PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: Who will be Garoppolo's back up Weeks 1-4?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will be Jimmy Garoppolo's backup Weeks 1-4?

• Brian Hoyer

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Matt Flynn

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Peyton Manning

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Michael Vick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TJ Yates

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Tim Brady (a guy with a ZZ Top Beard wearing sunglasses)

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • 6th Round Draft Pick

Votes: 13 40.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brady were to file a defamation suit within the next week or two in Massachusetts and his lawyers were relentless there is almost a 100% chance the lawsuitwould enter the discovery part of the case before the season started (Discovery is usually the longest part of the case. It begins soon after a lawsuit is filed and often does not stop until shortly before trial) Now obviously none of it would be public and the trial wouldn't happen for a bit but maybe the nfl doesn't want to turn over something or answer a certain interrogatory

A lot of it will depend on the discovery timetable set forth by the court. The NFL, as the defendant, will hem and haw and not provide anything until compelled to do so. By then the season could be over (in the least brady's suspension would be done). The point is a defamation suit won't help brady's suspension - it may help with public image but that's about that.

Stephen Hawking already has the jersey. An In Your Face Goodell move!

Peyton will unretire to come back and help out his BFF's Tom and Bill.
But as soon as Roger finds out Peyton has signed with the Patriots he will launch an expedited investigation on Peyton's HGH use and suspend him for the first 4 games of the season.

And then Roger will dock the Patriots' first round pick in 2017 because they "should've known".

So I have to take back my poll choice.

A lot of it will depend on the discovery timetable set forth by the court. The NFL, as the defendant, will hem and haw and not provide anything until compelled to do so. By then the season could be over (in the least brady's suspension would be done). The point is a defamation suit won't help brady's suspension - it may help with public image but that's about that.

And you're missing the point that if the nfl can't get the case dismissed in the initial pleadings that the some of the owners may think it isn't in the best interest of the league for it's most successful and known QB to have a defamation lawsuit against them and trust me the nfl will be bloodied by this whereas Brady has really nothing to lose. He's already had his name defamed by this and if he doesn't get a stay pending any other further action he will miss the 4 games. He's got more than enough money to fight the nfl. Let's see how the nfl likes it when goodell, blandino, kensil and vincent have to turn over stuff or answer something under oath.

And you're missing the point that if the nfl can't get the case dismissed in the initial pleadings that the some of the owners may think it isn't in the best interest of the league for it's most successful and known QB to have a defamation lawsuit against them and trust me the nfl will be bloodied by this whereas Brady has really nothing to lose. He's already had his name defamed by this and if he doesn't get a stay pending any other further action he will miss the 4 games. He's got more than enough money to fight the nfl. Let's see how the nfl likes it when goodell, blandino, kensil and vincent have to turn over stuff or answer something under oath.

I'm not disagreeing with you. All i'm saying is that it won't do anything to reverse his suspension. Froob seems to think that brady getting discovery is somehow going to help him with the appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes