PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thoughts from a new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

PScottman

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Sweet sixteen indeed.

Once again, you can't run from your past or who you really are. Payton Manning has been able to fix one small aspect of his early career games against the Patriots in Foxboro, in that he won't fold completely (a couple scores mid-game), but he still folds.

He additionally still sticks with plays that work early way too much, so that small schematic changes result in big defensive plays (the Nink pick and the Browner pick both on repeated plays).

Brady's small adjustment this season in rolling out and adding accuracy on the move has extended several drives this year, usually at crucial moments.

Branch signing/play wasn't mentioned much in the game thread, but was very big in eating up blockers early to let the linebackers and Chung shut down the Bronco's running game. With Siliga coming back, am cautiously optimistic about the teams' run defense moving forward now.

Both linebacker signings paid off - Ayers both rushing and deep, quick zone drops as well as the special teams play of Casillas was noticed. If Ebner is able to come back how good can this special teams unit be (especially in coverage)????

On the "weapons" front, two weeks of Edelman in witness protection must've lulled the Denver defense to sleep on him. Add in Gronk in BROBDINGNAGIAN mode, a couple very key Amendola and Lafell catches and the weapons argument was also a landslide.

Who wants to lay odds on Denver's newest kicker getting cut tomorrow?

At the end of the day a Jack Del Rio defense is...still a Jack Del Rio defense. We've been carving them up since Mark Brunell was backing up Steve Buerlein.

No major injuries (that we know of...since none of us actually saw Jones go down). Speaking of which: Jones, Hightower, Easley, Collins, Ayers...I know that schematically BB teams
don't blitz a lot and mix it up, but rushing just four and getting a solid rotation with guys that can get to the QB is a nice change from 768,983 straight rushing the QB snaps from Jones and Nink.

Cant have an off game this year...once again in the driver's seat...and having had to run and play tournaments in Denver and Salt Lake myself and knowing the pain of the first week of acclimation...NO HOME FIELD for the Donks this year please!

Satisfied...satiated...smiling...$*&^eating grin...the S words are just flowing right now and it feels GREAT!

Nice first thread.

Sweet sixteen indeed.

Once again, you can't run from your past or who you really are. Payton Manning has been able to fix one small aspect of his early career games against the Patriots in Foxboro, in that he won't fold completely (a couple scores mid-game), but he still folds.
!

This is why getting the one seed is crucial, huge difference between going to mile high or Peyton coming here. Unfortunately we've just began the gauntlet and have four more hard ones {unless SD has truly taken a turn for the worse]. And I'm not sure how many tough games DEN has left.

Good summary - keep posting!

On the "weapons" front, two weeks of Edelman in witness protection must've lulled the Denver defense to sleep on him. Add in Gronk in BROBDINGNAGIAN mode, a couple very key Amendola and Lafell catches and the weapons argument was also a landslide.

Are you by any chance related to Off the Grid?

WELCOME TO PATSFANS

Looking fwd to your posts

Are you by any chance related to Off the Grid?
No relation, unless its like Uncle's Brother's Cousin's Sister's roommate (passing out at 32 Flavors last night) related. I recalled that word from Tolkein, I think...

No relation, unless its like Uncle's Brother's Cousin's Sister's roommate (passing out at 32 Flavors last night) related. I recalled that word from Tolkein, I think...

Jonathan Swift - Gulliver's Travels.

Jonathan Swift - Gulliver's Travels.
AH HA! Always surround yourself with smart people I say. Knew it was a book from childhood but obviously picked the wrong one...

The word fits though. Gronk is an otherworldly massive talent. I had to apologize profusely to the wife and son as I literally YELLED 'Holy &^%$!' at the top of my lungs when he caught that goal line ball, with his 'robo-braced' less- mobile arm, falling backwards between three guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe