PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Pats looking to run the table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another article from Slate alluding to the same theory-

"If more sordid details come out, and Goodell feels obligated to suspend Belichick for a week, the New England players themselves might beat some team 100-0."

http://www.slate.com/id/2174127

Old Charlie can certainly turn a phrase. His version of be careful what you wish for made me chuckle:

"Anyway, seeing a Goodell acting as the New Sheriff in Town—to use the John Ford-ism that's become trendy among America's sporty press—has brought out the latent authoritarian in everyone, it seems. He'd already knuckled Pacman Jones for gunplay, Michael Vick for aggravated Rovercide, and Dallas quarterback coach Wade Wilson for practicing pharmacy without either a license or a decent lie. Goodell couldn't very well have taken a pass on laying the wood to Belichick, who went out of his way to steal defensive signals on a sideline only 20 miles or so from Goodell's desk. In truth, he should have suspended Coach Beyond-The-Law for a couple of games, too, but a half-million bucks is a considerable fine, and the loss of a draft pick makes any football executive cry. People who have been waiting six years to see the Patriots get their comeuppance seemed generally quite happy with Goodell. And then the game started."

LOL

19 - 0 won't happen. Look what happened when the Colts thought they were going to waltz to a perfect record. You gotta be challenged in the regular season to be ready mentally for the playoffs. I think this is why the Colts got over the hump last year, and why the top NFC teams keep getting creamed by the top AFC teams - their usual competition is too easy.

That said I find 11 - 5 that clayton was throwing around to be too low. They were 12 -4 last year when Brady had nobody to throw to. Outside of benching the starters against the Giants because a playoff bye has been secured, the only NFC East team that has a prayer is the Cowboys, and the discrepancy between their defense and the Pats is enormous. Steelers could play them tough, the rest of the NFC North does not seem that great. That leaves the colts and the "how did they pull this one off?" loss in Miami. I say 13 - 3 is realistic, which probably will get them at least the #2 seed because San Diego is not going 14 - 2 this year.

With the talent we have this year and BB and all the disrespect this team has been getting, I see anything under 14-2 hard to believe. We ARE the best team in the NFL. We play one game at a time, and if we do lose, it will probably be very very little. I still am sticking to 19-0. This is the best all-around team since the 72 dolphins. That being said, anything can happen, and worst would be injuries. Things will have to go well to go 19-0, but even with injuries, I see less than 14-2 improbable.

Last edited:
Which would be better?

A: Win all our games by an identical 38-14 score

B: Win all our games against "frendly" team by the minmum then beat all the loudmouth (I mean you Hines) by an identical 38-14 score?

I was thinking that too. Winning every game might not be enough.

When they get to thirty eight, Brady just hands the ball to the other team, looks into the camera and makes a cranking motion like he's got an old time camera on his shoulder.:rofl: :rofl:

but I think it's different in saying you want to take one game at a time and win every game than flat out out declaring, this season we MUST have the perfect season just to prove everybody wrong, I think thats a different type of pressure

Congrats on the Bowl.

Prior to that, I guess you guys were the experts on the different types of pressure.

LOL. Exactly.

Somebody call Goodell. Obviousy Dungy has cameras somewhere in our super-secret Nixonian Fortress of Solitude in Foxboro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back