PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thoughts: My Little Ponies Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luck does make his mistakes, but he doesn't typically lay over and die when things go bad. I think he has quite a few comback wins already in his career. At least a couple when they were down big.

I pull off your arms and legs then start eating your face. You are both torn apart and eaten alive.

Edit: I also probably tear off your ****.

Technically you'd probably have to eat off my arms and legs, like by eating through my shoulders and knees/hips to "eat me apart". What you're describing is simply tearing me apart then eating me......

Technically you'd probably have to eat off my arms and legs, like by eating through my shoulders and knees/hips to "eat me apart". What you're describing is simply tearing me apart then eating me......

Well in this scenario I have enough strength to actually pull your arms off. I suspect I'd have to get on some sort of serious training regimen and even then I'd probably have to like, step on your chest and pull really hard. It would probably take several days but I am ready to commit!

I would be shocked it this a blowout or an easing win. Colts play well at home. They got seattle and denver at home last yr and beat them. This is a big game for them , primetime, a team they lost to last 2 times. Not going to be an easy atmosphere at all to play in . Pats need to weather the early storm and keep control of the game.

Luck does make his mistakes, but he doesn't typically lay over and die when things go bad. I think he has quite a few comback wins already in his career. At least a couple when they were down big.

That comeback against the Chiefs last year was epic.

I would be shocked it this a blowout or an easing win. Colts play well at home. They got seattle and denver at home last yr and beat them. This is a big game for them , primetime, a team they lost to last 2 times. Not going to be an easy atmosphere at all to play in . Pats need to weather the early storm and keep control of the game.

They also lost to Miami and St. Louis at home last year. Neither of those teams went .500. In fact, St. Louis blew them out 38-8. I don't get your point.

Luck has thrown 7 INTs against the Pats in two games in 2012 and 2013. During that timeframe, he threw 24 INTs against the rest of the league. He struggles against the Pats' defense.

He does, that's true. But I think the Pats generally do well against QB's of his ilk...the 'gunslingers' who put up big numbers but cough the ball up with relative frequency. I think the Pats defense has always been designed to layer defenders and force QB's into bad decisions. For years the personnel hasn't been there to take advantage of these schemes as much as BB would want, imo, but we saw how effective this was against Manning in the early/mid 2000's and they did it again two weeks ago. They routinely gave Favre fits. Every game against Cutler is embarassingly lopsided. They've smoked Romo and the Cowboys the two times they've seen them. And so far against Luck they're 2-for-2.

He's a phenomenal passer, and there's no quit in him so they'll need to stay on their game even if they get up a few scores. But I'm confident they can force 2+ turnovers and I think that'll be enough for Brady and Co. to win going away.

He does, that's true. But I think the Pats generally do well against QB's of his ilk...the 'gunslingers' who put up big numbers but cough the ball up with relative frequency. I think the Pats defense has always been designed to layer defenders and force QB's into bad decisions. For years the personnel hasn't been there to take advantage of these schemes as much as BB would want, imo, but we saw how effective this was against Manning in the early/mid 2000's and they did it again two weeks ago. They routinely gave Favre fits. Every game against Cutler is embarassingly lopsided. They've smoked Romo and the Cowboys the two times they've seen them. And so far against Luck they're 2-for-2.

He's a phenomenal passer, and there's no quit in him so they'll need to stay on their game even if they get up a few scores. But I'm confident they can force 2+ turnovers and I think that'll be enough for Brady and Co. to win going away.

Luck has turned over the ball 8 times in two games vs. the Pats. So this theory holds a lot of weight.

They also lost to Miami and St. Louis at home last year. Neither of those teams went .500. In fact, St. Louis blew them out 38-8. I don't get your point.

Luck has thrown 7 INTs against the Pats in two games in 2012 and 2013. During that timeframe, he threw 24 INTs against the rest of the league. He struggles against the Pats' defense.
My point is simply that it wont be a blowout as many think. Just my opinion .Hope I am wrong. They played average competition and won which is true. But they have the players to win the game at home . Yes he has played the pats twice and lost .But this is his 3rd year with more experience and playing the pats at home for the first time .Plus bradshaw this year is a big upgrade over richardson.
Yes , just like they got blown out by miami and STL they blew out Denver too. If the pats don't come out and match the energy of the primetime game which has a lot on the line for both teams it will not be easy. Interestingly last few SNF games have been badly onesided in favor of the home team so lets home pats flip it around.

His gunsligner thing helps our defense. His mobility has a potential to hurt us. For some reason our defense plays real passive vs mobile QBs.

My point is simply that it wont be a blowout as many think. Just my opinion .Hope I am wrong. They played average competition and won which is true. But they have the players to win the game at home . Yes he has played the pats twice and lost .But this is his 3rd year with more experience and playing the pats at home for the first time .Plus bradshaw this year is a big upgrade over richardson.
Yes , just like they got blown out by miami and STL they blew out Denver too. If the pats don't come out and match the energy of the primetime game which has a lot on the line for both teams it will not be easy. Interestingly last few SNF games have been badly onesided in favor of the home team so lets home pats flip it around.

We only have opinions at this point. I gave my reasons why I think it could potentially be yet another blowout. I think the Pats are built to beat a team like the Colts.

I'm not expecting a blowout either. Then again, I wasn't expecting a blowout against Denver, so what do I know.

OK this may sound stupid, if so I offer my apology in advance. The Colts are going to put up points a lot of points at home. They are a 3 point favorite because of being at home. So whoever puts up the most points wins, which means Brady must throw and our receivers must catch the ball we have LaFell, Edelman and Gronk. Our running game is an absolute must to allow for the passing game to succeed. So Vereen must be effective. We can beat them as Rapistberger did with Pittsburgh by putting up more points. Keep throwing and scoring. The team that score the most last, wins. This will be a run andgun

Go Pats.

BTW Rob0729 great thread and good post

We only have opinions at this point. I gave my reasons why I think it could potentially be yet another blowout. I think the Pats are built to beat a team like the Colts.

Everyone should think we match up very well with Indy........just like we will match up very well with Detroit and Green Bay and San Diego.

Can anyone watch the Indy/Pittsburgh game and NOT think BB and Co can't put together a superior game plan? All that Indy secondary can do is play man.

BB is the next phase in the Andrew Luck maturation process. He's not there yet.

BB is the next phase in the Andrew Luck maturation process. He's not there yet.

Luck's been beating up on Glass Joe and King Hippo this season. Let's see how he fares against Mike Tyson....watch out for that cross Luck, it's a doozy ;)

After NE beats Indy, it will be declared that they suck and, in fact, sucked all season.

After NE beats Indy, it will be declared that they suck and, in fact, sucked all season.

I assume this is pointed to me and my comments about Denver. I said the Broncos were a top team, but overrated (because people put them on some pedestal above every other team in the NFL).

This actually a test game for the Colts though. They have not done well against better teams in the NFL. They have already lost to the Broncos, Eagles, and Steelers. Their only win against a good team is Baltimore. If the Pats do crush the Colts, you can start to question exactly how good they are. They have mostly beat cream puffs.

I think they are a good team, but it is easy to make the argument that they are not that good if the Pats roll on them. I think even nationally people will start to question whether they are a team that can beat on the bad teams in the NFL but can't compete with the good teams.

The fact of the matter is that there really is no great team in the NFL this year and for the most part every team has some significant question marks.

Luck will make his mistakes...and Brady wont. Will be the key to the pats W

They have already lost to the Broncos, Eagles, and Steelers. Their only win against a good team is Baltimore. If the Pats do crush the Colts, you can start to question exactly how good they are. They have mostly beat cream puffs.

To be fair, they've handily beaten the majority of those cream-puffs. Denver was in Mile High week 1, and they were a 4th down conversion with 1:57 left to possibly tying that game up. The Philly game was a stop or two away from being an OT game. And Pittsburgh could easily have been an anomoly, ala NE vs. KC.

The fact of the matter is that there really is no great team in the NFL this year and for the most part every team has some significant question marks.

I think this nails it...Indy's flawed, just like Denver, Seattle, NE, everyone. If the Pats annihilate the Colts then sure, it might be time to reassess the Colts. Barring that, though, I think they're just as likely as a dozen other teams to gel at the right time and go on a run in January.

If the Pats annihilate the Colts then sure, it might be time to reassess the Colts.

If the Pats annihilate the Colts in Indy, EVERYONE will be reassessing BOTH teams. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes