Jimmy G

• Yes

Votes: 75 78.9%
  • Hell no.

Votes: 20 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think by now the Pats "know what they have" in Brissett, remember BB several times talking about how much Brady progressed by the end of his first season..BB wants an intelligent, accurate QB....

OTOH no matter who replaces #12, will never live up to the standard set by him.. if Jimmy G is traded, we know how they feel about Brissett....

Expect Jimmy to be traded.

Let's say a Bidding war starts for Jimmy G. Cleveland #12 and 4th Rounder is Great haul right now. But what if say San Fran and Chicago offers a 2nd and a 4th this year and 1st next year. What do you all think we would do???
WHY? We would lose the 4th round pick to the NFL

He's only a third year player with a game and a half of experience. I think he can get much better and certainly be a SB type QB. That's why, as much as the potential draft haul is very intriguing, I'm fine keeping him. But I'm also a fan of Brissett too but he's obviously more of a project. I'm feeling good whichever way BB plays this.

It just makes me worried also that Giselle is asking Tom to retire now.. what happens if he wins another ring next year? She might drag him off the field. And then we just traded away our future QB for a couple draft picks.

It just makes me worried also that Giselle is asking Tom to retire now.. what happens if he wins another ring next year? She might drag him off the field. And then we just traded away our future QB for a couple draft picks.

What if they're really high on Brissett? They drafted him for a reason and Parcells loves him. Maybe he is the next in line.

I voted yes because #12 is still a really sweet spot to pick, imagine getting another mayo or solder. That said I would be slightly disappointed because I do believe they can get more. If the bidding war I think is going to happen does one of SF, Chi, or Cle is going to offer higher then #12. My guess is to win this SF or Chi has to offer their top 5 and a 4th (or better depending on how crazy this gets) and Cle would have to offer #12 and #33. I could see swapping picks in a round as well if the other team was hesitant about giving up a rounds pick entirely. Or any of the 3 of them throwing in a first next year wouldn't make me unhappy. So exciting to see how it all ends because my opinion is the pats are in the rarest of rare positions of having a franchise QB they don't "need" and if anyone doesn't want to pony up at least a top 15 pick they will be quite content to keep the best back up in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents