PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Practice Tidbits- Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the new NFL injury reporting rules, it was bad enough before, now it is even more difficult to figure out if somebody is going to play.

I hate the new NFL injury reporting rules, it was bad enough before, now it is even more difficult to figure out if somebody is going to play.

What were the injury reports like before the change? When did this change happen?

That has got to be the dumbest tweet ever. All they gonna do is put them both on limited participation. What exactly are we going to learn tomorrow about them from the injury report?:rolleyes:

They could be full participants. :p

What were the injury reports like before the change? When did this change happen?

Per the official NFL Operations notice:

In 2016, the designation of “Probable (virtual certainty player will be available for normal duty)” has been eliminated from the Game Status Report. If a player is certain to play — even if he had been listed on the club’s Practice Report during the week — he should no longer be listed in the Game Status Report.

The Game Status Report’s player availability categories are defined as:

• Out – Will not play
  • Doubtful – Unlikely to play
  • Questionable – Uncertain if player will play

IOW the midweek options now amount to just "unlikely" and "uncertain"...which tends to be "unclear" and "unhelpful."

Per the official NFL Operations notice:

IOW the midweek options now amount to just "unlikely" and "uncertain"...which tends to be "unclear" and "unhelpful."

I think the change was just the league's way of finally acknowledging that the way Belichick's been doing it all these years is the only rational way to do it if you don't want to show your cards. There was basically no reason to list someone as probable anyway. If there was any legitimate doubt as to a guy's availability for Sunday, a smart coach will always list him as questionable or doubtful.

BB: It's unlikely that JG will be uncertain...however it's also uncertain if JB will be unlikely.....

BB: Hope that was unhelpful.....

And that matters only to the coaches, players......and fantasy football players. ;)

Fonzie is sooo long ago....all I can remember is this pic of him.....

is

Little by little, he's getting to 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back