PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Players and Their Agents, Thinking About Devon Still

Status
Not open for further replies.

State

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
There was a lot of talk last year about the Patriots not being interested in drafting JJ Watt because of his agent, Tom Condon.

NFL Forum :: - The Irrelevant, Random Thread of Anything 14

I guess it's thought there's bad blood between Belichick and him. It's said it goes back to Ben Watson and his then-agent Condon demanding a longer deal with more guaranteed money up front, which wasn't really workable from a team standpoint because of the salary cap.

So should we take a look at what players Condon represents and factor that in? Maybe.

But with Devon Still, an excellent fit with our defense going from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and back again, who has signed Drew Rosenhaus, that seems to bode well. He has the quickness to play a 1 gap in the 4-3 and the strength and sand in the pants to leverage 2 gap responsibilities in the 3-4.

Still hires Drew Rosenhaus | The News Journal | delawareonline.com

Really an ideal player with his size, production, and versatility. As of right now, he is projected to be available in the late first round.

Belichick and Rosenhaus, at least from this video, seem to respect each other. BILL BELECHICK & DREW ROSENHAUS-PATRIOTS @ EAGLES 11/27/11 - YouTube

How important are the agents? I figure between t[w]o closely rated players their respective agents do enter the picture.

Last edited:
There's no way in hell Devon Still will be available in the late 1st round. Feel free to bookmark and rub this post in my face if it happens.

As far as I know Condon is the only agent the Pats don't deal with...it would be nice to see a list of his clients for the upcoming draft whenever that becomes available...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST