PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post-Indy injury thread: State of the Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO, he is finished as a patriot.

We have everyone coming back in 2016. I can't see paying significant money for Mayo, and I can't see him playing for peanuts.

2016 LB's
Collins, Hightower, Freeney, Bostic

We have everyone coming back in 2016. I can't see paying significant money for Mayo, and I can't see him playing for peanuts.

2016 LB's

Agreed, but let's let the old guy go out this year as a full member of the team and take another crack at another ring before marching him off!

Idk about finished, but his knee injury is a tough one. Iirc Cruz from Giants had same injury around same time as Mayo and isn't even back yet. Fact mayo is playing since week 1 is a miracle.

maybe we can fool the saints and trade mayo for a decent pick..maybe a lewis.
wishful thinking.

love mayo, but this is his last year with the pats

Unfortunately, Hill reports Slater's injury as "serious". No details, but I would guess knee ligaments. Since he injured it and returned to play I assume not ACL (would mean season-ending IR) but perhaps MCL that worsened (will miss several games). Just speculating here and hoping for the best.

It'll be good to get LaFell back this week. The WRs haven't quite made Dallas and Indy pay for devoting so much attention to Gronk. Relatively speaking, of course, considering that the Pats scored 32 ppg and left a few other opportunities on the table.
This is the 1st week LaFell can practice.. You're assuming that he'll be ready to go by Sunday..

Unfortunately, Hill reports Slater's injury as "serious". No details, but I would guess knee ligaments. Since he injured it and returned to play I assume not ACL (would mean season-ending IR) but perhaps MCL that worsened (will miss several games). Just speculating here and hoping for the best.

That sucks:(

....jerod mayo..safe to say that he's finished?? freeny plays ahead of him now and he's not any good
Mayo has never been a great guy in coverage.. When you have Collins out there and Freeny, who is better than Mayo in coverage, you put Freeny out there.

2016 LB's
My thinking is we should see where Mayo is at the end of the season. He has not played much football over the past few years so they're bringing him along slow. If you recall the first 4-5 games of last season people wondered if Gronkowski would ever be the same after he returned from 2 seasons of missing significant time due to injury.

Current Patriots injury report:

british_wounded_bernafay_wood_19_july_1916.jpg

o_O

2016 LB's
Bostic is in the last year of his rookie deal, so he'll only be back next season if he gets a new contract. Wouldn't surprise me either way.

I agree that Mayo's done as a Patriot, though. Even if he had made it back to 100%, he was going to be the odd man out once it was time to pay Hightower and Collins.

I'll take MCL damage - anything that has him back in 6 weeks or so is good news, as far as I'm concerned.

Bostic is in the last year of his rookie deal, so he'll only be back next season if he gets a new contract. Wouldn't surprise me either way.

I agree that Mayo's done as a Patriot, though. Even if he had made it back to 100%, he was going to be the odd man out once it was time to pay Hightower and Collins.

"Jon Bostic Linebacker 5/9/2013: Signed a four-year, $3.941 million contract. The deal included a $1,246,036 signing bonus. 2015: $663,254 (+ $100,000 workout bonus), 2016: $842,381 (+ $100,000 workout bonus), 2017: Free Agent"

New England Patriots - NFL Team Contracts - Rotoworld.com

"The Patriots inherit Bostic's contract, which runs through 2016."

Jon Bostic traded from Chicago Bears to New England Patriots

"It's important to note that Bostic's contract runs through 2016. If Jerod Mayo doesn't return after this season, Bostic would assume the role as the team's 3rd linebacker and could play well enough to earn a quality contract in free agency that would allow the Patriots to pick up a compensatory pick."

Why Would the Patriots Trade a 6th Round Pick for Jon Bostic if They Have Jerod Mayo?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents