PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Potential malcontents thread

Sadly but understandably, Fans, press, and now players are just fed up with the guy. We all believed for a time that Bill's sneering ******** at press conferences, his impulsive and contrarian decision making, his arrogance and narcissism and so forth were essential elements somehow in the winning formula that was the "Belichick Way." Now that his team is not only no longer winning but is historically lousy in any number of ways, fans, press, and players are no longer buying that line of thought. All the random snorting, all the dismissive and arrogant horseshit just look now like the embarrassing regurgitation of annoying shtick, day after day, press conference after press conference, game after game, loss after loss, by an angry man past his prime.

It's over. It's sad. It happens.

I have to salute the defense for not quitting or complaining. They haven’t been great but really they’ve kept us in every contest but dallas, no , and the 2nd fins game.

Id even argue the saints game wasn’t their doing, they made a couple stops early until the pick 6 opened the floodgates

Those who are content with the horseshit we've seen over the past couple of years are the ones who have some explaining to do. Is the criterion for being a "true fan" blindness to reality? Apparently.
You can be a true fan and root for the team and not be content, that's how I got through most of the 80s and 90s, always rooted for them but for a couple years it wasn't always fun to watch them.

Those who are content with the horseshit we've seen over the past couple of years are the ones who have some explaining to do. Is the criterion for being a "true fan" blindness to reality? Apparently.
IBBTT = In BB they trust. :rolleyes:

"True fan", that always strikes me as a silly term. Who cares how other people enjoy the team? I never understood why people get all uppity about their status as a "true fan". Calling other fans "bandwagon fans" is equally as silly. I enjoy the team that I choose to enjoy it and other people choose their way. I will always support and look for the positive of all players on the active roster, practice squad, IR, etc. Likewise with the coaching staff and ownership. I just don't any pleasure out of dumping on individual players and coaches. Sure, I was definitely thinking Mac needed to be pulled yesterday, but I still hope he can figure it out at some point (or at least as long as he is a Patriot). I understand that all fans enjoy their team in different ways, and I would never imply that my way of rooting for the Patriots is the proper way, it just seems silly to me.

Is this the most unlikable team in the BB era? Maybe 2009?
This team is significantly more unlikable. The QB is a doofus, the receivers are overpaid, underperforming divas, and the dumb t-shirts and arrogance from the coaching staff as a whole make this team significantly worse from a likability standpoint.

You can be a true fan and root for the team and not be content, that's how I got through most of the 80s and 90s, always rooted for them but for a couple years it wasn't always fun to watch them.
Same here. I've been following the Pats since they were the Boston Patriots. For the majority of that time, to my recollection, they really haven't often been in contention for the league championship. I still enjoyed following them, though, and rooting for them. After all, by season's end the fans of 31 out of 32 teams find that they have been rooting for a "losing team." So what? There a re still individual players to root for, rivalries to follow, players to be drafted with the hopes that attend such acquisitions, the pleasures of winning as an underdog, playing the spoiler, following the (hoped for) rebuild, on and on. In some respects it's easier to root for a team likely to lose. During the dynasty, my expectation of wins was so secure that I tended to more pissed by a loss than happy about a win. Wins were just sort of expected: nothing special. Wins are more special when you are rooting for a team expected to lose.

There's a lot of talk here to the effect that if you don't extol the team whether it's deserving of praise or not, you are "not a real fan."

Nonsense.

Is this the most unlikable team in the BB era? Maybe 2009?
I don't find the team to be unlikable. they just are not as talented as some of the past teams. Any team wearing the Patriots uniforms is a team I will "like".

Maybe a stretch to call him a malcontent but damn if this doesn't sound passive aggressive lol.

I don’t hear anything passive-aggressive in that. He’s not taking shots at the O, he’s stating an attitude and example of excellence.

This team is significantly more unlikable. The QB is a doofus, the receivers are overpaid, underperforming divas, and the dumb t-shirts and arrogance from the coaching staff as a whole make this team significantly worse from a likability standpoint.
Disagree.

not the whole team.

We should love the defense.

Offense, well they are offensive. Definitely unlikeable on that side of the ball.

Disagree.

not the whole team.

We should love the defense.

Offense, well they are offensive. Definitely unlikeable on that side of the ball.
I don't have an issue with anyone on defense. Even guys like Myles Bryant and Jahlani Tavai who have traditionally been whipping boys have played well in their roles given the circumstances.

Gillette Stadium will be Malcontents Day if Mike McCorkle steps on the field.

The only happy Pats fans now are the Tankheads.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back