Votes: 10 9.6%
  • Don't sign either of them

Votes: 60 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This team could use some attitude

Not that kind though. No team really benefits from that kind of attitude, as Miami is finally realizing.

Im not sure why anyone is saying 'not Taylor, he's over the hill'. Are we now expecting to draft a rookie, and that player will be starting at OLB? Name two rookie LBs that have started for BB. Mayo, and ???. And no im not talking about someone starting due to an injury. Bottom line, we all want to see BB draft some stud LBs, but we have to have some vets at the position as well. So Taylor on a one year deal would be better than signing Peppers on a HUGE multiyear deal.

As for Porter, he can GFH :mad:

I voted Taylor, I think he could help with some pass rush, that said, I'm not getting my hopes up after the rumours of him coming to NE last year...

I'm particularly struck by the huge percentage of you in favor of signing neither. People have been railing about improving the pass rush, yet the largest voting block wants to pass on Taylor, who had 7 sacks in 14 games AND Porter, who had 9 sacks in 12 games.

Very interesting......

Taylor's total number of sacks is more or less a joke. He got a huge chunk of his sacks against the Bills. I watched just as many Dolphins games as I did Pats games (being that I'm in SOFLA) and Taylor was, more often than not, taken completely out of the play by one blocker. IMO, he had a lot more success the times that he put his hand in the ground. The fact that he was losing playing time to Cameron Wake by the end of the season should tell you a little more.

Taylor's total number of sacks is more or less a joke. He got a huge chunk of his sacks against the Bills. I watched just as many Dolphins games as I did Pats games (being that I'm in SOFLA) and Taylor was, more often than not, taken completely out of the play by one blocker. IMO, he had a lot more success the times that he put his hand in the ground. The fact that he was losing playing time to Cameron Wake by the end of the season should tell you a little more.

Just an FYI:

TBC got fully half of his sacks (5 of 10) against Buffalo.

IMO, Tully will bring more to the table than either of these guys.

yes i do like tully and when he developes more he will be better than both of those guys down the road . . .

If Porter hadn't specifically mouthed off against the Patriots I would honestly want him on this team. He seems a lot like the Rodney Harrison type, which is something I think the Patriots are lacking. They really don't have much of an emotional leader outside of Brady.

Porter is more emotionally deranged like a hormonal adolescent than he is an emotional leader, like Harrison. I don't want him.
As for Taylor, I had more interest in him last year. If he was going to come to the Pats, last year was his year. He didn't, so I don't think we should bother hoping this year.
Neither is my answer.

Just an FYI:

TBC got fully half of his sacks (5 of 10) against Buffalo.

Oh I know. My opinion on TBC is only different because of the fact that he's already on the team. He was good for us this year, but I wouldn't be kept awake at night if he were to leave the team.

yes i do like tully and when he developes more he will be better than both of those guys down the road . . .

Point is, I didn't see much of Taylor and Porter that Tully couldn't do. The only thing Taylor and Porter can provide that Tully can't is leadership. So the question is, do we want Porter or Taylor as leaders of this team?

I'd bring in Taylor, not as a full time starter though. He is the type of leader this team needs. He can still be very effective as a situational player.

Just another FYI:

TBC will be 30 years old when the season starts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case