PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: Where does 5th vs. ATL rank among Pats greatest SB victories?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Ranking Your Mostest Favorite & Exciting Pats SB Wins!

• #1 ATL #2 RAMS #3 SEA

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • #1 ATL #2 SEA #3 RAMS

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • #1 RAMS #2 ATL #3 SEA

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • #1 RAMS #2 SEA #3 ATL

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • #1 SEA #2 ATL #3 RAMS

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • #1 SEA #2 RAMS #3 ATL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Or, Waaaahh I think CAR or PHI should be a top 3 too!)

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pdangle

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Feel free to list all 5. But I think it's a 3 Horse race.

For me it's pretty simple:

#1 ATL

Much tougher between these next two, but I go with

#2 RAMS
#3 SEA

But it's really close. SEA was more exciting back and forth football & ending obviously. The RAMS victory and game was surreal -and a slugfest- throughout. But Since I have "favorite" in the Poll description, I need to put it ahead of a slightly more "exciting" SEA game for me.

Next is pretty easy, CAR was somewhat dramatic for sure.
#4 CAR

And lastly, but not without merit

#5 PHI

Anyway, what you peeps think?

P.S. After my stroll down Super Bowl Memory Lane, the NFL should be thanking the Pats for the Nielsen ratings. Each one of these games was can't miss TV. Even the two losses were exciting in their own right. That's 7 intense and exciting SB's - Yeah... You're F'n Welcome NFL!

So many great and memorable games by legendary players. What an unbelievable run!

Last edited:
1. Rams (huge underdog, just after 9/11, where this dynasty started)
2. Falcons (greatest SB comeback ever)
3. Seahawks (Malcolm)
4. Carolina (start to finish maybe the best game)
5. Philly

2001 is amazing, it was the ultimate underdog victory, but for some reason, after the Spygate nonsense and the Deflategate pile of garbage, the 2014 and 2016 wins came in such an improbable way, at the most necessary time, and basically shut the haters up forever. They both have such a sweet taste, that to me can't be denied.

1. Atlanta Falcons
2. Seattle Seahawks
3. St. Louis Rams
4. Carolina Panthers
5. Philadelphia Eagles

1. seahawks
2. falcons
3. rams
4. panthers
5. eagles

1)Atlanta- mostly because it cements BB and Brady as GOATS and it was a major FU to Goodell, the league and the haters. We are now #2 all time tied with the Cowboys and 49ers with 5 SB wins. As a 54 year old, that means a lot to me since I always idolized those 2 organizations growing up. 49ers 5 SBs in 14 years. I thought that was the most incredible Dynasty, Pats 5 SBs in 16 seasons, BUT, in the salary cap era !

2) Seattle- Hated that Seattle team, and was pissed about Deflategate.

3) Rams- The 1st and most improbable win. Against the Greatest Show on Turf. Probably our worst roster to win a SB. And that's what made it so amazing.

4) Carolina- That 2003 team was so defensively dominant. Held the co-MVPs Steve McNair and Peyton Manning to 14 points a piece. That win against Indy may have been my favorite non-SB playoff win ever, 4 ints vs Manning (3 by Law).

5) Philly- Also a dominant season. Also so friggen impressive. Holding the unstoppable Colts to 3 points in the Divisionals, then marching into Pittsburgh and crushing the 15-1 Steelers despite Brady having the flu. Then beating a very tough Eagles team.

Tough to rate them, love them all.

1. Rams.. unreal and just so amazing
2. Falcons.. The Falcons were a great team and .. well we know what happend
3. Sea Hawks.. amazing game another great opponent
4. Panthers.. I just thought the pats would win
5. Eagles.. I just thought the Pats would win no doubts

Both the Eagles and Panthers put up better fights than expected.

Anyone ranking any above Atlanta

hqdefault.jpg

Feel free to list all 5. But I think it's a 3 Horse race.

For me it's pretty simple:

#1 ATL

Much tougher between these next two, but I go with

#2 RAMS
#3 SEA

But it's really close. SEA was more exciting back and forth football & ending obviously. The RAMS victory and game was surreal -and a slugfest- throughout. But Since I have "favorite" in the Poll description, I need to put it ahead of a slightly more "exciting" SEA game for me.

Next is pretty easy, CAR was somewhat dramatic for sure.
#4 CAR

And lastly, but not without merit

#5 PHI

Anyway, what you peeps think?

P.S. After my stroll down Super Bowl Memory Lane, the NFL should be thanking the Pats for the Nielsen ratings. Every one of these games was great TV. Even the two losses were exciting in their own right. 7 great and exciting SB's - Yeah... So You're F'n Welcome NFL!

I still think the #1st superbowl win was the most exciting as it was the only one where we were the underdogs and it was exciting throughout the entire game.

SEA and ATL had thrilling endings but the Seattle game was a heart attack and the first 3 quarters of the ATL superbowl were miserable to watch.

I'm biased towards comeback wins, and yesterday's was one for the ages. Unitas was considered GOAT with the OT championship win in 58'....this is why I have a hard time putting Peyton in with the very greatest - where are his comeback victories? I can't ignore Edelman's catch or what James White did - still taking this all in.

Rams, Seattle, Atlanta

Reasoning: The Pats needed no help (i.e. needed no self destruction by other team - turnover, ****ty coaching decision, bad call by a ref, etc.) to win. The Seattle game was a close second because, we just saw the Pats throw on 1st and goal from the one (and almost throw an interception) because the coverage, arguably, dictated the play call. Falcons win last because the game was over - and a win only possible - by the dumbest coaching decision in Super Bowl (maybe NFL?) history. How do you shotgun from the 23 on 2nd down? What madness went through their mind?

Rams, Seattle, Atlanta

Reasoning: The Pats needed no help (i.e. needed no self destruction by other team - turnover, ****ty coaching decision, bad call by a ref, etc.) to win. The Seattle game was a close second because, we just saw the Pats throw on 1st and goal from the one (and almost throw an interception) because the coverage, arguably, dictated the play call. Falcons win last because the game was over - and a win only possible - by the dumbest coaching decision in Super Bowl (maybe NFL?) history. How do you shotgun from the 23 on 2nd down? What madness went through their mind?
C'mon Seattle Super Bowl is nothing compared to last night. And that Seattle Super Bowl was absolutely insane, that's how thrilling last night was.

C'mon Seattle Super Bowl is nothing compared to last night. And that Seattle Super Bowl was absolutely insane, that's how thrilling last night was.

I see the question is most favorite and exciting, so I suppose it depends on what part of the question you focus on. Most thrilling? Seattle followed very closely by this one. Favorite? Rams.

It was only the 3rd best to watch.

#1 Pats/Seattle
#2 Pats/Carolina
#3 Pats/Falcons
#4 Pats/Rams
#5 Pats/ Eagles

On the scale of how epic and the story lines it is probably #1.

Rams - Not only was The Silence of the Rams the first SB win in our 40 year history, but it was a huge upset that came against the ****iest team and fans. It was also the jump start to the greatest dynasty in NYFL history. I still get emotional when I think back to when that FG split the uprights.

Hawks - The suddenness of this one separates it from the latest win. We went from winners to losers to winners in a couple of plays. It also came right on the heels of defamegate and two weeks of an assault on our team from mediots everywhere. Al Roker was mocking Bill Belichick for crying out loud. I never wanted a win so much in my life.

Falcons - Yes, we saw the next greatest Pats comeback, but once the Pats won the toss to start OT, everyone knew how that was going to turn out. Of course we want them to win all games, but this game was also less crucial because of the Hawks win in 14. Had the Pats not won back then this game would have taken on much more meaning.

Panthers - This was another classic Pats SB. Both teams set a record for the longest start of a game without a score and then followed it with a record for the most points scored. That this game is down this far on most people's lists shows how many great games we've been blessed with.

Philly - Tough luck for Donovan. He finally gets to a SB and he ends up catching a stomach bug the day of the game.

Rams, Seattle, Atlanta

Well if you watched the GB vs ATL game then you might have had some foreshadowing.. Atlanta was up big and did not let up off the gas they kept on throwing and scoring and essentially taking the life right out of GB. This backfired on them against the Pats. I agree though with your assessment of how dumb that play calling was.. not only could you take time off the clock with simple running plays but you were already in fairly easy FG range. All Atlanta needed was 1 point to pretty much put the game out of reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back