PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poor Indianapolis can never catch a break

Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonia3333

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Talk about heartbreak city in Colts land. They field their best team in the history of the franchise the same year the Pats had arguably the best team of all time. And this year, when the Pats look like a 9-7 team without Brady, Indy can't take advantage and sail through the AFC and continue where they left off in 2007. Now this year, Brady goes down, and everyone's thinking it's Indy's turn to dominate. All the stars are aligning for a nice relaxing year for the Colts, right? Poor Colts can never catch a break. Polian must be on suicide watch right now. I love it!

Here are some of Polian's quotes to a devastating loss to JAX

"What was your view of the late pass interference call on Freddy Keiaho?'' Polian was asked in the locker room.

"I can't comment on that, according to the league rules,'' he said, still shaking in anger. "I'll let the league know how I feel.''

Last edited:
Talk about heartbreak city in Colts land. They field their best team in the history of the franchise the same year the Pats had arguably the best team of all time. And this year, when the Pats look like a 9-7 team without Brady, Indy can't take advantage and sail through the AFC and continue where they left off in 2007. Now this year, Brady goes down, and everyone's thinking it's Indy's turn to dominate. All the stars are aligning for a nice relaxing year for the Colts, right? Poor Colts can never catch a break. Polian must be on suicide watch right now. I love it!

"What was your view of the late pass interference call on Freddy Keiaho?'' Polian was asked in the locker room.

"I can't comment on that, according to the league rules,'' he said, still shaking in anger. "I'll let the league know how I feel.''

F**king Polian. Can he lose a game without wanting a rule change?

To be honest, I thought the call was iffy - and I think it was a makeup call for the previous play. They never showed a replay on CBS, but the Jags coaching staff seemed pretty adamant there was PI on the previous play. Probably was blatant and they missed it - and went for a makeup call on 4th down.

well..iam more pissed about our situation than feeling happy for the colts. and lets face it- they have the QB to fix themselves. we have an unknown yet. yes their defense sucks but it sucked in the SB yr also and down the stretch it became adequate.

The Colts commit PI? I didn't think that was possible, I thought they could only throw flags for PI against Colt's opponents in Indy?

I have no sympathy for them... in fact I laugh at every loss. If we suffer I hope they do also.

The defender ran right into the receiver. It was a penalty. He had a chance to catch the ball if the defender didn't impede him while not playing the ball at all. Polian is a baby.

Does anyone know who was the head ref for that game?? I'll be curious to see if they do any more Colts games this year.......

F**king Polian. Can he lose a game without wanting a rule change?

To be honest, I thought the call was iffy - and I think it was a makeup call for the previous play. They never showed a replay on CBS, but the Jags coaching staff seemed pretty adamant there was PI on the previous play. Probably was blatant and they missed it - and went for a makeup call on 4th down.

Seriously. And my bet is that he never opens that roof again either:rolleyes:

Does anyone know who was the head ref for that game?? I'll be curious to see if they do any more Colts games this year.......

Even if that ref doesn't do another Colts game that's probably not significant of anything. There are 16 ref crews and 16 games, so, while there is some, there's not that much overlap.

Polian is the one guy in football -- for no reason other than being who he is -- that I'd like to punch in the face. Picturing his red, sweaty, wrinkled face all pissed off doesn't make me happy. It makes me want to punch. :)

Last week against the Vikings, the Colts db malled a receiver late in the game to end the drive and a subsequent win for the Colts. What comes around goes around.

We almost beat that Colts team, and we had the worst receivers in the league.

Reche Caldwell was supposed to be Bradys main target?? lol

If Deion Branch hadn't held out and got traded, we would've won that game.

Pitts and Denver were going through down years. Chargers had Rivers in his first postseason. Jags werent as good back then.

They played the overachieving Bears in the SuperBowl. That was one of the weakest play offs in recenty memory.

Face it. Other teams around the league have gotten better and the Colts havent.

The Colts commit PI? I didn't think that was possible, I thought they could only throw flags for PI against Colt's opponents in Indy?

Polian's check to the league office bounced, so they showed him what can happen when he misses a payment. :D

Even if that ref doesn't do another Colts game that's probably not significant of anything. There are 16 ref crews and 16 games, so, while there is some, there's not that much overlap.

And, moreover, IIRC, no ref is allowed to do more than two games for any one team in the regular season (except maybe in emergency situations).

If Deion Branch hadn't held out and got traded, we would've won that game.

Maybe so. But then so much other stuff would have been different. For example, Randy Moss might not be here. We wouldn't have had two first-roundp picks in 2007, so we probably wouldn't have traded one of them for another in 08 and gotten Mayo. The Branch thing was odd but the guy can't stay on the field, was paid like one of the 10 best receivers in the league, and we got a #1 for him. In terms of how it was handled, it was a short term loss for a huge long term benefit.

Did we forget ahem that Miami would have run for 300 yards but the end zone kept getting in the way? That we were killed in EVERY aspect of the game? It looked like we played Miami of the 70's out there.

Who cares about the Colts? I couldn't stomach football after that beating.

We are no better than the Colts at this time. We squeaked one out against KC. Beat the Jests (WOW!!!), who beat Miami.

I feel no sympathy for the Colts, we have enough issues of our own right here at home.

I think Polian is going to be complaining about the refs quite a bit. I think he will have problems coming to terms with the fact the Colts are that good this year. Their run defense may be even worse than it was in 2006 and their offense isn't as potent as it was in 2006 to compensate.

The Jags' o-line is a shambles and their offense has been derailed for the first two games, but they got 236 yards on the ground vs. Indy yesterday. By comparisons, they rushed for 33 yards vs. Tennesee and 98 yards vs. Buffalo.

Polian can cry about the refs all he wants, but if Del Rio decided to kick a field goal on 4th and 2 from the Indy 11 instead of trying to score the TD the calls he was complaining about would have been moot anyway.

The Colts are a flawed team and they couldn't put away an even more flawed team and nearly lost to another severly flawed team the week before (and actually should have lost). The only reason people aren't talking about them as one the worst teams in football right now is because of Manning and their past success. I see them potentially rebounding and being an 8-8 or 9-7 team, but I don't think they will be much better.

I feel no sympathy for the Colts, we have enough issues of our own right here at home.

I am happy that they are having a poor season.

Why are you making fun of the Colts when our team was just embarrassed by the crappiest team in the league with a rookie head coach? No wonder the rest of the league can't stand us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back