PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Point Blank: if this ends poorly are you done with football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I like to know what another persons opinion is so I can figure out if it has merit. I can absorb insight that I may not have considered or I can just agree to disagree respectfully.

If you can't stand up and state your case then I just figure your a ball-less prick.

So what is it I have posted you dislike Anteros?

Ah, I see. You're either clueless or part of the "look at me!" brigade. I deal with neither. Carry on.

Ah, I see. You're either clueless or part of the "look at me!" brigade. I deal with neither. Carry on.
Actually it was a look at a John Tomase post.

As far as the "clueless" comment I've been posting on this site probably before you were capable of wiping your own arse.

We root, arguably, for the most admirable and dominant Dynasty in the History of my favorite Sport, led by perhaps the greatest Head Coach of all Time and the greatest and most unimpeachably admirable QuarterBack in History. No Fan or Professional who themselves have any Integrity or Intelligence considers Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, and this extraordinary Dynasty anything but The Gold Standard of Integrity.

Rooting for this Dynasty has given us more Pride and Joy than rooting for any of our other Teams in any Sport at any Time. And you're seriously asking if we should abandon them???

Gentlemen: If some ScumBag President and ScumBag Congress conspire to do Evil in the name of America's Government, you speak against them and if you can you act against them.

You do not abandon America, herself.

I agree with everything in the first paragraph and most of the second. For me the Celtics of the 60's are still the top team and Bill Russell is still the top player.

You'll get no Argument from me against the astonishing and unrivaled ~ in any Sport ever ~ Dominance of the Celts of Bill Russell. The Team BasketBall that they played was and remains the Standard, perhaps for all Sports ever, of how a Team's Whole can be transformed far beyond the Sum of Its Parts.

And I am more than happy to attenuate my original statement and say that Rooting for this Dynasty has given us as much Pride and Joy as rooting for any of our other Teams in any Sport at any Time.

The reason that I deign to put Mad Bill's Dynasty right up there with that of the magnificent Celtic Dynasty of Red Auerbach, Bill Russell, and Crew ~ 11 Championships in 13 Years!!! :eek: ~ is that I grade on the curve, so to speak, and allow for many Factors, not the least of them being of course the crippling effects of The Infernal Salary Cap, and the near Impossibility of keeping great Teams together.

To me, the Signature Moment of this Dynasty ~ if one is indeed to choose a single moment as opposed to our extraordinary Body of Work ~ remains that moment, during the preliminary ceremonies for Super Bowl 36, when our entire Team flouted all that HollyWood and World Wrestling Federation Glitter and Glamor, choosing instead to charge onto the Field all together ~ as one man...as a Team.

The Patriots were then and remain now living proof that one of the most worn-out cliches of all ~ that if you work together and for each other, you can accomplish absolutely amazing things ~ is Truth.

For Mad Bill to persistently succeed in getting that Message across in the 21st Century, in this Era of Bloated Salaries and Comfort, is, in my mind, his most amazing Accomplishment of all.

OFG speaks honestly and from the heart. I don't always agree with his opinions and he not mine.

I can tell you this, though, he will always tell you what his mind tells him what's right. Crazy or not he seeks truth.

Stick a blade in his throat and his response won't change. I respect that.
stephen.jpg

as a Saints fan, I stopped supporting the NFL a while ago. It's not terribly hard either, believe it or not.

I only watch Saints games, and I don't watch on TV. They're not getting my ratings dollar. I use one of the streaming websites (the NFL *hates* those) or streamtorrent when I can. If you have the means to connect your computer to your TV then you can still watch from your favorite chair in your living room. I don't buy merchandise either, no hats, t-shirts, jerseys, etc. I will buy something Saints-related secondhand on occasion, an autographed football or something like that, but nothing new. That way I can ensure the NFL gets no money from it.

The point is, you can still watch your favorite team and not support the league as an organization with your money. That is what they fear the most - that people will simply stop spending their money. As long as Goodell is in charge, they won't get anything from me.

OFG speaks honestly and from the heart. I don't always agree with his opinions and he not mine.

I can tell you this, though, he will always tell you what his mind tells him what's right. Crazy or not he seeks truth.

Stick a blade in his throat and his response won't change. I respect that.
View attachment 9982

I cannot conceive of Higher Praise.

Thank you, Brother.

as a Saints fan, I stopped supporting the NFL a while ago. It's not terribly hard either, believe it or not.

I only watch Saints games, and I don't watch on TV. They're not getting my ratings dollar. I use one of the streaming websites (the NFL *hates* those) or streamtorrent when I can. If you have the means to connect your computer to your TV then you can still watch from your favorite chair in your living room. I don't buy merchandise either, no hats, t-shirts, jerseys, etc. I will buy something Saints-related secondhand on occasion, an autographed football or something like that, but nothing new. That way I can ensure the NFL gets no money from it.

The point is, you can still watch your favorite team and not support the league as an organization with your money. That is what they fear the most - that people will simply stop spending their money. As long as Goodell is in charge, they won't get anything from me.

wtg saints fan. Alot of us are doing this after. Its the only way we can fight.

I love football among a couple other sports and always will. However, regardless of how this ends, I have no need for the sports media, and from now on, will probably watch the games among patriot fans in sportsbars where I can't hear the idiotic commentators spout their BS. I never want to watch ESPN or the the NFL network ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST