PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh WR Emmanuel Sanders signs with Denver Broncos

re: Pittsburgh WR Emmanuel Sanders signs with Denver Broncos

He has a TON heart, and dedication though.

And honestly his QB's have been suspect...and that's being generous.

No doubt I would love to have him on this team, I just wouldn't put him as the #2 WR in the NFL right now. Father Time catches up with everyone.

Demarius Thomas is pretty damn good.

He's probably not "the 2nd best WR in the league," but there's a big cluster from slots 3-5. He's definitely top 5.

I would say he's fringe top 5. Megatron is on his own tier, and I'd probably put AJ Green at number 2. After him, there's a bunch of guys that have claims: Andre Johnson, Josh Gordon, Antonio Brown, Demaryius, Dez Bryant, Jimmy Graham (he is a WR), Julio Jones if he comes back healthy, Brandon Marshall, VJax, Jordy Nelson, and Larry Fitzgerald. I'm willing to bet I missed some too. I would probably put Demaryius somewhere between 8 and 10.

It's been a long time my friend!

Can't believe you'd have any concern, of Sanders in Denver...why? I see and hear the same stuff as you every Sunday.

Hope all is well!

PM me bro.

Hey FF--

I'd rather see Sanders go somewhere else than Denver, yes.

My reasoning is that they already have a lot of weapons around him, and I believe that just about anyone can do fairly well in that offense based on that alone.

I think he does have injury concerns, but he has some talent as well. He's shifty and slick in the open field, so he could potentially rack up some YACs out there. I highly doubt he's going to have anything of an all pro season etc, but it's probably in line with Denver fans wishing that Edelman would have gone somewhere else. I actually assumed that Denver would just fill their WR2 spot with a draft pick, cheap vet, or a guy like Andre Caldwell.

I would say he's fringe top 5. Megatron is on his own tier, and I'd probably put AJ Green at number 2. After him, there's a bunch of guys that have claims: Andre Johnson, Josh Gordon, Antonio Brown, Demaryius, Dez Bryant, Jimmy Graham (he is a WR), Julio Jones if he comes back healthy, Brandon Marshall, VJax, Jordy Nelson, and Larry Fitzgerald. I'm willing to bet I missed some too. I would probably put Demaryius somewhere between 8 and 10.

Difference of opinions, FTW.

I think I'd have D.Thomas anywhere from 3-6, with the log jam that is there in talent.

I think he's an excellent WR who is quite physical and speedy. He's a playmaker for sure.

Hey FF--

I'd rather see Sanders go somewhere else than Denver, yes.

My reasoning is that they already have a lot of weapons around him, and I believe that just about anyone can do fairly well in that offense based on that alone.

I think he does have injury concerns, but he has some talent as well. He's shifty and slick in the open field, so he could potentially rack up some YACs out there. I highly doubt he's going to have anything of an all pro season etc, but it's probably in line with Denver fans wishing that Edelman would have gone somewhere else. I actually assumed that Denver would just fill their WR2 spot with a draft pick, cheap vet, or a guy like Andre Caldwell.

Fair enough.

I disagree though. Even WHEN he is is active, he will be playing at far less than 100%, and we all know how players playing at less is a detriment. I just can't figure out when this guy became the Adam Seward of WR's. Lol.

Denver is gambling on receiver talent this year. Will Wes Welker rebound from his late season swoon or another year older will he just continue to decline? Will Sanders hold together and play to expectations?

I know the Pats have their own questions at WR, but the Broncos seem to have about as many outside of DeMaryius Thomas?

And for the top 5 WR debate...good god! Imagine what Josh Gordon could do, with a REAL QB! Jeez! ( no slam on Hoyer...I was talking last year when he was out).

Josh Gordon is #2

Missed two games and had mediocrity throwing to him and look at what he did.

You guys remember all those trade deadline rumors of Gordon to the Pats, last year?...DROOL!

This signing does not concern me. He might be okay but he is no Decker. Also, I am curious about the deal. I hear he was looking for a 5 yr 20+ dollar deal (more than he is worth). Did Denver overpay again or get him at correct value?

Not that it matters much I am just curious.

His agent is a *******. Shouldn't be a agent

Fair enough.

I disagree though. Even WHEN he is is active, he will be playing at far less than 100%, and we all know how players playing at less is a detriment. I just can't figure out when this guy became the Adam Seward of WR's. Lol.

I don't think he's anything of a great player, but he did have almost 70 catches this season, and offers a shifty type of talent in the YAC game.

As far as this "when he is active" stuff, he hasn't missed a game since 2011.

He played in all 16 games in the 2013 and 2012 seasons, so I think some of this injury concern is a bit exaggerated. Again...may he, as they used to say when my buddy Joker was growing up "pound salt," but I'm just answering your question in an honest fashion.

may he rot in hell for all I care, but I'm just answering your question in an honest fashion.

you may want to consider being a little less "honest" in the future...after all, this IS a family board...or so I've been told...

may he rot in hell for all I care, but I'm just answering your question in an honest fashion.

you may want to consider being a little less "honest" in the future...after all, this IS a family board...or so I've been told...

Yes, apologies to anyone I may have offended. The wording may have come off a bit harsher than I intended it to. Something like "I couldn't give a rat's ass less about Sanders" likely would have done the trick just fine without sending his poor soul to the depths of hell. :cool:

I have since edited the post for a more family friendly response.

Foxboro Flyer and I have a Pittsburgh based background, so we share an equal hatred towards the black and gold. Things can get a bit over the top, much like you and the Jets.

Sanders can go to hell.
tumblr_lz9leaibWt1rn95k2o1_400.gif

Not much of a drop off from Decker. Smart signing.

That's a huge drop off from Decker....

You're either really overrating Sanders, or underrating Decker..

Decker is a huge loss for the donkeys. Decker got something like 30+ TDs in 3 years. Sanders won't ever match that. I don't think Decker an elite #1 WR, but hes pretty good, and if he's your #2. That's a scary thing.

Sanders is a ok, but inconsistent receiver. And wasnt he pretty much run out of Pittsburgh?

Like I said horrible move for the Donkeys. I'm glad they did it. That team and its ****ty fan base can go **** themselves!

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Back