PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT rips Wells Report PSI Readings

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wells "report" is incredibly poorly written as both a report and as a prosecution for someone who is such a high paid lawyer.

Law students would be able to beat it in court, never mind actually skilled, experienced expensive lawyers.

Also - in a lawsuit wouldn't Brady's team only need to prove that it's "more probable than not" that Wells is a hired gun?

What it boils down to is the NFL needed a report for them not to look incompetent again and to make it look like the Pats did something, so Wells wrote it they way did and the reason it took 100+ days is because Wells had to make his bribe for getting the report to make it look like the Pats did something look legit if and when Brady's lawyers go digging.

There is no way in hell you can make me believe that this report took as long as did what Wells uncovered he knew this all by at the latest mid-March. Which either Wells just stretched it so his bribe looked like like a legit lawyer bill or the NFL dictated to him on when to release it, which would muddy the waters on if the NFL was basically directing Wells on what to do.

Florio just posted a second article on the scientific argument. He is using the argument that has been presented here, how can they discount Anderson's best recollection and then try to get Anderson to doubt himself on which gauge was used in pre-game inspection.
Anyway, he still thinks TB is guilty, but the report itself has alot of holes as pointed out by Florio.

I agree that this is all much ado about nothing. But what is the explanation for McNally's trip with the balls into the bathroom? Just an unfortunate coincidence? And why didn't the Patriots make McNally available for follow-up with league investigators? A sudden concern for the schedule of a low-level part time employee that did not exist during any of his 4 previous interviews?

I WOULD GIVE THEM NOTHING! NOTHING! THE PATRIOTS SHOULD GIVE THEM THE MIDDLE FINGER! I RECOMMEND EVERYBODY TO SEE THIS VIDEO UNTIL THE END!

TOMMY RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE! FUC* OFF GOOFYWELL! FROM EUROPE WITH LOVE!

When shown these messages, and asked about the reference to giving McNally his “needle” this week, Jastremski claimed that he was “joking around” with McNally and “busting his balls” because McNally had complained a few times earlier in the season that the air pump and pressure gauge he delivered to the Officials Locker Room only had one needle for the two devices. According to both McNally and Jastremski, McNally had asked Jastremski to provide two needles so that the officials would not need to switch the needle back and forth between the gauge and pump when they inspected the game balls prior to the game. In response to questions, Jastremski said that the joke was that he finally would provide a needle for both the gauge and the pump, and that his text message had nothing to do with the deflation of footballs using a needle. We do not view these explanations as plausible or consistent with common sense

Wells completely dismisses this report as implausible but a more plausible to him was the needle was to be used to deflate footballs. Wells is the one who says the needle is for tampering. The whole scenario of what happens is based on what Wells says happened and not what Brady, McNally and Jaz says happened.

He was interviewed zero times with the benefit of the texts. You can spin this however you'd like, but the most plausible explanation is that the concern about McNally's work schedule was just a pretext and the real concern was that McNally would give incriminating testimony when confronted with his texts.

Not true. Buried in a footnote, it states that Renaissance Associates, The NFL forensics expert, had Jastermski's cell phone, and many others, on January 21 and 22. before Wells was retained, because the Pats turned them over. That's where they got the McNally-Jastermski texts. Paul Weiss interviewed McNally in February. The Report refuses to give a date as to when "the interview" took place. It was actually more than one interview over more than one date, which is why no date is given in the Report. In short, Wells already had the texts when he interviewed McNally in February.

Not true. Buried in a footnote, it states that Renaissance Associates, The NFL forensics expert, had Jastermski's cell phone, and many others, on January 21 and 22. before Wells was retained, because the Pats turned them over. That's where they got the McNally-Jastermski texts. Paul Weiss interviewed McNally in February. The Report refuses to give a date as to when "the interview" took place. It was actually more than one interview over more than one date, which is why no date is given in the Report. In short, Wells already had the texts when he interviewed McNally in February.

Next ti9me, Patriots, just erase the damn texts. Seriously. This is a clown show. Not an investigation. Just erase all evidence.

That Kraft would be this gullible AFTER Spygate defies belief.

The needle part kind of reminds me of the time friends and I headed up to Toronto for a Sox game. Crossing the border, one of my friends in the back said to the custom agent (We're going to see the needle," meaning the CN Tower). We got pulled over and interrogated. In particular, they were asking us what we intended to do with needles.

I WOULD GIVE THEM NOTHING! NOTHING! THE PATRIOTS SHOULD GIVE THEM THE MIDDLE FINGER! I RECOMMEND EVERYBODY TO SEE THIS VIDEO UNTIL THE END!

TOMMY RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE! FUC* OFF GOOFYWELL! FROM EUROPE WITH LOVE!

Great video

From footnote 37, page67 of the Report:

"We have not been able to determine with certainty based on the witness interviews which game official used the Logo Gauge and which used the Non-Logo Gauge. For the reasons stated in Section VII.B and described in detail in Appendix 1, based on Exponent‟s conclusion that the Logo Gauge generally reports a measurement that is approximately 0.3-0.45 psi higher than the measurement reported by the Non-Logo Gauge, we believe that Blakeman used the Non-Logo Gauge and Prioleau used the Logo Gauge to test the Patriots game balls at halftime. As noted above, we also believe that Walt Anderson most likely used the Non-Logo Gauge prior to the game. "

In other words, Wells, Karp and Reisner didn't know who used which gauge when. The only testimony was Anderson's, which was contrary to the answer the client wanted. So they did what lawyers usually do when the argument doesn't hang together - they shovel in some ******** to cover the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back