PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thoughts: My Little Ponies Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bradshaw isn't a great runner...richardson sucks IMO. Load up vs the pass and see if they can run. If they can run..then make a change but they will still most likely pass it 50 times IMO this game as i think the pats jump out early.

Becasue i posted earlier...colts are 14-2 when running or more then 100 yards since 2013 IIRC. If you give them 6-8 yards runs here or there..luck can kill you with PA just like manning. But we shut down Mannings run gave so it made them one dimensional.

Anyone have the breakdown of pass% vs run % this year for the colts?
Bradshaw is having a good year from the looks of it. Usually the big RB have given the Pats issues this year like Moreno and Ivory, so I wouldn't downplay their running game.

colts are 14-2 when running or more then 100 yards since 2013 IIRC

Reverse causation. They run a lot because they are winning.

Indy is 21st in the league at ypc and 25th at rushing DVOA. To date, only 255 of Indy's 652 plays are running plays, meaning they run 39.1% of the time. NE will almost certainly play the pass first.

Bradshaw isn't a great runner...richardson sucks IMO. Load up vs the pass and see if they can run. If they can run..then make a change but they will still most likely pass it 50 times IMO this game as i think the pats jump out early.

Becasue i posted earlier...colts are 14-2 when running or more then 100 yards since 2013 IIRC. If you give them 6-8 yards runs here or there..luck can kill you with PA just like manning. But we shut down Mannings run gave so it made them one dimensional.

Anyone have the breakdown of pass% vs run % this year for the colts?
Basically, the Patriots should shut down the run and the pass? :p

Bradshaw is having a good year from the looks of it. Usually the big RB have given the Pats issues this year like Moreno and Ivory, so I wouldn't downplay their running game.

He is that shifty guy...not a bruiser like a ridley...but had those quick bursts

After NE beats Indy, it will be declared that they suck and, in fact, sucked all season.
Right, they'll join the ranks of the Proverbial Tomato Cans, amirite Dan?

Rob, it was not directed at you at all, and that's the truth. Rather, it was intended as an editorial comment on the very predictable reaction one can expect from idiots such as Tanguay, Felger, his #1 parrot Mazz and Shank Shaughnessy. Finally, it doesn't matter if it's the '14 Colts, '85 Bears or any other team; once any team loses to the Pats, that team automatically sucks. Sorry to disappoint you, but, honestly, I rarely, if ever spend much time absorbing your viewpoints. Typically when I do, I agree with your perspectives, but not always.
Tanguay has spent the week screaming about how "Luck haz no weaponz, it's a one man team!". I swear to god, if someone made me put money on it, I'd swear he hasn't watched a single game all year.

Tanguay has spent the week screaming about how "Luck haz no weaponz, it's a one man team!". I swear to god, if someone made me put money on it, I'd swear he hasn't watched a single game all year.

Just setting up his agenda for the post-game show

Pats win it's because Luck has no weapons and no defense. Colts win douchebag gets to go back on his soapbox that he had been on all season up until the Pats beat the Broncos about how this team isn't really good and they are not at all a SB contender.

There are two types of media guys in Boston
-The few that are unbiased mostly the Pats beat writers, Gresh, Dale and Holley, a few others
-The several that genuinely hate the Pats or are Red Sox and/or Celtics guys that are butt hurt that the Pats have become Boston's #1 team.

-The several that genuinely hate the Pats or are Red Sox and/or Celtics guys that are butt hurt that the Pats have become Boston's #1 team.

Maybe a couple hate the Patriots, but the vast majority are just too damn lazy to engage in intellectual discussion. So they take the easy way out by pounding hot buttons and staying negative. Regrettably, that strategy appears to work well. :(

Miami and NY have solid running attacks, Indy does not. It is also likely that there is nothing about NE's performances against Miami and NY that is predictive regarding Indy.

Tanguay is the Deus of broadcasting. He makes a definitive assessment at a particular point in time and refuses to change that opinion. If the Pats win the next four games by 21 point each game, he will still say the real Pats are the ones we saw vs. the Jets and they are not that good of a team.

Gronk is going to have another big game if the Colts once again use the old "ignore him and hope he goes away" scheme.

Tanguay spends his life screaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore