• Sign Both

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • Don't sign either of them

Votes: 60 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely Taylor. Porter is an obnoxious trashtalker.

porter said he will never play for the pats. and i don't think the pats want him taylor has noting left to offer. i would take burgess over both of them

Last edited:
Is this even a question, neither without a doubt.
Why wouldn't you want to sign Taylor and see how he plays out? It seems like a particularly low risk move to me, if it doesn't pan out cut him..there should be plenty of space once the rosters expand or have they already?

Last edited:
4 people I never want to see in a Pats uni..
Mike Vick
Terrell Owens
Ray Lewis
and Joey Porter...

With that, Taylor for one year ok, but the days of stop gap vets needs to stop, build some for the future...

Last edited:
Sign both. You can never have enough washed up, over the hill types on the roster.

Mike Vick
Terrell Owens
Ray Lewis
and Joey Porter...

With that, Taylor for one year ok, but the days of stop gap vets needs to stop, build some for the future...
Ray Lewis? Lol just saying that at least two of those guys are Hall of Famers. I would love to See Ray Lewis here for a season or two. Its not happening but talk about leadership.
This team could use some attitude
Exactly, Rodney Harrison had attitude as well. Everybody was praising Rodney for his blunt commentary on NBC but Lord knows that if Porter was on it, we would all be boycotting NBC.

Last edited:
Mike Vick
Terrell Owens
Ray Lewis
and Joey Porter...

Ew just reading that list makes me cringe.

Fascinating results so far. I hope everyone will participate in the poll so that we can get a clear picture from a large sample group.

Mike Vick
Terrell Owens
Ray Lewis
and Joey Porter...

i would take T.O and rey lewis is the greatest LB of all time

neither.....but if I wanted the better football player, I would take porter

You should replace those names with Peppers and Will Smith.

Taylor had his chance to sign here and he didn't... Porter is a douche bag, a loud mouth that I don't want any part of his attitude and disappearing act in games if I'm Belichick.

Don't sign those beasts.

Can Porter even speak English? I didn't understand a word of what was written in post 5. Something about liking dogs?

I'm particularly struck by the huge percentage of you in favor of signing neither. People have been railing about improving the pass rush, yet the largest voting block wants to pass on Taylor, who had 7 sacks in 14 games AND Porter, who had 9 sacks in 12 games.

Very interesting......

IMO, Tully will bring more to the table than either of these guys.

I'm particularly struck by the huge percentage of you in favor of signing neither. People have been railing about improving the pass rush, yet the largest voting block wants to pass on Taylor, who had 7 sacks in 14 games AND Porter, who had 9 sacks in 12 games.

Very interesting......

my point is that taylor is simply not an OLB....not at his age anyway......who can cover anyone......to have him in there will be to play a 4-3 regardless of whether he has his hand on the ground or not

I would take porter before I would take taylor......as big of a jerk as he is, I think he is close to giving the pats what they need.

I just think its time for the pats to actually develop the guys that they need for the long haul.......with who the pats have now, neither is going to put the pats over the top

Went with porter as much as I hate the guy and he hates us. but the man plays with fire and that is something that this defense has been missing for a couple years now. I think mayo will continue to improve but he doesnt exactly seem to have the mean streak we need. The young safeties we've been rotating have shown flashes of violence, but we need that intimidating figure in LB crew. Is Porter a good fit in NE? Hell no. Is he too old? Probably. But he is the type of guy that consistently makes a play or two a game that can swing momentum or simply get the defense/crowd fired up (or silenced on the road...). I'd say so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back