PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: If the NEP win the SB, should Randy get a ring?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Randy ring?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd give it to him, if he accepts that is! Then say thank you for 2007!

i'd say he gets one. As training camp is a big part of the season and from all reports, Moss has been doing a good job taking in some of the younger WRs and showing them the ropes.

I don't remember Milloy getting one and wasn't he in TC in 03?

At least Milloy came to play in the playoffs and was part of a championship team - When Randy was in the playoffs here he was pretty much a non factor,He was a terror in the regular season and an afterthought in January

Last edited:
Absolutely not, and neither should Logan Mankins.
Randy had become part of the problem not a contribution to the solution.
We need Edelman and Tate to really step up, it also would be nice to see what we may have in Taylor Price.

Absolutely not, and neither should Logan Mankins.
Randy had become part of the problem not a contribution to the solution.
We need Edelman and Tate to really step up, it also would be nice to see what we may have in Taylor Price.

I'd rather give one to Moss than Mankins. Hell, Mankins owes us a ring anyway! Freakin O-line...

No he played 4 games this season. Im one of the biggest Moss apologists here but come on man...

Whatever Moss did in the past to help the franchise should not be reflected in this season. I don't think that he has done enough this year to get a ring if the Pats win

With the help of R. Moss we've won 3 of 4 games. He was here.

He's earned a ring by normal standards.

Might as well ask if Mankins deserves a ring if he reports in week 10

i think we should answer the more fundamental question first: can NE win a game without Randy?
They did in Miami.
Seriously is this thread a joke?
Moss bails on the team to the point they would give him away and probably would have cut him if no trade offer came, and you want to give him credit for the future success of the team he abandoned?
Do you pay your ex-wifes car loan for her too?

I'd rather give one to Moss than Mankins. Hell, Mankins owes us a ring anyway! Freakin O-line...
Why? Moss quit on the team, Mankins was man enough to not pretend he was going to try to contribute.

With the help of R. Moss we've won 3 of 4 games. He was here.

He's earned a ring by normal standards.
By being part of 3 wins while quitting on the team? How do you give a ring to a guy who requests to not be part of your team, and withholds effort to get his way?

No ... and no key to the city either.

He gets a port-a-john ... for being a crapper.

Seriously is this thread a joke?

No, the thread is not a joke. I (OP) voted no. If I was going to be at the Halloween game, I would boo him during player introductions. (Either that or turn around and pretend like I was mooning him)

But I was curious to see what others would say. As the numbers have pretty good mix (as opposed to say the lopsided answer in the WW as a Jag poll) I would have to say it is a pretty good question with strong and varied opinions on both sides.

No, the thread is not a joke. I (OP) voted no. If I was going to be at the Halloween game, I would boo him during player introductions. (Either that or turn around and pretend like I was mooning him)

But I was curious to see what others would say. As the numbers have pretty good mix (as opposed to say the lopsided answer in the WW as a Jag poll) I would have to say it is a pretty good question with strong and varied opinions on both sides.
OK, no offense intended. Apparently a good question to a joke of an audience.

- When Randy was in the playoffs here he was pretty much a non factor,He was a terror in the regular season and an afterthought in January

With the Pats per game
regular season average.... 5 catches ... 76 yds......... 1TD .......................40-12 record
playoff average .......... 3 catches ..... 35 yds ......... .25 TD..................... 2-2 record

Last edited:
No, he manny remirez'd himself out.

Absolutely yes, it's the classy thing to do, and it's an established practice to give a ring to everybody who contributed, even if they didn't finish the season with the team.

If it kills him to look at it...if it fills him full of regret and makes him wish he hadn't acted the way he did...well, he'll just have to find a way to deal with it.

(you people that are saying no don't understand that it's a greatest way to say f**k you)

Last edited:
I know this is a paradox but IMHO, giving a player like that a ring is both the gracious thing to do and a slap in the face at the same time. You think Nomar has his 2004 Red Sox Championship ring sitting high and pristine on his mantle at home? No way. I bet it hurts just to look at it.

yeah, sort of like saying "We couldn't have done it with you."

Nope. He asked for the trade and left four games into the season. Should the Pats go all the way, I don't think he deserves one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents