PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread - Pats vs Jags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this was posted/covered in the game day thread but there was a weird anomaly I noticed in the 4th quarter with about 7 minutes left on our last scoring drive; Burkhead ran the ball out of bounds and was touched before he got out.

To my understanding, if a player has possession of the ball and goes out of bounds, the clock stops. However, it ran between this play and the next and wasted about a half minute off the clock. Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Also our defense had very little chance to make an impact in the pass rush after Flowers went down, and even less chance to stop the Jags once Chung was out. Two huge injuries, I hope they and Deatrich Wise aren't hurt too badly. Bad loss that felt winnable even toward the end for me, but we're on to Detroit.

As I’ve said many times, the offense runs through Edelman. Need him back ASAP.

Brady sucked. The OL sucked. Hogan and Gronk were MIA.

The defense was bad but at least produced 2 turnovers. If you can't win against Jacksonville when you are up two turnovers then you don't deserve to win.

Hope there is enough tape to learn and move on.

Keion Crossen JC Jackson should be out there
They are better in coverage than Rowe lets roll with the pups.
Trade Hughtower to free up cap.
He is invisible.
Maybe banged up?
Give Highs money to Flowers.
Send Malcolm Brown anywhere.
Mccourty needs to transition to coach
And Jason well the team can always use more water boys.
Brandon King
Laadrian Waddle
Adrian Clayborn shouldnt be allowed on the plane.

Defense looked abysmal and disinterested, especially early on.

Offense couldn't get anything going.

Cheffers is one of my least favorite refs, though it's becoming hard to pick a moat despised. Ignoring pick plays and ruling us short on such a corrupt call not seen since the Faulk "bauble" in Indy. Pats didn't deserve to win today, but if bot for the calls and the missed Ghost kick, they do. We're on to (those poor b*******) in Detroit.

Bortes outplayed Brady. The Jags D outplayed the Pats D.

They deserved the win.
You can keep spouting this low IQ take all you want, but it speaks volumes that you can't back it up after I've refuted its stupidity twice.

Jags are legit and will be for a while. That D is scarily good. We just didn’t perform as we should today. Poor mistakes and critical times. We’re onto Detriot

Not too worked up about it, kinda expected this one to be a loss before the season anyway. I just don't want to see us continually get beat by pick plays over and over and over and over again with no adjustment all. Offense will look much different in January than it does now too.

Jaguars OL was dominant today. Pats were outplayed all game long and officials weren't a big factor. No (long term) injuries. Good as it gets for a loss, I guess

I'm afraid to look outside in case the sky is falling

Blown out in fantasy

shot one of my worst rounds of the year this morning

Pats lose

poop day

It was just an all around failure. We were dominated at the los at both ends. Receivers were covered up. The defense was really bad, like last season bad. When they finally did make a play we couldn't take advantage with great field position. Thanks, Patterson.

Bad coaching. The offense wasn't any good today but they will be fine. It was a tough defense they were up against today. The main concern is on defense.

I did not see a single guy who played that entire game who looked good on defense. JJones made one or two plays but everyone else was mediocre or SUCKED (hello Eric Rowe).

James White was the only player who had a good day.

Also we are still going to be in the AFCCG several months from now.

Has there been a season in which the Pats didn't play at least one cr*p game?

Even in 2007 they did; it's just that the Ratbirds gave away the game (thanks Rex!)

Whelp. Here we go. Clearly a lot of us are suffering from ****ty soft Pats D disorder. The shadow of last year haunts many of us. BUT, we had a chance at the back end of the game to come close, against a team that is treating this like it was their Super Bowl. We don’t have our starting RT, our best receiver, our starting Safety got knocked out, and we also lost our best DE. So, all in all....not too bad. I’d be a **** head if I said this is an indicator of the year to come. It’s not. We’ll get some guys back. Important guys. We’ll continue to gel, and we will start smacking some people around. The coaches will identify some issues, and figure out a way to coach around the clear lack of talent someone has given them at particular positions this year. You want to see a win, and we didn’t get it. That hurts. BUT, I did say we would lose our first 2, so i cant be mad.

I saw this L coming.

Instead, we’re 1-1.

Not too shabby.

I agree. This was an extreme weather game. To me, I consider the 105 heat index extreme because with pads on it would be horrendous

As I’ve said many times, the offense runs through Edelman. Need him back ASAP.

That’s counting a lot on a guy coming back from acl. This team doesn’t have explosiveness. Struggled on 3rd down offensively.

They all Sucked today. PERIOD.:mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes