PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Philip Rivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, make sure you understand this Keegs. I think you do, but just to repeat, Whitehurst was designated as the third QB, which means he can dress and play and not take up an active roster spot.

However, if he enters the game at any point before the start of the fourth quarter, neither Rivers nor Volek can return to the game.

i was not aware of that.

thanks.

The way they reported it, it sounded like he made the comments after field reporters noticed the limping and conversation (the limping report preceded the comments by Norv), but these days, it doesn't seem to matter what a coach says about a player's injury prior to kickoff...

Well, Norv listed him as doubtful but publicly has said he's playing, so really Norv is pretty well set up with cover no matter what happens.

It's clearly an attempt at a mind-fu8k of the Patriots. Will it work? I don't know. Clearly the Pats prepared for both QBs, but if Rivers had been healthy, I'm sure the prep would have been 90/10, now it was probably closer to 50/50. So, in some senses, I'm sure the confusion has affected the Pats to some degree. How much? Seems to me that whatever the effect, it's outweighed by having to play with a second-string QB or an injured first-string. But, at the end of the day, football's a funny game and anything can happen. Let's just light this candle already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back