PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh May Be Champs...Roethlesberger No Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPatBoy

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Well>>>First that was an ugly game...However I know If I was a Pitt fan I would take it. All the talk of Big Ben putting himself in to the Brady League though was very premature. Big Ben wasn't good and other then 1 pass didn't really have to do anything to help his team. I'm not sure what his QB rating was but it has to be one of the worst. So Pittsburgh....enjoy your championship....but please don't compare Big Ben to Brady....

Passing
Ben Roethlisberger

9-21>>>123 yards
2 INT
0 TD

Like Garth says:
"If you're gonna spew....then spew in a cup".

F.B.N. said:
Passing
Ben Roethlisberger

9-21>>>123 yards
2 INT
0 TD

Like Garth says:
"If you're gonna spew....then spew in a cup".

Hayzoos, was he that bad?

SCPatBoy said:
Well>>>First that was an ugly game...However I know If I was a Pitt fan I would take it. All the talk of Big Ben putting himself in to the Brady League though was very premature. Big Ben wasn't good and other then 1 pass didn't really have to do anything to help his team. I'm not sure what his QB rating was but it has to be one of the worst. So Pittsburgh....enjoy your championship....but please don't compare Big Ben to Brady....

Kudos to the Steelers. But I'm with you, I've never been a believer in Roethlisberger. Granted he played very well in the playoffs (well above my expectations), was I the only one who thought Cowher/Whisenhunt purposely avoided having him throw the ball after his 2nd interception?

Murphys95 said:
Kudos to the Steelers. But I'm with you, I've never been a believer in Roethlisberger. Granted he played very well in the playoffs (well above my expectations), was I the only one who thought Cowher/Whisenhunt purposely avoided having him throw the ball after his 2nd interception?

He didn't really have to... they got lucky with Parker breaking out and after that the D and running game killed the clock. Also, you guys gotta be fair... he was 0/2 for TD/INT, but he did run for a huge one and booted very effectively this game. He reminded me of Jake Plummer.

That being said, he was incredibly unimpressive. I'm not trying to support him, he played like all crap (his second pick was one of the worst I've ever seen). These are just the facts.

Quarterback rating of 22? What a joke! If I hear one more comparison of Rothlesberger to Brady I'm gonna hurl. That's right! A QB rating of 22.6!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft