OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

We will be _____ in 2023.

• Much improved (12-16 Wins, at least 1 PO win)

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Improved (10-11 Wins, playoff appearance)

Votes: 48 48.5%
  • Same Sh*t Different Season (7-9 Wins)

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • 9 miles of sh*t (5-7 Wins)

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Then there's us (0-4 Wins)

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
Now that we have our shutdown corner and our defense can get back to being truly elite, and now that we have a legitimate OC, I don't see a single team out there who can compete with us.

Prediction for the season: Lombardi trophy #7.

That should make all of you happy, because I never miss.
The shut down corner is a rookie. So I would not count him as Night Train Lane this season.

Even back in the day with the GOAT, I never thought I was smart enough to predict a season in May. And now? Too many moving pieces. A team that lost its way for a season...Matt masquerading as OC and Special Teams becoming a weakness. Mac still hasn't had a fair shot.

But, I'll play along.

W's? Reserving the right to change my mind before September, I think 8 or 9 is the upside. But, I see more downside than upside. 2--4 is probably the upside in the Division, so they'd have to go 7--4 against the NFC East plus assorted challenges like the Chargers and Chiefs to get to 9.

But no one will take a BB-coached D lightly. If they get back to their traditional strength in ST and Mac shows he's the guy, they'll always be competitive and viewed as a "tough out."

Bottom Line: After two glorious decades, I don't have a problem with another two or three seasons wandering in the wilderness, but this is the year we learn whether Mac has a shot or whether the rebuild includes QB.
It was a bit easier then, when you have 10 wins for 18 straight years, it tends to make predictions better. But then we didnt really predict wins, it was, is this one of the years we win the superbowl again.

Wait, so because the defense didn't hold up his 4th quarter TD to take the lead, that's Mac's fault?

I know "fan" is short for "fanatic" but, man, the anti-Mac brigade is truly insane. I think 20+ years of success broke their brain. And only having what amounts to three starting QB's in the last 35 years (Bledsoe, Brady, Cam) made people forget how hard it is to identify, draft and develop a franchise QB. There are still teams out there searching for their next "guy" since their previous heyday decades ago.
Mac has not proven to be the next guy yet, so basically so are the pats.

Anyway, prediction. Pats have what looks to be a tough schedule. I see them getting about 7 or 8 wins, so saying 8-9 right now. I just think they are still a year or two away from really looking like they could compete.

Very tough to predict this team's record - I think that if they play to my expectations, they're going to have a lot of very close games (this is where Mac has to step up).

Short answer: they're going to be better than last year, but that schedule is brutal, in several ways. It's not just who they're playing, but where they're playing each game EDIT: missed the first game on the schedule...thought it was a second preseason game. 8 games at the Razor. Still standing by my prediction.

With the improvement to the JETE, every win in the division is going to be tough.

So, even though I think this team is building a really solid young core, 6-11 or worse wouldn't surprise me. 2-4 in the division seems very likely, and even those 2 wins are going to be hard to find.

The news isn't bad, though, when you consider that Buffalo is starting to age/$$$ on the backside, Rodgers is a (very) temporary fix, and Miami is in win-now mode, which means lose later.

Record-wise, I expect this to be a very tough year - likely fighting with 2000 as the worst of BB's tenure here.

Last edited:
Very tough to predict this team's record - I think that if they play to my expectations, they're going to have a lot of very close games (this is where Mac has to step up).

Short answer: they're going to be better than last year, but that schedule is brutal, in several ways. It's not just who they're playing, but where they're playing each game, including only 7 games at the Razor. They get their 17th game on the road AND have to take a "home" game in Germany?

With the improvement to the JETE, every win in the division is going to be tough.

So, even though I think this team is building a really solid young core, 6-11 or worse wouldn't surprise me. 2-4 in the division seems very likely, and even those 2 wins are going to be hard to find.

The news isn't bad, though, when you consider that Buffalo is starting to age/$$$ on the backside, Rodgers is a (very) temporary fix, and Miami is in win-now mode, which means lose later.

Record-wise, I expect this to be a very tough year - likely fighting with 2000 as the worst of BB's tenure here.
they still play 8 at gillette... the ninth extra home game is the germany game

If our first game vs the Jete is before Halloween, then we’re losing that one no matter where it’s played… But if the second one is after Thanksgiving, then we have a good chance of going 1-1.

Well there it is... Billy's twisted, perverted little "winning" streak vs the Jete ends, very abruptly, on week 3 at Exit-16W.

Time to start another one on week 18 however.

Now that we have our shutdown corner and our defense can get back to being truly elite, and now that we have a legitimate OC, I don't see a single team out there who can compete with us.

This season needs more Star Wars Robot and Dikembe.

Predicting 7 wins was beyond optimistic! They will be lucky to win 5 this season.
I don't want to hear from anyone here again that I am a debbie downer...

Well there it is... Billy's twisted, perverted little "winning" streak vs the Jete ends, very abruptly, on week 3 at Exit-16W.

Time to start another one on week 18 however.

Ummm... In my defense, I didn't know that A-a-aron would injure himself on the 4th snap from scrimmage in the 1st game of the season.

Still think we can win Week 18 however.

I've been looking for this poster and forget their name.

Why was this poster banned? Did they take their satire too far?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back