PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFF's secret superstar

Status
Not open for further replies.
isn't dvoa a football outsiders thing?

Yes. DVOA and PFF have nothing to do with one another. In fact, I think DVOA actually came out first, or at least FO did.

I'm a big fan of Siliga and think he is an impressive player who could start on half the teams in the league.

Zach Moore is also reportedly around 290 pounds now and has been playing quite a bit inside during OTAs. His length and athleticism inside could be crazy!

This is pretty nuts, the kid had great athletics for his size iirc, if he maintained that while bulking up THAT much he could prove to be a force when he learns the game.

Considering his roots, I still won't expect much this season, but if it all starts to click in the next year or two he could turn into something.

Yes. DVOA and PFF have nothing to do with one another. In fact, I think DVOA actually came out first, or at least FO did.

Yes, FO was first.

Unlike PFF's stats, DVOA (etc) measures are purely statistical, i.e. no subjective scoring is involved at all.

The are also per play only, not per player. When they report on (say) a QB's DVOA, they make it clear they can't really tell how much the receivers, line etc contributed to the results.

PFF's stats are per player and necessarily subjective. That said, they do indeed score every player on each play of every game, which gives them an interesting perspective that I respect as a useful supplement to the fan perspective here.

Yes, FO was first.

Unlike PFF's stats, DVOA (etc) measures are purely statistical, i.e. no subjective scoring is involved at all.

The are also per play only, not per player. When they report on (say) a QB's DVOA, they make it clear they can't really tell how much the receivers, line etc contributed to the results.

PFF's stats are per player and necessarily subjective. That said, they do indeed score every player on each play of every game, which gives them an interesting perspective that I respect as a useful supplement to the fan perspective here.

that's a little misleading, as I mentioned earlier --- pff's stats are as objective as any other, it's the grades which are subjective.
grading isn't all they do.

and while dvoa isn't a grade, it's an advanced metric produced by a formula which ends up being read as a ranking, or grading, creating certain impressions.
there is an implied worth granted dvoa which may or may not be true.
at the end of the day, dvoa measures dvoa, but people sometimes forget and think it measures something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft