Practice Tidbits- Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again I ask, "who is taking these shots of a so called 'closed practice'?"

Hmmmm....

eric-mangini-49ers.png

"Well, I don't know why you're looking at ME..."

Last edited:
Is it normal procedure to allow the media to watch the QB's throwing?
You know, so happy to see it I didn't think about it, but you got a point. Hmmm. Maybe it's a trick...JG throws a couple of passes, smiles for the camera, then goes off and screams in pain.

Kidding aside, it does seem a little less secretive than normal.

Well I tell you what, if someone sends these to Rex, he's going to be preparing for JG this week.

Again I ask, "who is taking these shots of a so called 'closed practice'?"

The media is allowed to shoot footage on the field as long as it is during their portion. If you watch Patriots.com programming, practice is literally happening in the background as they record the segment. That is during the media portion of practice. Afterwards the installation of plays and such occurs.

Meniscal tear is treated only surgically, so the suggestion is he got scoped (like Kimbrel).

Possibly but according to this guy, if the tear is small enough it'll repair itself on its own with rest and treatment.

How Are Mild Tears Treated?
Some patients are fortunate to experience only a minor tear to their meniscus. Typically, such a minor tear would be small and located toward the periphery or outside edge of the meniscus. For these cases, the best option may be monitored non-intervention. Such an approach involves a period of resting to allow the tear to heal as well as it can on its own. In this case, the tear will continue to be monitored over time, to ensure that further symptoms of pain and instability do not develop.

FAQs About Torn Meniscus Treatment Options - Rothman Institute Orthopaedics

Anything is possible, but this type of minor tear seems inconsistent with his knee brace and time missed. Could have had >1 injury (mcl).

Yea maybe he hurt both.?

Yea maybe he hurt both.?
I plead insufficient data. Only speculating that the meniscus report, amount of time missed, and the brace, he could have been scoped. Just a wild guess of course. Either way, it is great news that he seems to be getting closer to play, but we should see how he looks when he gets on the field. I think the same for Nink as well. These guys play through injuries that would have most folks laid up for weeks.

Trey Flowers (shoulder) was removed

Anyone else totally freak out reading this before they got to the prepositional phrase?

from the injury report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes