PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread- Pats @ Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
With that being said, yanking Mac out that early was not a good move. In fact, I said during the week Mac shouldn't even see the field. That was the first time I've seen Bill cave so quickly to the fans booing Mac and chanting for Zappe.
If you believe BB, he pulled him because it was part of the plan, not because of the crowd.

The 4th quarter they weren't trying to win. One was a bad pass under pressure, the other was a batted ball that landed in the hands of a defender. Bears defense made good plays. Zappe still played way better than mac

You can't excuse his bad plays if we are going to hold Mac to his...they were still trying to get back in it. Fact is pats had a lead 14-10 at one point and we're within striking distance multiple times and zappe folded.

He played better starting at the 50 yard line for two plays in the first half. But the second half. 4 batted passes in a row multiple 3 and outs and 2 picks. Isn't exactly great.

NYJ's best player this season has been rookie RB Breece Hall. His season-ending injury probably dooms their offense because now they'll have to shift more to the passing game and Zach Wilson who's pretty terrible... he's got a full season's worth of starts now... 56%, 6.3 Y/A, 178 Y/G, 70.5 passer rating... this should be a rebound game for the Patriots defense.

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody, but the Bears only prepared for Mac Jones last week, because they correctly viewed a healthy Mac Jones as the biggest threat at QB. Unfortunately, he was not healthy.

The second QB they prepared for was Brian Hoyer, even though he wasn't even active, because even with an exactly 0% chance of playing, he is the 2nd biggest threat we have at QB.

That's it. That's all the Patriots QBs that the Bears prepared or showed any respect for.

Get healthy soon, MJ. This team desperately needs you.

No, I don't believe him.
I think it’s reasonable to doubt that the decision wasn’t made at least partially as a result of Mac’s performance. Like maybe he was going to come out at some point, but it would’ve been later if he didn’t throw that pick.

However, I think it’s entirely unreasonable to believe that Bill made ANY decision based on the crowd reactions at Gillette. I think that’s an absurd suggestion. Especially given that the crowd was being ridiculous (and in my opinion, shameful).

Thought this was a slam dunk easy game like last nights "contest" was supposed to be? Hmmm??

Hall being hurt is a factor but it's the Jete Oline who has been clearing lanes for him to have a great season. The backup RB had pretty good numbers from what I saw. The guy they just traded for also is a starting caliber NFL RB. Have to start with stopping the run, which the Pats have struggled with this season.

The Jete fan does not have confidence in the QB. But neither do we at this point.

This might be a go for a hike kind of day and listen on the radio...
I have no confidence in Wilson, you are correct, we are winning in spite of him. I expect a major dropoff with Hall out for the year. But i expect more of a dropoff with the loss of AVT. Carter is a good scat back and a 3rd down option. I expect to lose the next two possible three games. Thank god for our defense.

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody, but the Bears only prepared for Mac Jones last week, because they correctly viewed a healthy Mac Jones as the biggest threat at QB. Unfortunately, he was not healthy.

The second QB they prepared for was Brian Hoyer, even though he wasn't even active, because even with an exactly 0% chance of playing, he is the 2nd biggest threat we have at QB.

That's it. That's all the Patriots QBs that the Bears prepared or showed any respect for.

Get healthy soon, MJ. This team desperately needs you.
He probably wasn't a hundred percent but plenty of quarterbacks have started under a hundred percent. Mac's head is is worse than his injury

Biggest game vs. the Jets in 12 years.

Despite last week, Patriots are still road favorites (-1.5)

I have no confidence in Wilson, you are correct, we are winning in spite of him. I expect a major dropoff with Hall out for the year. But i expect more of a dropoff with the loss of AVT. Carter is a good scat back and a 3rd down option. I expect to lose the next two possible three games. Thank god for our defense.

Where is Sneezy Quinine with his Covid situation?

Good morning Pat fans!!! Getting everyone ready for a Wednesday. Sunday can't come fast enough!!!

Must win if they want any chance of sniffing a wild card.

Lol, can't be any worse than Monday night. I think we bounce back against one of my most hated teams in the league. Just a feeling.
On a short week. Andrews out. On the road with a Jets team that's not as bad as in years past and BB still not naming a starting QB.

morgan-freeman-good-luck.gif

A number of posts here say that we "must beat the Jets this week.' I think that's so, if we are referring to our staying in contention for the...Super Bowl? Let's be honest: there's no way THAT is going to happen. I have thought all along that this year is about next year, and subsequent years. To me, this year is a success if we progress in building a team which actually IS among the teams genuinely competing for the championship. I even see the Zappe/Mac thing in this light. I don't mind the "chaos" created by - what? - letting Zappe play even if it hurts widdle Mac's feelings? I say lets find out if Zappe can improve enough to lead a genuinely competitive team and whether Mac has the Moxie to stand up, get better, compete, and stop throwing all those Nervous Nellie interceptions. I'd start Zappe, see how he plays, see how Mac reacts, if he does.

A number of posts here say that we "must beat the Jets this week.' I think that's so, if we are referring to our staying in contention for the...Super Bowl? Let's be honest: there's no way THAT is going to happen. I have thought all along that this year is about next year, and subsequent years. To me, this year is a success if we progress in building a team which actually IS among the teams genuinely competing for the championship. I even see the Zappe/Mac thing in this light. I don't mind the "chaos" created by - what? - letting Zappe play even if it hurts widdle Mac's feelings? I say lets find out if Zappe can improve enough to lead a genuinely competitive team and whether Mac has the Moxie to stand up, get better, compete, and stop throwing all those Nervous Nellie interceptions. I'd start Zappe, see how he plays, see how Mac reacts, if he does.

Thank goodness the team doesn't share your attitude(s) about competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe