PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Bill "has shopped" Mac

Why feed the trolls?
If you respond to this horseshit, you have to respond to all horseshit.
The team has for 20 years not taken the bait, I doubt they'll start now.
Because we look in total disarray.
Bill could get away

Would Bill shop Mac to other teams? Absolutely.
Would Bill allow it to leak to the media if he was? Absolutely not, that hasn't been Bill's style.

I personally hope that it doesn't happen because the smugness of the pro Zappe people if they moved Mac would be overwhelming.

Let Zappe Cook

Sexy Sizzle GIF by Philips Norelco

#BZ4

delicious meat GIF by HuffPost

Disagree with your evaluation of BOB hiring, it’s an upgrade over the JJ/MP show regardless of whether Mac, Zappe, or some new face is at QB.

Agree I’d like to see Mac traded. He has shown character deficiencies over the past year that force me to believe he isn’t fit to walk in TB12’s footsteps. And I was a Mac fan when he was drafted and most of his first year.
I called for Mac to be drafted in 2021, but quickly saw it was mistake the moment he took the field for the Pats.

I don't think Mac should be blamed for the dysfunctional Bill has created. As much as I don't like Mac, he was set up to fail last season.

Why feed the trolls?

If you respond to this horseshit, you have to respond to all horseshit.

The team has for 20 years not taken the bait, I doubt they'll start now.
Already started.

Last year a lot of guys in the locker room took the bait, listened to the hype, and sided with the media against their coaches. Seems BB is out to change locker room culture. Wonder how much that impacted Meyers.

I doubt Bill is aggressively shopping Mac, but no one on the team, including Mac, should be considered off-limits from being traded if the price is right.

I'd be slightly surprised if Mac isn't the starter in 2023

If Bill doesn't think he's good enough now why wait?

He didn't wait to change Jonnu or wait to change Patricia, why is Mac any different?

Hes on a rookie contract unlike jonnu. It cost’s barely anything to give him more than two years to see what he can do, after investing a #15 on him

I called for Mac to be drafted in 2021, but quickly saw it was mistake the moment he took the field for the Pats.

I don't think Mac should be blamed for the dysfunctional Bill has created. As much as I don't like Mac, he was set up to fail last season.
Most Pundits saw a guy surrounded by elite talent.
I have a friend who went to Alabama who said everyone know who he was as soft as quote a pair of silk pajamas.

Regardless of what success or failure Mac was set up for on the field, his success or failure in the locker room was his choice. He failed there on his own hook.

If Florio gets any traction with this then expect an army of 3rd rate me-tooers to come charging in (looking at you, Volin).

I remember people saying the exact same thing about the Video Scandal when that POS Herald reporter came out and said that he had verified sources that the Pats videoed the Rams.. Turned out to be nothing but BS fabrication.
Right so any report you don’t like means it’s all a lie. Good to know.

I doubt Bill is aggressively shopping Mac, but no one on the team, including Mac, should be considered off-limits from being traded if the price is right.

I'd be slightly surprised if Mac isn't the starter in 2023
The bridge is burned I’m sure Mac wants out as much as Bill wants him out.

Let’s play a scenario out.
Mac reaches out to Bill after the reports Bill said everyone is competing for their job including Mac and Bailey.

Mac pleads with Bill that it’s unfair to hold anything last season against him and he deserves the respect a franchise QB should be given.

Bill scoffs and tells him to prove it or something worse Mac goes to agent and trade talks commence.

Would Bill shop Mac to other teams? Absolutely.
Would Bill allow it to leak to the media if he was? Absolutely not, that hasn't been Bill's style.

I personally hope that it doesn't happen because the smugness of the pro Zappe people if they moved Mac would be overwhelming.
BB can’t control leaks from other teams.

I’m sure there are other teams that would be quick to leak such news to sow more dissension in the Pats’ organization.

I’ll let the experts decided if Mac or Zappe is better, but the offense looked better when Zappe was on the field.

It just adds even more to Brady’s legacy he was able to put up with this mediocre coach for over 20 years.

Mac is mediocre. Bill is mediocre without Brady. Can someone remind me what BB’s head coaching record is all time without Brady?

Get rid of them both.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back