PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Porter inactive for game tonight, trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
FSNE guys saying Porter inactive for the game vs SD. They asked would you give the #1 for him? No way. It also looks like the spin about Gabriel not really being their #2 was just that, spin.
Link:
http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/?p=141

Last edited:
Jerry Porter Listed as Inactive - Shall we take two from Raider Nation?

I know this may sound ludicrous...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2583813

...but Jerry Porter has very similar stats to Deion Branch (2 yards shy of ever reaching 1000 yds in a season) and he's in the 2nd year of a 5 year, 20 million dollar contract....

...what the hell, let's take two Raiders from ol Shell....

If you were SP, would you make the phone call?

Re: Jerry Porter Listed as Inactive - Shall we take two from Raider Nation?

I'd be thinking like hell about it if I was Pioli. I'm sure he/BB can't ignore our passing stats from yesterday. But then again, maybe there's something else they have in mind (ie being satisfied with Jackson/Gabriel).

spidey2559 said:

...but Jerry Porter has very similar stats to Deion Branch (2 yards shy of ever reaching 1000 yds in a season) and he's in the 2nd year of a 5 year, 20 million dollar contract....

For a third, maybe. For more than that, probably not. . . . And who would get cut to make room? I'd hate to drop Childress back to the PS again.

spidey2559 said:

I hope you aren't thinking of giving up our new first round pick for him. Javon Walker went for a second. Not sure what the Eagles gave for Stallworth, but it wasn't a first rounder. Why would we pay a first for Porter?

He's in the second year of a contract, so if this is a new contract situation, it sounds like another TO (new contract in the second year).

But if it's more of a Dillon in Cincy situation and he's disgruntled because his team stinks, maybe it could work for us.

I would try and get him but not for a 1st. Personally i wouldnt have any problem in putting Bam back on PS.

I know this conversation is about Porter but is anyone watching Moss.. He is disgusted with the play of his QB and probably realizes its going to be a long year.. I dont' want Porter, complainer that has never lived up to his talent.. I rather make a move for MOSS.. I might be wrong but didn't he restructure his deal so he could be a free agent soon..
Imagine him with Brady..

mcsully said:
I know this conversation is about Porter but is anyone watching Moss.. He is disgusted with the play of his QB and probably realizes its going to be a long year.. I dont' want Porter, complainer that has never lived up to his talent.. I rather make a move for MOSS.. I might be wrong but didn't he restructure his deal so he could be a free agent soon..
Imagine him with Brady..

I would take him on my team in a heart beat.

mcsully said:
Imagine him with Brady..

LOL I was thinking the same thing watching this Raiders/Chargers game. It'd probably take a 1st and a 2nd to get Moss, assuming the Raiders would even consider parting ways with him (which I highly doubt). It would be nice though :)

I brought this up last week about maybe going for Moss in the offseason, and i was basically called an idiot. Some fans here think the only guys who can be good patriots are virgins who never took a sip of booze in their life.Yet fail to realize Corey Dillon's rap sheet is about 20 pages.

hahahha.. Its just a thought but man since we lost our #1 receiver and we are loaded with draft picks next year and have the cap space, I thought I would just mention it.. Hmm.. Maybe when I play madden tomorrow I'll see how it is :)

The deal we SHOULD have made was for Stallworth. Young guy. Still plenty of upside. It showed Sunday. The Eagles hit the jackpot with that one IMO. And for what a 3rd or 4th rounder?

SoonerPatriot said:
The deal we SHOULD have made was for Stallworth. Young guy. Still plenty of upside. It showed Sunday. The Eagles hit the jackpot with that one IMO. And for what a 3rd or 4th rounder?

4th and he'll pull a hamstring :)
But yea I agree..

SoonerPatriot said:

I think by going after stallworth it would of hurt them with the greivance by giving up a 3rd for him, when the Pats were asking for a 1st for Branch. i did hear they were interested in Stallworth.

ctpatsfan77 said:
For a third, maybe. For more than that, probably not. . . . And who would get cut to make room? I'd hate to drop Childress back to the PS again.

Yeah, what a terrible situation that would be. Getting a solid NFL receiver and having to stick a guy who has never done anything on the PS. Childress was a major force against the Bills. We can't lose that kind of production and expect to win anything.

R_T26 said:
I brought this up last week about maybe going for Moss in the offseason, and i was basically called an idiot. Some fans here think the only guys who can be good patriots are virgins who never took a sip of booze in their life.Yet fail to realize Corey Dillon's rap sheet is about 20 pages.

I agree with you but Moss is crying that Art Shell is too hard on the players. I'm just not sure he has the mental toughness to co-exist with Belichick.

I'm Ron Borges? said:
I agree with you but Moss is crying that Art Shell is too hard on the players. I'm just not sure he has the mental toughness to co-exist with Belichick.

Art Shell has done absolutely nothing in the NFL as a HC. BB has cred all over him. I think if Moss came here, he would respect BB a hell of alot more, also having to know that he would be practicing against Rodney probably wouldnt hurt in keeping his mouth shut neither;) Do the Raiders get rid of him though?? No way.

i wouldn't see rodney putting up with moss for too long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes