PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Players react to boos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the ownership, coaches and front office heard those boos too. It was sad to see, but they deserved it. They didn't give the fans much to cheer about did they?

The crowd is pretty poor, generally speaking. Apparently the 2007 season didn't give the crowd much to cheer about either because the playoff games were ridiculously quiet, and you could hear AJ Feeley's cadence in the broadcast against Philly.

You don't show up for a playoff game you're lucky if you only get boo's. Team should have stayed in the locker room.

For the life of me, I can't understand why those guys didn't get motivated by the boos. Remember when this team had pride? When an offhand snipe in the week would motivate them to superhuman focus and determination? Now, they're offended by boos. The Patriots need more Patriot Players next year.

No, they want to see the home team show up for the damn game. Because this was basically an alarm clock catastrophe.

This.

From Snap #1, this team failed to show up today. Defense, Offense, Special Teams, and Coaching all sucked today. At least the ground crew did their job.

I don't advocate gutting the team, and I don't usually advocate booing the team, but today was exceptional in so many ways.

Last edited:
The crowd is pretty poor, generally speaking. Apparently the 2007 season didn't give the crowd much to cheer about either because the playoff games were ridiculously quiet, and you could hear AJ Feeley's cadence in the broadcast against Philly.

I only went to the AFCCG and I'm shocked that you call that quiet because I thought it was loud as hell, and it was a boring game of plodball, but the crowd stood the whole entire 3 hours and yelled their arses off. I had the Chargers fan in front of me asking if we ever sit.

That was a disgraceful performance today, they deserved it.

yes. people have every right to be furious at what happened on the field today. as a loyal, loyal fan who watched his first game 35 years ago and who stuck with this team through some of its darkest days and who truly appreciates the astounding achievements of the last decade, I would have been booing. As fans, we have a right to expect the team to show up. They, for whatever reason, didn't show up.

i just ask that fans take a deep breath before indicting BB, TB and the system that brought this team to five afcg's, four sb's and three trophies to this team in seven years.

Patriots started their decline when they went from bieng a physical running team to a pass happy finesse team. Who is to blame for that? You already know the answer...

There are 24 teams in football who didn't win their divisions. They would be more than happy if their team was decline like ours.

Patriots started their decline when they went from bieng a physical running team to a pass happy finesse team. Who is to blame for that? You already know the answer...

I would've booed my ass off too. We were effin' pitiful today. That was just a shameful performance, and the team (as a whole) deserved every last one of those screams.

I was against booing when this topic was discussed last year, but today they deserved it. That was quite the pathetic performance. WW2, and Faulk were the only bright spots today.

Slater and Butler were also bright spots.

I was against booing when this topic was discussed last year, but today they deserved it. That was quite the pathetic performance. WW2, and Faulk were the only bright spots today.

There are 24 teams in football who didn't win their divisions. They would be more than happy if their team was decline like ours.

Sadly, I doubt the Jets would trade places..........

LoL you know its a bad game when Slater's performance was considered a bright spot. Made a tackle, decent return for once, and had a holding flag on his first offensive play. Eh

Last edited:

Thats true. I completely forgot about Slater. When did he learn to make a cut on his returns? I was beginning to think the only thing he could do is run straight. ;)

We're in a rebuilding stage and we still managed to win the division. IMO that is pretty impressive. Most teams in a rebuilding stage are lucky to achieve a .500 record. I think the fact that people were booing is sick. I think Gillette is one of the most quiet stadiums in the NFL, and the fans therein booing a team that has delivered us 3 superbowl titles this decade and wins the division in a year where they're clearly in a rebuilding stage (hello, Rodney Harrison, Tedy Bruschi, dominant defense et all are gone. Dynasty is over. Let's call a spade a spade), are among the most spoiled and classless.

Not to be melodramatic about the whole thing. I just thought the booing was kind of bratty. There's been a sense of entitlement about the fan base for a while now. Superbowls are hard to win. Teams lose playoff games. It happens.

Last edited:
Let's be honest: maybe a couple of the players care that they got booed, and those are the ones who didn't need booing. The ones who didn't see fit to show up today don't care enough to have an epiphany just because we're mad.

Don't care if Wilfork's feelings are hurt. Maybe if he hadn't been beaten at the LOS all game, we wouldn't have had anything to boo. And BTW Vince, it wasn't what *you* accomplished in the past, it was what *they* accomplished in the past. You played on a SB winner as a rookie, good for you.

And **** you Wilfork for thinking you were getting booed because you weren't racking up big plays and blowing the Ravens out. Pats fans don't give a **** about blowouts: they want to see wins, and if they can't see that then at least a tightly contested defeat. The one thing that Pats fans won't tolerate is watching their team get blown out because they didn't show up to play in the playoffs. I sincerely hope that they let Wilfork's fat ass walk this offseason. If Seymour wasn't worth the money, then I dunno how the hell anyone thinks Vince "two down" Wilfork is.

Brilliant post. As much as i want to see Watson go he knows how the fans are here.

Like many have said, this team wasn't going far anyway. BB the GM hurt BB the coach, with many of the poor moves during the offseason. Three moves were suppose to help the passing game - the acquisitons of WR Galloway, WR Lewis, and TE Smith. The fact that all three were not even good enough to stay on the teams speaks volumes.

With Welker out, and Moss playing hurt, who was getting open for Brady. Nobody.

I know when I'm in a visiting stadium and the home team is being booed, I boo loudly with the opposing fans. If there were thousands of Raven fans there yesterday, I'm sure they piled on, to make it worse than it was.

No, we should be grateful that our team has just completed the best 10 years in the history of the nfl!

Oakland fans should boo their team. Detroit fans should boo their team. Patriot fans should thank their lucky stars and salute the patriots for all the accomplishments of the past decade!

That is not really going to happen in the middle of one of the worst quarters of NFL football ever. The fans should have booed then and it was the right thing to do. You want the fans to cheer when they do good then they have the right to Boo when they do bad.

What did you want? Did you want them to start a thank you song for the last decade in the middle of being embarrassed in a playoff game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes