) even when there is nothing new to report. Goodell just used the same line he used two weeks ago at the owners meeting and now it is breaking news.

Looks like he just stirred the pot a little today. There's some more crap on PFT (of course Florio quotes Tomasse and calls him by name) about it with some annoying comments from Patriots Haters.

I'm betting he's a little upset that Bill answered his question in the Press Conference on Tuesday with basically a one word answer.

Is this something walsh has indicated this fresh to someone or is goodell just saying what has been rumored since ever.
All I've ever read is Walsh saying, paraphrased, "things were done that people haven't taken responsibility for". Unless Walsh has said something additional to Goodell, there's serious "literary license" going on from that Goodell quote.

I think Goodell was just reciting the company line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back