PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh WR Emmanuel Sanders signs with Denver Broncos

re: Pittsburgh WR Emmanuel Sanders signs with Denver Broncos

The Denver Patriots at it again

Too bad they can't sign Brady to help them once the post-season comes around

The Sanders love in this forum is rediculous. If BB didn't sign him to an offer sheet last year (hoping he would show some balls in a contract year) no one here would be touting him...the guy has done nothing, and is always hurt.
Hell, Cotchery outperformed him last year!

The Sanders love in this forum is rediculous. If BB didn't sign him to an offer sheet last year (hoping he would show some balls in a contract year) no one here would be touting him...the guy has done nothing, and is always hurt.
Hell, Cotchery outperformed him last year!

What love? He's a solid WR2. I was hoping for him last year, as we had a rather desperate need for WRs at the time his offer sheet was signed.

I also thought that he'd prove out better than he did. He had a WR2, WR3 year in Pittsburgh.

He's decent. I'll take Edelman, but if we hadn't gotten him, I would have taken Sanders, as long as the money wasn't big and his feet aren't too messed up.

What love? He's a solid WR2. I was hoping for him last year, as we had a rather desperate need for WRs at the time his offer sheet was signed.

I also thought that he'd prove out better than he did. He had a WR2, WR3 year in Pittsburgh.

He's decent. I'll take Edelman, but if we hadn't gotten him, I would have taken Sanders, as long as the money wasn't big and his feet aren't too messed up.
I'm just happy Denver got their guy.

Sanders is a WR3 at best. People are really way too in love with this guy.

Edit: And for those calling him better than Decker... LOL. Proof, please, i'm dying laughing here.

I'm just happy Denver got their guy

As the 4th option on the field (D. Thomas, J. Thomas, Welker, Sanders) and with a QB that reads and sees as well as Manning, Sanders could have a very good year there. Be careful what you wish for.

I like Sanders and think he's a good addition for Denver, but it didn't make much sense for us to sign him. He doesn't really move the needle that much when you already have Edelman, Amendola, Thompkins and Boyce.

I definitely don't see him as a straight up Eric Decker replacement, since they're such fundamentally different receivers. What he brings is something that they can't readily replicate with their existing WRs, though, so it's definitely an improvement if he stays healthy.

As the 4th option on the field (D. Thomas, J. Thomas, Welker, Sanders) and with a QB that reads and sees as well as Manning, Sanders could have a very good year there. Be careful what you wish for.

Haha! Like I said I've seen enough of him (I live in the Pittsburgh area) I'm not concerned...AT ALL!

I like Sanders and think he's a good addition for Denver, but it didn't make much sense for us to sign him. He doesn't really move the needle that much when you already have Edelman, Amendola, Thompkins and Boyce.

I definitely don't see him as a straight up Eric Decker replacement, since they're such fundamentally different receivers. What he brings is something that they can't readily replicate with their existing WRs, though, so it's definitely an improvement if he stays healthy.

He would have been too big of a roadblock for the development of Josh Boyce. Right now, the Patriots will use Edelman or Amendola as the Z-WR/SE-WR in three wide receiver sets but I would think the eventual goal would be to have Josh Boyce win that job over the next 1-2 seasons. Sanders is that same type of receiver and having him here would have made it difficult for Boyce to get reps.

bored-bundy.gif

Demaryius Thomas is going to be the Patriots revenge for Welker and Talib.

I think if the Pats wanted, they could have gotten a deal.

He has foot injuries, I'm ok with the current players we have + additional FA or draft pick. We missed Nicks though.

I really want TE's.

Yes please

Yes please

I still think Dobson develops into a D Thomas comparable.

Anyway, this was pretty funny:

Doug Kyed ‏@DougKyedNESN 42m
Patriots get bigger at cornerback, Broncos get smaller at wide receiver.

I believe LaFell is a better receiver than Sanders.

Sanders is no bum though, and Manning keeps getting more and more weapons. Sickening

Dennard goes from having to cover a 6'3 high end WR2 to a 5'11 low end WR2.

I can't wait to see that "high octane" offense when D. Thomas misses time with an injury and Welker, Sanders are their starters.

Last offseason, I thought he was WR who might have gotten lost in the shuffle with Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown. Without Wallace this year, Brown had monster season (1,499 yards and 8 TDs) and Sanders wasn't much better than Jerricho Cotchery. The Steelers are content to let him walk away and Belichick had no desire to bring him in for a visit. That says something.

Although I don't know if he has much more of a ceiling, I think the Broncos would have been better going after Brandon LaFell. He is at least a big red zone target and more like Decker in skill set.

I still think Dobson develops into a D Thomas comparable.

Anyway, this was pretty funny:

Doug Kyed ‏@DougKyedNESN 42m
Patriots get bigger at cornerback, Broncos get smaller at wide receiver.

I think that is very hopeful, Thomas is the probably the second best WR in the NFL right now behind Calvin Johnson. Dobson will be a good player in my opinion but Thomas is a once in a generation type talent. I would be fine with both of them on the team though :)

This is such a non story, but watch ESPN build this signing up, as if Denver just got Jerry freaking Rice. Lol!

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back