PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Please post calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Would someoen please post the NFL calendar for between now and the draft? Thanks!

For example, when does free agency begin. When do we need to get down to 80 players, to the cap number?

mgteich said:
Would someoen please post the NFL calendar for between now and the draft? Thanks!

For example, when does free agency begin. When do we need to get down to 80 players, to the cap number?

I believe that the date of Free Agency is March 2nd. And that Teams have to be down to the cap by March 1st.

Also, I don't think that there is a set date for teams to get DOWN to 80 players. I think 80 players + NFLE exemptions is the most you can have at ANY time between now and the 1st cutdowns of camp.

2006 NFL CalendarJanuary 13, 2006 January 13-14 - Assistant coaches under contract to playoff clubs that won their Wild Card games may be interviewed for head coaching positions prior to their Divisional Playoff games.
January 14-15 - Divisional Playoffs
January 22 - AFC & NFC Conference Championships
February 5 - Super Bowl XL - Detroit
February 12 - AFC-NFC Pro Bowl - Honolulu
February 22-28 - Scouting Combine - Indianapolis
February 23 - Waiver system begins - Deadline (4:00 p.m. ET) for clubs to designate Franchise & Transition players
March 2 - Expiration date of all player contracts due to expire in 2006
March 3 - Free Agency period begins - Trading period begins for 2006 after expiration of all 2005 contracts
March 26-30 - NFL Annual Meeting - Orlando
April 21 - Deadline for signing of offer sheets by restricted free agents
April 29-30 - NFL Draft
May 23-25 - NFL Spring Meeting - Denver

This should be a sticky as well as the post listing all of our draft picks and their position.

February 9 is the 1st day that franchise/transition players can be designated.

To top losing early off, the draft is as late as it could ever be this year. Guess the mocks have that much more time to be speculated on.

FYI - Compensatory picks are usually announced during the March meetings.

Miguel, any interest in doing your draft board again? What is your reccomendation as a site to go to for links to draft sites? True seemed to abandon your old board.

It was the best on the internet. It was always up to date. Mostly on a daily basis. Must have been a hell tough of a job keeping it up that well.

That's how I found my way here because you use to have your Patriots Salary Cap on that site. Then when you stopped the draft site it moved over here.

Oops, now I'm going to get people pissed at you for being responsible for my being here.

PATSNUTme said:
Miguel, any interest in doing your draft board again? What is your reccomendation as a site to go to for links to draft sites? True seemed to abandon your old board.

It was the best on the internet. It was always up to date. Mostly on a daily basis. Must have been a hell tough of a job keeping it up that well.

That's how I found my way here because you use to have your Patriots Salary Cap on that site. Then when you stopped the draft site it moved over here.

Oops, now I'm going to get people pissed at you for being responsible for my being here.

I have no interest in recreating my draft links page. I do not have enough time to do that and a cap page. And I enjoy doing my cap page more. Plus, I believe that a cap page provides more of a service to fellow Patriots fans than does a draft links page.

Miguel said:
I have no interest in recreating my draft links page. I do not have enough time to do that and a cap page. And I enjoy doing my cap page more. Plus, I believe that a cap page provides more of a service to fellow Patriots fans than does a draft links page.

Don't blame you. Do you have any site that you want to recommend to get draft links?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe